Generic Space Expedition Show Episode Ideas

post em

Attached: file.png (1245x700, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bastianofthestars.com/bootesvoid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A midway system between Sol and a new potential homeworld erupts into chaos when pirates capture a hyper-jump capable warship

Space Prostitutes at the space truck stop go missing

captain kirk notices immediately

Friends in Space
Set on ISS late stage. The station is old, patchy, dirty and underfunded. Crew now include poor countries from RSA and ESA. They have to do things like recording YouTube infotainment video to boost american public support for NASA programs.
There is an official but secret policy banning romance

Absolutely no alien organism allowed show-wise.

A team of elite explorers search throughout the galaxy to find a functioning civilization that is successfully run by females instead of males.

Spoiler: The crew eventually die of old age, still searching for that elusive matriarchal success story.

BIG NIGGAS KILL OTHER NIGGAS PEW PEW

diseased and dying primitive civilization is primitive because it chooses to be primitive and spacefaring main characters have to accept that

A show like swamploggers or Gold rush about astroid miners and their struggles with corporate, government and the daily operations of mining asteroids of fuel and valuable metals

oh good

that's what I always thought space needed more of, fucking poor people

>space is cool and all but it'd be better if there were begging somalians

nobody will watch it but it will receive 90+% on RottenTomatoes and get renewed several times

>it's a women ruining literally everything episode

Attached: MV5BNTM2MmMwYTctYTE5Yi00NmQyLWJjMGUtMjc2Yjg5NDY0MWIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAwNzg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg (750x955, 233K)

I've been working on this in my head for a while. Basically people increasingly realize that we aren't smart enough to design deep space travel engines do a programmer designs an AI to figure it out. All of our known knowledge is fed into the AI and its goal is to design a FTL travel engine. It eventually succeeds however the physical design of the engine is so complex and reality bending that special autistic children are the only ones capable of even looking at the engine without going completely insane. They are recruited by the Chinese government as engineers to build and maintain the engines. The engines are fueled by massive monoliths that orbit stars. A network of these monoliths is built around nearby solar systems...

sounds like a combination of a lot of things
Mass Effect being most prevalent among them

Attached: curvaceous lovecraftian space ass.png (1360x691, 723K)

The fuel produced by the monoliths requires the blood of creatures much like the ones in edge of tomorrow. If you're spotted by one, you're already dead

>If you're spotted by one, you're already dead
do they kill you or do they just "claim" you?

All my thoughts are probably unoriginal , not intentionally though

Just stop.

Attached: franchise killer.png (500x619, 70K)

The crew makes first contact with a primitive alien species. The aliens immediately demand gibs and insist on being transported back to Earth as migrants. The captain has to decide what to do.

it's alright mate; it's impossible to not be a little derivative, but don't let that stop you from trying to be creative

A planet where you can only zigzag. This will also be the planet where they don't view rape as a huge deal. A crewmember gets raped but no punishment is possible because it's not illegal on the planet, but the real issue is how to extract the rest of the crewmembers safely. Eventually, they'll realize the planet's inhabitants only zig zag so they can escape by walking normally.

>all those repeating squares
trekkie creativity is weak

I want moby dick in space. Captain Ahab embarks on a voyage to locate and kill the mythical white space whale.

A hyper realistic space faring humanity. No artificial gravity, no sound in space, no humanoid aliens, if any, ships are slow and clunky and are very vulnerable, and FTL travel exists but it is super limited and slow.

Basically Star Trek but set in the near future.

Attached: F702E96A-91B8-4D7E-8116-F1E1EB726A62.jpg (632x295, 44K)

>A hyper realistic space faring humanity
>Basically Star Trek

Attached: weary.jpg (225x225, 7K)

so the expanse

Not necessarily. Even that show is a bit too out there in terms of technology for me, plus it’s way too focused on combat and it’s centered around the solar system. Just interstellar exploration and the terror that comes from that is enough for me.

Yeah... trek but with less advanced more grounded tech.

Then it turns out that walking zigzag was the normal way to walk all along

Kind of a blade runner ripoff. Set in a society of insectoid aliens who have queen like ants do and have colonized nearby solar systems with sub light colony ships (a few light years away). The workers aren't mindless drones, they have enough independent thought and intelligence to solve problems and build an advanced society. They are still subservient to their queens, specifically the ones that birthed them. m The queens use a phenomenal telepathy to control the workers Some of them, however are unaffected by the queens pheromones and can disobey them. They are called deviants. Their are special soldiers that are tasked with hunting and killing deviants. A squad of special soldiers gets tasked with hunting a very dangerous deviant who flew in a cryo ship from a distant colony. This particular worker/soldier became a deviant because of PTSD from witnessing her colony being annihilated by genetically enhanced humans, who are really fucking advanced, they have ftl ships powered with black holes. The mental trauma from witnessing the sheer apocalyptic, eldritch destruction they unleashed fucked her brain up badly. She tried to warn the queens on the home world, but they decided to kill her to avoid panic and more deviants being made. The deviant wants to kill a queen and use her pheromone signals to transmit her memories to everyone so they can see what she saw.

why are you people just posting the synopses of your novels up here for other people to steal?

