Twilight zone thread

twilight zone thread

Attached: twilight_zone_banner_0.jpg (1200x680, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uCucp9lmYIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my fav episode btw

Attached: CBS_TWILIGHT_ZONE_041_IMAGE_CIAN_1280x720_1202655299966.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

My favorite episode is where the step father doesn't rape his wife's daughter's evil doll to death.

for me, it's Walking Distance

Attached: walking.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

best episodes/worst ones?

don't know if this makes them bad but Five Characters and Stopover in a Quiet Town both went completely over my head

"Yea Forums, you are obsolete!"

Big Tall Wish is one of the best episodes of any show, period

Where is Everybody is still the best episode

The Obsolete Man is one of the best dystopian media ever made.
Big Tall Wish somehow managed to be heartwarming with a sour ending
Five characters is a fascinating and well acted story even if the mystery is a bit obvious.
Shadow Play is haunting
Walking Distance is one of the best anything about growing older

Pretty much all of season 1-3 is going to be good in some way, with some very, very rare exceptions that are weaker.

Worst episodes are anything in the most recent remake, it’s not even remotely close

how shit is the remake?

>the most recent remake
forget the remake, user
it doesn't exist

Will Jordan ever be brave enough to make a modern take on “Death’s Head Revisited”?
But in this new reimagining it’s an embittered movie director haunted by the ghosts of those he got killed through negligence on his set?

And Then the Sky Was Opened except a man's tweets start disappearing, and then his followers, and then his profile, and then the people at the psych ward he ends up in haven't even heard of Twitter

does it end with him being overwhelmed with joy?

>And Then The Sky Was Opened
Was that the one where the astronauts come back and start disappearing? I think it had Rod Taylor from The Birds as the main guy.

Pure shit don’t watch it

A Nice Place to Visit
Deathshead Revisited
The Jeopardy Room
#12 Looks Just Like You

These are four of my favorites that come to mind, but there are so many I can't name them all at the moment.

og Twilight Zone>og Outer Limits
reboot TZ

Perchance to Dream is the best episode by a country mile and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Nothing in the Dark
#12 Looks Just Like You
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up

Just some favorites, but I have so many, I couldn't list them all.

I'm not sure the name but the one where the guy is attracted to his WW2 submarine or battleship wreckage and is getting called by ghosts from the dead.

Oh yeah that was a good one

I'm not sure why but that episode was severely unsettling to me.

>tfw no Aunt T gf to frost cakes and brush shoes with

Attached: Aunt T +3.png (1425x1080, 1.02M)

The Burgess Meredith episodes are my favorite

outer limits is better

I like the one where the criminal dies and goes to what he thinks is heaven and everything goes right for him but after months he goes crazy because there’s no risk or challenge in anything he just does whatever he wants. He begs his angel to send him to hell and the angel says something along the line of “send you there? You’re already in hell!”

>At least he died peacefully
You cheeky fuk

A Nice Place to Visit

Which TZ reboot, 80's 00's or10's?

He's in more than one? I only know the post holocaust librarian one.

For me, it's A Game of Pool

I wonder if I'd be fine with that. It doesn't seem that awful.

That episode was so sad

Yeah, he's in 4 episodes
>The Obsolete Man
>Mr. Dingle, the Strong
>Time Enough at Last
>Printer's Devil

what's the best season?
or should i just begin with the first and drop it if it's not my thing?

50s is amazing.
80s is fine to great.
00s is meh to bad.
10s is garbage.
Do you really need to ask?

>that cutie on the right
i think i might enjoy this after all

It's best to start from the beginning and watch them in order IMO

Best Disney ride

Attached: 93B84F69-9C9D-4BEF-97A4-3B935933A510.gif (400x211, 605K)

Nobody talks about the hour long episodes (because they mostly suck) but the The New Exhibit is a great episode. It's about the guy obsessed with his wax figures of serial killers and is one of the few hour eps that doesn't feel like filler

Forgot pic

Attached: new-exhibit5.jpg (1245x903, 182K)

As we're not talking shit about the 8o0's reboot. that was a damn fine series.

I really liked Miniature (the one with the dollhouse in the museum)

Start from the beginning because season 4 and 5 do start to show some cracks

>80s is fine to great.
That's not talking shit. That's nothing but good words said about it.

for me its Changing of the Guard

the one where a U-boat commander wakes up as a passenger on the ship he sunk?

I really remember Midnight Sun for some reason, mainly because of the main actress, absolute 10/10 and the theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=uCucp9lmYIQ

Attached: gettyimages-145710978-1024x1024.jpg (1021x1024, 370K)

I always liked the ballerina in Five Characters in Search of an Exit

Attached: 2ecd689cb449f8a59cb5bfc9793c9f3f.jpg (595x526, 33K)

That's my vote for the #1 most underrated TZ episode

What's the episode called where a bunch of ppl are at like a bus stop and one of them is an alien?

Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up

One of the few shows to consistently use Satan effectively on multiple occasions

Bump

My favorite episode is The Brain Center at Whipple's because how it's still relevant today, if not even more so.

