The Expanse

Is it worth it, bros?

Attached: MV5BNGJlNzU1OTEtZDRmNy00YTM3LTgxNDgtMWEwNTg2OGI1YzYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (675x1000, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNg5BBenkPo
youtube.com/watch?v=wqKmRCCPb7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watch Farscape instead

Also, I'm asking about the whole series, not just pic related a.k.a season 4

yes, s1 is a bit slow imo but after s2 it picks up really fast. 3 and 4 are great. Do watch it.

Attached: 1580494291060.png (797x865, 993K)

yeah definitely do that. the expanse s1 and half of s2 are pretty good, gets worse after that

bump

Yes

Attached: 58845678876.jpg (842x1188, 92K)

Taylor Lautner is relentlessly handsome.

oh hoh hey, hey there hoss!

Attached: 55070016.png (880x583, 889K)

Yes.

Attached: 1578528419437.jpg (1500x841, 134K)

>mutts in space

You're so lucky to get to experience it for the first time again

season 1+4 is boring, 2+3 are amazing.

i don´t even remember half the shit anymore and i watched both first seasons.
then again im an alcoholic and i tend to forget things! So who knows ?! But i remember still everything , almost everything about Breaking Bad , Supernatural , Xfiles and so on.

I want to become a space pirate and have a Drummer wife

>shitting on the detective story in S1
Hey everyone! Look at this filthy inner!

1S - just good on first watch, great on second watch
2S - great on both first and second watches
3S - great on both first and second watches
4S - boring, but i think they did good job given the source material

I don't know bros it doesn't look too good. Judging solely on trailers the acting and dialogue are mediocre/bad. I would never watch it

But in my new job all my boomer colleagues are saying it's the only space sci-fi kino airing right now and they're space sci-fi nerds.

Not that I need to watch it to relate with them, we talk about bunch of stuff - but watching it will lead to space sci-fi discussions.

Attached: 1556744696687.png (583x482, 119K)

I think season 4 is my favorite because Drummer and Ashford were great and Holden isn't as annoying as he used to be in the first 3 seasons.

>2S - great
why would you lie like this?

season 1-3 it's only going up in quality with 1 being slow, the show is amazing though, a must watch. Then with season 4 it goes down to worse than season 1 again.

Watched 1st season. Liked it.
Didn't come back for the 2nd one, tho.
Tired of unlikeable, grey semi-realistic morally-ambiguous drama in space.

bmp

There he is my hero.

Attached: Amos best friend in the whole world.webm (502x510, 61K)

Billions dead because of this grease monkey and his mutt son not to mention killing off the most based character of the show

amos died?

This scene made no sense to me just prior. Why wouldn’t her shoot him anyways. Instead he puts his gun down and gets spaced? He coulda killed this guy and died doing it. Pussy show.

No but he is second best character.

Attached: Amos violence.jpg (750x895, 73K)

My thought exactly though maybe his words rang true that killing him would make no difference now i don't know.

Attached: Ashford.gif (640x360, 2.89M)

miller?

Well there is only Miller and Alex left that would be considered best

Attached: The Expanse.jpg (1911x1185, 283K)

Dawes?

BELTAWADA!

kys froggy

die

This is one of the most hilarious scenes I've seen on TV in all my life.

I need to get hold of all the belter version songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=gNg5BBenkPo

Attached: 1527284846218.png (800x600, 369K)

/thred.

Attached: ytdytdft6ud.png (993x1563, 1.21M)

It's definitely one of the better thought out scifi shows going on today. The novels are also worth reading.

based

To the execution dock i have come, Tili go, to the execution block, for to sail, I was sick and nigh to death but I vow with my every breath, For go with wisdom ways when I sail.

Attached: Ashford.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

>i smoke 3 packs a day and most likely have throat cancer, how do you know?
is worth it, but some characters are a pain in the ass, also the 4 season is just a bait for the 5 season.

Attached: 521613.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Based Harvey shilling Farscape

Attached: margaritashooters.png (500x375, 228K)

just started season 4 and so far I'm not loving it

Her decision cost the lives of 15 billion people
Not so happy now are you waifufag?

Attached: Drummer.jpg (566x633, 35K)

It gets a bit weird after book 6, I hope the show improves on it

We all agree on the elimination of the belter menace, it's just a matter of which belters get the rope, which get to work in the slave camps, and which are repurposed as breeding stock, or sold on the open market as personal sex slaves. Drummer definitely gets her brutal rape broadcast live to the entire system before being forcefully turned via bomb collar into an unwilling sex concubine for the aristocracy.

