17 years and this battle has not been surpassed in film. Why?

17 years and this battle has not been surpassed in film. Why?

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 7K)

maybe post a bigger image next time you start a thread so we have an idea wtf you're referring to.

Whats this? Also it's only been a few months since the battle of the bastards?

the real question is if Pelennor or pic related is superior

Attached: coetttbs_023.jpg (600x345, 58K)

Based retard

The Nazgul air raid puts it way over the top, don’t forget Grond.

>few months
>Jun 19, 2016

Attached: baby tio.jpg (855x533, 188K)

and Theoden's speech. Though he has a good one at helm's deep too

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

It’s an excellent elevation, from one to the other.

Remember how D&D compared The Battle of Winterfell to Helm's Deep? Good times.

I've been watching LOTR synced with the Beatles. Someone found out that the run time of the trilogy matches up exactly to the run time of the entire Beatles collection, So someone made a fan edit of it. It's fun to watch

Whats with all the Lotr threads lately?

Yea Forums firmly refuses to exit the 00s.

a couple weeks back I started a Dragon Age: Origins playthrough, and today I came across a random encounter of Greater Shades around two dead bodies. One of the bodies had a note on it that said "why didn't we just take the eagles?" kek

>lately
nigger

even it that was true holy fuck that would be awful

It really is. Theoden probably has the best arc in the whole series, except maybe Boromir

Lol where can I find it?

It's kind of like Dark Side of Oz only longer and more epic. Not all of it syncs up well but there are definitely some "woah" moments

don't tell anyone but I stumbled across it on reddit

i can post the link if you want it. it's on vimeo, if it's down you'll have to DM op for it

see

its detecting the link as spam, but just search on reddit "Lord of the rings set to every beatles song ever made"

I’ll look it up

alright, i'll bite.
tell me what scenes 'sync' up with:
revolution
here comes the sun
a day in the life

>lately

It's being discussed for years because it's one of the last beacons of true Kino made by people who actually adore the source material.

I haven't watched it all yet but the song Money (that's what I want) lined up with the scene where the Nazgûl have Frodo cornered and it was intense. Also the part where Frodo is crying while looking at the ring happens during Yesterday and it transitioned perfectly into the next song. There's lots of other weird moments

>hes a shit movie fag and doesnt know theoden was shit on in the movies in favor of making aragorn look even better.
In the books he was way braver and was the one making the good decisions.

That sounds hilarious. Did Yellow Submarine come on during the Battle of Helm’s Deep?

A day in the life was a good part but I don't remember the scene playing, also Tomorrow Never Knows was cool, haven't got to revolution or here comes the sun yet

Good. Otherwise people would think that dogshit "Battle" in Endgame was great

I have read the books though I was a teenager so I dont remember that well, but I wouldn't say Theoden is ever made to look cowardly in the movies. The emotion in question is despair not fear, he thinks everything is fucked, and that's what makes that moment when he says "and rohan shall answer' so good, he was always hesitant, angry at Gondo, and fretting about stuff before then. From that moment on he doesnt have the despair anymore, he has accepted that they all might die but he sees some meaning in dying for the cause of helping their allies anyway, or fighting to the death. The whole progression makes his speech in Pelennor Fields maybe the most intense moment in all the movies.

God, people are stupid. They couldn't take the eagles for the same reason gandalf couldn't take the ring. The ring would corrupt the eagles, and then you'd have a bunch of eagles running about doing what dragons do. The hobbits were ideal because of how weak they are, getting the ring isn't going to make them that powerful, they'd just end up like golem.

>lately
Fuck off 2bh

yeah the download battle was epic

If here comes the sun isn't playing when Gandalf and Eomer appear at Helm's Deep something is wrong with the universe.

helm's deep by far