Attached: twilight zone brain center.jpg (1181x887, 75K)

this episode gave me a real spook when I was younger, it had a really unpleasant sense of inevitability, vaguely like "It follows"

1. Walking Distance
>Gig Young is great; Bernard Herrmann's music is great. Genuinely poignant.

2. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge
>Slightly cheating since it's not an original TZ, but it's a must-see anyway.

3. The Eye of the Beholder
>Often ranked #1. A bit preachy for my taste but it's still beautifully made.

4. Kick the Can
>Lovely bittersweet ending.

5. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
>William Shatner. A janny peeping in through his plane window. What's not to like?

6. Hocus Pocus and Frisby
>The best silly one. (YMMV. I've seen this ranked among the very worst in some lists.)

7. King Nine Will Not Return
>Survivor guilt, nicely done. (Also the first one where RS appears in person, I think.)

8. The After Hours
>Great atmosphere, great twist.

9. The Hitch-Hiker
>A well-known idea but that's OK.

10. The Silence
>Fun story with some tight twists and turns.

The Hunt.

It was a nice story.

How has to serve man not been mentioned yet?

Attached: p1309270_e_v8_ac.jpg (960x1440, 140K)

It is good but it is remembered manly as a meme episode.

>Ctrl-f 'meek'
>No results
shame on you all.

Attached: Night of the Meek.jpg (900x594, 34K)

A lot of the famous twist episodes have become so engrained in pop culture that I don't really enjoy them as much - I blame the Simpsons.

>To Serve Man
>Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
>Time Enough at Last
Immediately spring to mind but there's probably more.

The one with the tiny astronaut scared me when I first saw it. Twist was good too.

>A Nice Place to Visit
Picture playing Pac-Man with no ghosts.
Forever.

I've not seen much of it, and what I have seen I saw ages ago, but I can still quite vividly recall "The Howling Man" and "A Stop at Willoughby". Good stuff.

It really is

The Rip Van Winkle Caper.

What would an actual GOOD modern twilight episode be like?

Without all that woke BLM shit

BLM? Black Lives Mirror?

I mean, black mirror is in the ball park but I guess that's what you mean by 'woke BLM shit'? Besides, black mirror episodes are too long.

The fact of the matter is that there's not much of an audience for a deliberately plotted 22-minute parable with a sci-fi/spooky angle in today's media-saturated ADHD global consumer marketplace™.

if it was the 1960s you'd be complaining about Serling

100% guarantee

Nah everyone was in agreement commies sucked

for me it's Nothing in the Dark

Post episodes wh*toids will never understand

Attached: 52F5FEA0-5889-40B9-B348-5445E4AE5154.jpg (780x520, 78K)

That one episode with the astronauts finding a civilization of little people is kino

Best episode coming through don't mind me.

Attached: the-hunt.jpg (793x599, 207K)

>watching any Twilight Zone show beyond the OG

Rebootfag die

The good life is typical when you say best episode but it deserves it
Still holds up incredibly well and more creepy then most modern horror

>Diversity commission agent gets the wool pulled off his eyes to realize he's just ensuring capable people can't get into positions to change things
>Aliens get stranded on earth can't see their features through suits, later revealed they are humans coming home after abandoning earth to the poverty class after leaving hundreds of years prior due to pollution, but turns out the problem fixed itself and people adapted and live in prosperity
>Following a politician as he goes about his duties only for him to learn big nosed martians pull the strings

best Christmas episode of any show

Never seen it and don't want to see it.

>my brother unironically thinks this show is good

>Psychic humans are popping, first in the womb, bringing into question the Right to Life; Women having psychotic breaks, believing they're hallucinating voices, insist on aborting. Riots follow after a vote to repeal Pro Choice ammendment is swung by the now minority natural birther vote (heterosexual, vs. in vitro & engineered). The rioters wear wire hanger pins and ties, enacting a Krystallnacht on random preggers bearing psychic offspring. They use a Geiger-counter like device to unroot them. French Revolution style Purge antics commence. Only psychic babies born blind or deaf are spared.

I always had a hard time with this one as a kid, but as an adult it’s 100% unfiltered, patrician, top tier kino

Midnight sun has a perfect twist also, considering the endings of nearly every Zone episode. It’s simple yet very effective and more memorable than most zone endings.
Also I love her. Definitely my twilight zone waifu

>worst ones?
The one with the tiny ufo invades some woman's cabin. What a boring episode.

Damn that is a good one, I like the blind or disabled deal.
Here's a blatant rip from Vonnegut but
>Follow an inventor/scientist eventually he notices a bump in his ear and ignores it but keeps it in mind. He notices as he gets breakthroughs or new ideas the bump gets irritated. Eventually gets it removed and can't make any new ideas, notices bump in other scientists ears and comes to the conclusion that the bumps are transmitting devices from aliens to uplift man. Crisis as he realizes he's just a dumb ape that had a higher intelligence whispering in his ear.

I still can't believe they replaced it with some Marvel ride in one of the parks. Still in mine thankfully.

Literally

A Stop at Willoughby is great.
Probably the best episode of the show.

The Trouble with Templeton is a good one