Fuck the Earth, and Belter niggers. Mars (and any future interstellar colony) the best. THE BEST.

Mars is dead, bury it

I tried but the acting was cringe. Supposedly the acting and budget improve in later seasons but the beginning was barely above a syfy show for me and I couldn't make it through

holy BASED

Mars just loose their hopes for a green Nars, but because they can go to habitables planets. And that is not wrong. In said planets, they can make civilizations on their own, without Earth or Belters. Meanwhile, Earth have been dead since long, and Belter are subhuman trash, incapable of civilization.

It is a syfy show, Amazon only made season 4

>Mars controlling anything now
Mars is in the past and a barren world.

We gotta talk about that ride; next clue to the case.

Attached: 1553152216854.jpg (1154x1500, 95K)

>Expected to see fun and interesting sci-fi adventure.

>It turned out to be everyone sucking Protagonist dick for 4 seasons story and tedious love story wrapped into sci-fi cover.

6/10 tv series.

Anyone tried the expanse roleplaying game or board game?

cringe and outdated

I really like how ominous they made The Investigator seem compared to the "real" Miller, without making it obvious that things were off

cringe—it has some of the best characters development in any scifi series ever. The only ones who suck Chriton's dick are the ones that legitimately want to suck his dick.

Despite its flaws it is the best sci-fi show to be made in a long time that doesn't rely on modern gimmicks based on current society.

Attached: lxslutgerms.jpg (480x360, 17K)

kill yourselves plz

>Expected to see fun and interesting sci-fi adventure.
AIDS
>turned out to be everyone sucking Protagonist dick for 4 seasons story and tedious love story wrapped into sci-fi cover
Fair. The romance is forced (more convenience than anything). Q-surrogate gone interdimensional was the most compelling part of the series to date. Samoan Amazon butch is insufferable. Inconsistent dialogue quality without the directorial nous to work around it (editing)/extort decent delivery of it (direction, actor management). Flawed, but a front runner after Black Mirror's vanilla descent following the Netflix merge.

Acting is mediocre with the exception of a few characters but world building is amazing.

Name one thing he did wrong.

Oh, wait, nevermind. He did EVERYTHING wrong.

Attached: 1567195460342.jpg (600x386, 17K)

he's talking about Farscape

>that Guy Ritchie episode
>that Looney Toons episode
>"something is making everyone go crazy" episodes
>"there's a parasite on Moya" episodes
but Scorpius and Crais and Rygel and all the cool characters and the plots that are actually good are worth it. Also I didn't think the love story was tedious, I thought it was well executed and didn't take up too much time.

I can understand his rage.

Attached: 1551657958727.jpg (620x413, 23K)

I don't understand the writer's tendency to force Holden and Naomi to be right every time. Not only the judged the situation hastily, but at the end let the terrorist woman walk free even when herself she knew she was wrong. But apparently that was all justified because Murtry was a greedy cunt all along.

At least the music has been consistently good.
His arguments started to fall through halfway into the season when it just became "muh bonus situation" he was right about it being the wild west and how men like him made way for peaceful eras which Holden comes from.

>arrive peacefully on planet
>get shot out of the sky having a big part of your team murdered
>somehow he was in the wrong when he hunted those who were responsible

he was clearly in the right and only portrayed as a bad guy because of shitty writing.

Think Naomi pushed hard that she wouldn't get the chance to redeem herself like Naomi had.
Don't worry she'll probably forgive her son for killing off billions of people and trying to start a new life like he's allowed any form of redemption just because muh dad manipulated him

It's awesome and keeps getting better every season.
I think Mars declined too quickly though. All those dedicated people willing to give everything for their planet just lost interest? It'd be understandable if it happened over a generation or two but a couple years after the rings and senior MCRN staff are selling weapons to the belters? Nah.

>only portrayed as a bad guy because of shitty writing
Nah he just got that kind of face.

>only portrayed as a bad guy because of shitty writing.
He was a cunt though, withholding supplies from innocent belters. The terrorist bitch should have stood trial for what she did though.

To me it feels like they developed Aeryn Sun character too fast in both personality and relationships with John.

First season wasnt over and she became good girl now and they are pretty much into each other already.

Aeryn story and love story were major parts of the show and season one included both build up (will they/ wont they) and basically culmination (they sure will).

So in the next three seasons we had that culmination going and going and going on, with lame attempts to spice it up.

They'd better end S1 with Aeryn becoming less cold bitch, and spend S2 and S3 with her becoming good and great, with S4 being culmination of both her character and their relationships with John.