Attached: pep.jpg (410x357, 15K)

I think when I shoot my episode, I'd strategically place things so it takes a while to notice zig zagging is a thing.

They have a conference room meeting but the coffee pot is diagonal from the table so nothing seems amiss when the aliens get up for coffee. Then the creamer is in the fridge which is diagonal from the coffee pot AND the table so they basically go in a triangle but it doesn't seem like it's anything weird at first.

with realistic technology it would take like thousands of years to reach the nearest star
and the in-between would be just empty space

Have someone comment, "Does something seem off to you?"

I'm not sure if I could write a novel and it would be cool if someone who could would steal my idea and maybe I could nitpick and edit it.

Am I the only one who would actually appreciate explorating different planets and parallel worlds that are truly strange instead of just generic deserts and forests? Just a deeper emphasis on mysteries that can't easily be solved in a single episode so most of the questions go unanswered, and with a heavy emphasis on things like atmosphere and immersion.

Not everything is hostile but even things that are can have motivations beyond mere predation or reproduction. I would love for a crew to encounter aliens whose ideas and incentives and ways of perceiving the world around them are so different from our own that they literally have no direct human analogue. I'd want most of what humanity comes across to be the ruins of long-dead civilizations or colonies of species that went extinct or left eons ago.

Show us places that actually stretch the imagination and make us feel like we're on the other side of the universe.

Attached: stellaris-alien-world-sci-fi-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

Make it as realistic as possible
The characters spend 90% of the episode drilling ice and finding nothing but occasionally freak out over algae

Basically it would be Herzog's Antarctica documentary, Encounters at the End of the World, but at a space station/colony

Comfy slice of life with the technicians and scientists

TAKE US TO THE UNDERVERSE

Attached: Zhylaw.jpg (375x500, 60K)

yeah I've read this book it's HP lovecraft and he's not very imaginative either

he just kept calling things

you knwo what it doesn't matter

>mankind finally has spacecraft that allows them to do long range explorations in our sol system
>all of these are made and owned by several corporations vying for dominance and being the first to go ever deeper into uncharted space
>these corporations sell their research and findings to governments on earth who are locked in a new technological cold war
>one of these ships on the fringes of our sol system picks up a distress beacon from a rival corp vessel, but the signal is coming from deep into uncharted space
>they decide to check on them anyway, intending to steal/extort the tech and intel they've gained
>when they get there they can't find any live crew members and have to piece together what happened
>think a blend of elements from the thing, the terror, and a lesser extent alien

>earth signs a treaty with planet x
>they agree to send over cars so the aliens can drive around
>but the stipulation is that all hoods will be sealed permanently and they send human drivers to operate the vehicles
>any maintenance is done on earth
>they can use the cars but earth doesn't want them to know how to build them
>anyway the episode is about taxi drivers on a foreign planet

highlights humanity in about 30-50 years with tons of different governments and private corporations slowly taming space
some tech would include
>hundreds of space stations orbiting earth, moon, mars and maybe on or two of Jupiter/Saturns moons
>dozens of moon bases, some private, some government
>a few mars bases
>The international space elevator being under construction (about half way through)
>tons of varying tech from reusable rockets to space built space craft, solar sail craft, etc
>show would focus around the establishment of a mega city on mars and beginning the massive undertaking of actually colonizing mars (end of season 1 would include the establishment of a stable magnetosphere on mars)

I wanna throw the fuck up.

Attached: 1582834460580.png (1166x668, 1.08M)

Some young guy makes an FTL engine and it makes Elon Musk really mad he didn't figure it out first.

Will the deviant give a tears in the rain kind of speech to the assassin?

