30 years of technological advancement

>30 years of technological advancement

Attached: 30 years of special effects.jpg (1900x2116, 714K)

>2017
>Not even worth 3/5 of a man anymore
Pretty based if you ask me

Nice PS3 game on the bottom.

Kind of insane how much worse special effects have gotten through the years.

Despite the 2017 design being dogshit, I think the Robocop shot just looks better due to the composition. It's a close up on his face, where the 2017 shot is distracted by the background

Oh believe me, it gets worse

Attached: 1577577715713.jpg (1600x990, 142K)

every shot of Robo was great
Bottin was actually worried about how they'd film it, he always insisted on low level dark lighting and this led to some clashes with Verhoeven
But Joss Vocano pulled it off

I could live whit shitty CGI but usually when there is movements for two different direction it looks bad. Something about frame rates goes wonky. And way too often you see clearly that there isnt object that actor is interacting whit. Like if there is big CGI monster, you see that actor dosent have anything to work whit. They just wail what ever.

Except in police car shot you can see camera man!

for a quarter of the films budget they could have just animated it in the style of 1980s/early 1990s OVA

Aboit ten years ago studios learned that mass audiences dont care about cgi looking real (and by extension, practical effects) they just want it to look fancy. This had the double advantage of allowing per-effect costs to drop and opened the doors to largely cgi films which saves time on production by moving a bulk of work to post.

If you want good effects watch better films

Nobody will watch that. Espesialy china. They like their cgi nightmares. So that's why we are here.

Is-is that the cameraman! NOOOO! I'M GOING INSAAAANNNNEEE!

the lighting on cyborg was off in literally every scene

no wonder the actor was glad his scenes were cut, Snyder is a dumbass

Attached: 1509959708890.png (543x566, 191K)

why would you watch bloated cgi but not equally refined hand drawn animation?

>there are fires all around you
>the light reflecting off of the metallic surface is blue
I think the orange and teal color correction is actually the product of a cult

>the bullet that killed him is still in his head
I like those little details.

Cutelita

its not a bullet they probably filled in the hole with a metal cap

>abloo bloo

CGI has been shiet since 93

Normies are fucking retarded and think "2D animation = cartoon for kids", they slop up shitty CGI because it's more "realistic", therefore, more "mature"

>2D animation = cartoon for kids", they slop up shitty CGI because it's more "realistic", therefore, more "mature"
Meanwhile, in the real world, it's literally the opposite

Even chappie is Copley in a body suit doing the acting with minimal CGI over it
Is this purely money laundering?

RoboCop 1987 was fucking kino. I just wish Weller had gotten a better career off the back of it.

still better than this.

Attached: main-qimg-7f89719c323449830cdb6dece4e377ff.png (595x383, 414K)

it's all shit son

it's all capeshit
no better, no worse
just capeshit

Attached: iron_frown.png (514x592, 365K)

calm down kid, all those movies are just pixels in your screen, nothing more nothing less.