>They'd better end S1 with Aeryn becoming less cold bitch, and spend S2 and S3 with her becoming good and great, with S4 being culmination of both her character and their relationships with John.
ok, but they don't know when they start how many seasons the show is going to run. They have to write it as if at the end of each season they could get canceled. And then they got cocky in season 4.

S4 was shit - they should´ve brought back the qt preacher from S3.

>they should´ve brought back the worst character in the show

imagine being such a thirsty neet that you want them to bring back the worst character in the entire show.

I hated her in lost and i hated her in season 3, hopefully she breaks both legs and never acts ever again (not like her tilting her head up looking confused can ever be called acting)

>ITT: plebs who didn´t watch Revolution
She´s a superb actress and MILF to boot.

I don't care, the character was shit.

Is she any better in the books?

>a superb actress
I disagree
>and MILF to boot
You have no power here coomer.

>t. edgelord devout atheist

>christian preacher lesbian
Nigger

I miss him every day bros

Attached: Klaes-Ashford.jpg (250x280, 21K)

He didn't kill enough b*lters

Attached: S02E09-ByronMann_as_AdmiralAugustoNguyen_00.png (1920x1088, 1.79M)

grow up, its on the same level as firefly

>Naomi
>right every time
the fuck did you even watch the show? her and holden split up because she sent the protomeme to fred johnson and everyone in the crew was fucking pissed at her because she betrayed them

It was never stated she was wrong about doing that, was it? They welcome her back with open arms.

Best sci-fi show running right now (admittedly not hard of a feat) and will probably go down as one of the GOAT. I need to rewatch the show, it's fucking kino and has an amazing atmosphere.

i really dont know what you want the show to do to explain how pissed off the crew was at her. do you need a narrator to literally tell you that everyone hated her for doing that? they make it perfectly clear, amos even says he was wrong about her and she wasn't the person he thought she was...
they never really forgive her for it, she just saves their ass and they move on

Drummer and Amos unfortunately dont get enough screen time to make up for the mutt belters and retard women.

>It was never stated she was wrong about doing that, was it
Wasn't the protomolecule stolen by Anderson Dawes from the ever incompetent Fred Johnson? He got 30 nuclear missiles that he probably misplaced somewhere as well.

dawes kidnapped cortazar, the creepy psychopath scientist

>son looks like he's twenty something
How old is Naomi?

filip i suspposed to be like 15 or 16 if i remember right

of coas belta

>it's a hippy blonde chick episode

Attached: 1581998196168.gif (779x900, 775K)

True suffering.

>SASA KE!
whats your plan?
>hehehhehehehe we gonna NUKE dem earthas with a giont rock
ermmmmmmmm okay......... how is that gonna help with anything?
>NUKE EM!!!!! BELTALOWDAS YAAA!!!

Attached: 1555747835102.jpg (178x188, 12K)

>it's a belter dindu nuffin episode

>sasa ke means 'is that okay'
I'm so dumb

Macro is a full blown retard blessed with charisma he turns every loss in the coming war into someone else's fault or a "win" until they get completely wiped out

Tell me anons, how is it that Belters represent only 13% of the system's population but commit half of all space crime? HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM.

Attached: download.jpg (299x168, 5K)

I'm at S01E09 right now... is it get better?
don't get me wrong, the show is kind of good, but not really great or make me really looking forward to watch it

After Eros it gets kinda lame

I rewatched it recently and it picks up a bit into season 2 and season 3 is great, season 1 and 4 are the weaker ones (4 because it's based on filler book that just set things up for 5)
Worst case scenario keep it going in the background until you reach the good parts while you do something else on the other screen.

It picks up after Eros

Fuckin a. Best Belter.

FUCK BELTERS

a based character

Show owns. The space battles are extremely tense and unnerving.

Based hossposter

youtube.com/watch?v=wqKmRCCPb7s

Yes. It starts a bit slow though and if I'm honest I understood the detective arc only after the second watch. But it's good hard sci fi. The world they created is intriguing. Despite taking place in only our solar system, it feels larger than for example SW.

I hate him already. Genocide all belters!

I can understand why you wouldn't like S4 that much, but honestly the quality is still higher than S1, even if you prefer S1. Except the bobby storyline. That is terrible.

Yeah it does. I was barely hanging on the first season or two (I think mainly S1) and I love 'hard' sci fi. Now It's a "I can't wait for the next ep" show, itll get there probably.

Yeah there wasn't much transition there, it just happened instantly lol.