>turn out the underverse exist for real
bastianofthestars.com/bootesvoid/

Attached: unnamed34.jpg (512x360, 104K)

if the ships are vulnerable then they are not space faring capable due to murphy's law

The deviant tried to warn the queen by sending her a device with a pheromone pod that would show her her memories of the invasion. It would be like the animatrix second renaissance, but a thousand times worse. It gave her a panic attack and she spent a few days in isolation in shock.

took me a while to realize this was a joke about reality

They go to a planet and there are ruins of an ancient civilization there but no clue about what wiped them out. As the episode progresses they discover the planet was actually earth and they traveled forwards in time

Take Niven's known space
now make it a tv series

sounds really good user, i'd watch it

live action adaptation of Asura's Wrath

Attached: ERUOhU2VAAAoPRC.jpg (693x900, 128K)

>Planet of the Apes without apes

So basically a drama show about construction workers but with different CG backdrops.

Giant spiders.
Captain forgot to turn oxygen back on.
Team has to outfit their ship for important mission, find the only store in many light years range, it's full of complete trash, team argues what to do for entire episode.

Attached: puxwq77nhah01.jpg (458x303, 19K)

oh my god
i was wrong
it was earth
all along

Diverse crew of a battleship patrol the fringes of knows space.
Encounters a fascist civilization.
Orders come to nuke the planet from orbit.
Black crippled trans hermaphrodite disobeys orders!
XE lands with ship crew and genocide everyone with kitchen tools.

NETFLIX/AMAZON BUCKS HERE I COME!

>Aliens without a concept of time get annoyed with earth's scheduling system
>earth insists on appointments and dates and the aliens can't figure out this nonsense
>eventually the aliens realize that time is controlled by calendars and ask humans how they would know what day it is if they destroyed all the calendars
>well we could just figure it out again from watching the sun
>aliens set their sights on blocking out the sun because earth is really really annoying about "dates"
>

If you can achieve FTL travel then you probably can also achieve artiticial gravity

Kino, why did you post it here so that I could steal it?

>human bones are found near a mining colony on one of Saturn's moons.
>Coroners are sent from the nearest station, assuming it to be a murder/covered up accident
> arrive expecting to corroborate the cause of death concluded by a medical droid and leave
>no personnel are reported as missing in any medical or admin logs, could be one of the undocumented workers

> discover the remains are tens of millions of years old

a group of guys never specifically identified as Yea Forums autists (but you just know) are expelled from earth and have no choice but to colonize an empty planet. in time they establish a primitive but functional homosexual society then they all die

Not necessarily. Not to mention gravity is really just a comfort thing unless you plan to actually live in space long term. If we had to choose I imagine we'd say something like "fuck gravity, strap in those chairs and prepare for FTL".

>It's just called "The Planet" and in other countries it will be given a stupid subtitle like "The Planet: Resurgeance"

Reminds me of Hitchiker.

Fund it.

If you can create an alcubierre drive, you have access to negative mass as a material meaning you'd likely be to generate something akin to gravitational pull. Same with eezo in Mass Effect universe.
If you can pierce through our dimension to go to hyperspace/warpspeed/whatever, you probably have access to reality shattering particles so same applies as above.
If you're going the sci fi route of FTL travel, excluding gravity just adds needless complications for the economy of the story imho.

DAEEEEEEEMONS

A movie with 2 spaceships launching missiles at each other. It starts off with the launch and then over the next 3 hours you get to see the crew do absolutely nothing but bracing for impact. It ends with one of the ships being destroyed but you dont know which.

Let's be honest for one second. No rich person is gonna involved with fixing the pipes and engines and scrubbing the solar panels or swapping out the fuel cells or emptying out the filters.

You might think thats what robots are for, but based on projections of human populations, people are going to be much cheaper and replaceable, and most importantly, more desperate than any machine.

Fuck you, Alex Kurtzman.
Read sci-fi books, retard.

>Thousands of years after humanity colinizes the stars.
>No aliens but humans from different planets are taking different evolutionary paths due to different enviroments and societal structures and see eachother as completely alien.

You mean like naval workers? Mechanics on cruise ships, cargo vessels, and oil rigs make pretty good money. Even the janitors and cooks make more than their land-based equivalents.

Any job that locks you in a metal box for weeks or months is going to pay well simply because a lot of people won't want to do it. Especially if the metal box is going somewhere dangerous.

Sounds like cowboy bebop

>Make it as realistic as possible
So it's about a guy at a desk on Earth who checks up on his automated mining drones every few weeks

Paul Blart: Space Cop
>Paul gets abducted by grey aliens
>Greys are space entrepreneurs, and they need Paul to guard their intergalactic space mall
>Entire movie is Paul getting into stupid mall cop situations with all sorts of weird aliens
>Eventually the evil alien empire shows up and Paul teams up with all the aliens to save the space mall

Attached: blart-e1429283583633.jpg (800x800, 107K)