Huge success in Europe

>huge success in Europe
>flopped in Murrica, Ebert gave it 2 and a half stars
Why are they like that?

Attached: Once-Upon-A-Time-In-The-West-charles-bronson.jpg (600x397, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7MooNISe8aM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

America never appreciated the western genre when it was alive

Kojima was right.

Americans can't handle communist propaganda

>Americans never appreciated the genre that was made famous by Americans in 1939

the american version was cut by like 40 minutes

Because it’s alright to have different opinions

america had two too many westerns

What did Kojimbo say?

Americans have an extremely plebeian taste and Ebert was a huge hack
Also though Kojima is a hack too

yes, the american critics of the past considered it to be lowbrow stuff, as opposed to serious drama pictures

It's a great movie but it has damn near the same plot as TGTBTU. Not going to say one is better than the other but the genre was pretty tired by that point.

>the american version was cut
Yeah, we all know.

>no bbc gangbang
here's why

Because everything after the opening scene was trash

They're literally not alike at all

>it has damn near the same plot as TGTBTU
In what way?

Why do eurotards have such an obsession with westerns anyway?

>giving a shit about what some critic thinks
Americans themselves loved Westerns in the 40s and 50s. By the 60s, it was getting old

americans seethe at spaghetti western for being better than american western

Making up for their own lack of open spaces

Westerns are about freedom. We are actually free and you Americans are slaves to your corporate masters.
You wouldn't understand.

When Death Stranding was better received in Europe than America, he said that Yuros have a higher sensibility than Murricans and that Murricans were expecting a CoD game.
As a Yuro, that game fucking sucked but he's not wrong.

As a Euro, I never played it because I never bought a PS4. I kinda want to, to play that, plus GoW 4 & the Uncharted stuff, but... Eh.

Yes, americans are retarded, but europe is worst. Besisdes being retarded they are also gay.

It's the only culture you ever had and you threw it under bus good job

ok kid

Attached: (you).jpg (556x604, 262K)

you mean For a Few Dollars More

His observation is generally correct but Death Stranding was a complete flop. A literal walking sim with retarded plot developments and so many fucking cutscenes it made RDR2 feel action packed

I think the problem with americans isnt that theyre not sensible, they are all humans just like any other, but the corporate culture in america does not thrive on subtle emotions, it does not thrive on a tour de force, it does not thrive on a long journey. And what does it do? It literally manipulates Americans into becoming pure consumers, and not of the good kind, to make them forget the shit life they have because of their capitalist overlords.

once upon a time > few dollars more > good bad ugly

>Watching a movie with American friend
>He asks if it's ok to skip the talky scenes

>America never appreciated the western genre when it was alive

Attached: SearchersPoster-BillGold.jpg (580x912, 120K)

is this 'the' definitive western?

While I agree the opening is the most iconic part of the movie, the rest is great too

nope

Attached: l19900-b4vcs-01.jpg (1418x2000, 462K)

This wasn’t appreciated when it came out

Americans are mutts and on the evolutionary scale somewhere between the macaque and the new world monkeys.

heard you talking shit

Attached: highnoon.jpg (960x1440, 206K)

Mediocre film

So westerns were like the fast and furious movies of the mid 20th century?

as is the good, the bad and the ugly and once upon a time in the west

Yeah.

Kek

Attached: 815657680975116937503.jpg (479x343, 27K)

Alright truth be told i just hated the harmonica gimmick and it was enough to spoil the entire movie for me. It just felt like the guy was an autist more than a cool mysterious stranger. Also the main female lead is bad.

>OOOOOOOOOH HENRY FONDA AS THEEEEEE VILLAINNNNNNNNNNNN

Attached: OMGYESSSSS.jpg (301x490, 26K)

Attached: ohyes.jpg (276x368, 15K)

real niggas watch this

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

Americans also think their pizzas are better than this. That's really all you need to know about them.

Attached: pizza.jpg (960x640, 75K)

High Noon has one of the best scenes in the history of cinema and it's one of the few actual good westerns.

ABSOLUTELY BASED. Americunts BTFO.

what is this?

Pizza.

>not 'za
trash

>it's one of the few actual good westerns.
Bro stop embarrassing yourself. HN’s very concept was done way better in Dwan’s Silver Lode a few years later.

Gorgeous, delicious, real Italian pizza you uncultured swine.

ebert was a slack jawed faggot (literally) and I'm glad he croated. he ruined criticism forever.

pizza made by real pizzalians

BASED. FUCK EBERT.

Attached: 1397091458143.gif (320x240, 1.47M)

>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE!!!

What's the best western?

Django Unchained

>concept
High Noon is an amazing movie, I doubt some unkown movie can beat one of the best scenes in history.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MooNISe8aM

>Deny Holocaust
>Get put in jail
>Free
Ok goy

a motel chain but that's not important right now

kek

Some audience members see film as art, to be discussed and admired.
Others see it as mindless space-filler to occupy time when they're not ready to sleep but don't want to 'do' anything.

That’s, uh, mildly impressive montage? Not really sure what makes that one of the greatest scenes in cinema but okay.

THE MAN WHO SHOT
LIBERTY VALANCE
HE SHOT
LIBERTY VALANCE
HE WAS THE BRAVEST OF THEM ALLLLLL

>that young LVC at 1:36
wewwwwww

Is it normal to have this as one of your favorite movies but absolutely hate Once Upon A Time In America?

Shitter.

They don't. Pretty much every thread made on this board has some other faggy reason being made than simply just being about movies. This one is for yuro/murrca "banter" in a vain attempt to recreate old Yea Forums.