Good thing I've always been a Chad earther, not a disgraceful subhuman martian or worse, by god a b*lter without a homeworld

>Except the bobby storyline. That is terrible.
I was kinda in the same boat at the start of the season, but it really grew on me as she warmed up to the other criminals and as the connection between them and Marco's plot became clearer. And the climax is pretty damn perfect.

>it just happened instantly lol
Think it's what happens when they compress the story into just a few months between fuck up missions, the books take place years apart.

they did my boy dirty

Attached: 1576380619059.jpg (1692x872, 130K)

I liked how his story went.
Even though it was infuriating how the belters are treated differently, literally criminal scum who gets away with murder, but it's exactly how it's like in real life.

You now realize the rescued Martians would never have revolted and tried to seize command of the Rocinante if Alex hadn't let Naomi talk him into letting her cook "red kibble" for the crew, and just made his lasagna instead.

Attached: Lasagna-740x352.jpg (740x352, 35K)

Why they ever listen to Naomi instead of based Texan cooking flyboy is beyond me.

>innocent
>belters

cool thanks guys

>latino
he was just a mutt living in Mexifornia
everyone there knows how to speak spanish

I don't think he wanted to kill him in front of the black girl's kid because it would have turned him into a irreparable zealot or some weak tv show shit?

Absolutely
Season 4 was a bit boring as much as I hate to sound like a brainlet. Bookfags say where they are in the series is a bit boring though and it should be getting better soon

I liked season 4 but it did have a bit of a "sidequest" feel, I guess. I still enjoyed it.
Critisicisms: Avasaralas husband is a terrible actor. Fire him immediately.
Bobby's storyline was pretty bad. Not her fault.

bobbys story this season was just a setup for what happens to mars later on

Was Bobby’s storyline in the books at all? I didn’t hate it as I liked finally seeing Mars and their society and I liked the crooked cop (father Intintola).
As for Avasarala’s husband, I was surprised by the recast and didn’t particularly like the new guy

I figure but I still found it pretty tedious and lame
It even changes aspect ratio for her storyline, it was weird, literally took me out of the show and made me feel like I was watching something else.

>Avasaralas husband is a terrible actor. Fire him immediately
Don't worry he won't show up any more anyway, there's a reason they showed the hamfisted scene where he doesn't go with her to Luna, not that he has any ulterior motive just that they needed to shove in that their last meeting was not a happy one.

Earth must come first!

Attached: The Expanse Agatha King.jpg (704x1000, 191K)

Based

>frogposter thinks he's too good for The Expanse
I'm actually forbidding you from watching it now

Blessed image

This guy was so fucking based.

Love how he just executed that uppity nig

Miller, Amos and Drummer are based but not enough reason to watch 4 seasons of Holden being a fucking retard.

The Bobbi part is 100% absent from the books cause she just kinda fucks off back to the military for a bit before getting back with Ava.

So they had to come up with some random story line about her falling in with a group of no-good-thug-types which ultimately amounted out to jack shit, led no where, had no payoff, and didn't change Bobbi's character in any meaningful way.

The absolute peak definition of Filler.

You think he's bad in the show he's fucking unbearable in the books.

The Expanse would be way better if they had Bear McCreary as a composer.

>set gets sold to CBS and became the bridge of the Section 31 ship in STD

Attached: 1571373475987.jpg (769x945, 102K)

>all these brainlets in the thread saying that season 4 was "boring", not realizing that it's a setup season for the next 3-5 seasons.
Admit it. You only thought it was boring because there wasn't a bunch of CGI space battles. It was too busy exploring the ramifications of humanity being given the cosmos to worry about infighting. Was too busy exploring just what-the-fuck happens on Mars after their terra-forming project is set back hundreds of years thanks to the recent skirmishes - especially now that humanity has (essentially) warp gates to thousands of solar systems that house habitable planets. It was too busy exploring WHO is going to be in charge of these random human outposts. Is it the OPA? The Earthers? Martians? Some new group? Who has the 'rights' to the lands, and why shouldn't it be first come first serve.

And most importantly. It sets up the Laconians. The rest of the series is going to be firing on all cylinders, and they needed to have a "slow" season (book, really) that seperates the two major conflicts in the series. The first half of the series is about the alien technology and how it was setting up to destroy humanity. The latter half of the series is about the ramifications of humanity branching out past their own solar system (thanks to said alien technology from the first half).

>not watching people be retarded for entertainment
sad!

>amounted out to jack shit, led no where, had no payoff,
except an entire dome getting destroyed, which will have to be addressed somehow

Not directly, just another in a long line of set-backs that have the Martians rethinking their terra-forming project. It's incidental in the long run.