youtube.com/watch?v=sOaJNuS0gKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Jpu5_3qk4KM
youtu.be/x1noBLSRZjY
youtube.com/watch?v=55aHvFD-I80
youtube.com/watch?v=WVQ1_UhGS-k
youtube.com/watch?v=RWYfzQSJfHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we need homie now more than ever

That was the only skit from in living colour without jim carrey that was actually funny.

This unironically

I find it absolutely hilarious that in a sketch show with all black people and one token white dude, the token white dude is the one that actually got a career.

Im not even supposed to BE HERE!

>waynes didnt get a career
???

>damon waynes
>keenan ivory waynes
>shawn waynes
>jamie foxx
>david alan greer
>jennifer lopez
>marlon waynes
>chris rock
yes, none of these people went on to have careers

My memory of this time period as a kid in elementary school was the black kids randomly hitting the white kids with their socks while saying "homey don't play that".

Who?

>in a sketch show with all black people and one token white dude, the token white dude is the only one I know because I don't pay attention to black people in general

Damon Wayans was unstoppable in the 90s. His standup specials were successful, he did some big movies and after a while he had a syndicated sitcom which means he never had to work again. Kinda similar to Kevin James' career only Kevin does do the occasional movie.

> has never seen Chillin'

How much have you watched of it?
Most of the first 3 seasons are full of funny skits.

youtu.be/o55kcz58KNk

Holy shit, I didn't realize how many people got started in this show. Jesus Christ

I read Tommy Davidson's book and he said Keenan Ivory Wayans and Jamie Foxx bullied him on the set of ILC. Not sure how true it all is.

Jim Carrey was always gonna have a career whether he was on the show or not because he has the IT factor. None of the Wayans have IT hence why they didn't make it as far. But they all still have solid careers all things considered.

i miss this homie like you wouldnt believe

This bit probably aged the best out of anything else from the show.

No shit
youtube.com/watch?v=sOaJNuS0gKQ

In Living Color had so many good sketches, you probably never even watched a single episode. The Handiman segment alone would never be able to be made today.

Attached: 0CSb.jpg (320x240, 57K)

anybody remember the episode where Homie pretended to sell out so he could get close to The Man and bop him?

That what everyone said about Carrey when he got to Hollywood. They put him in a bunch of stuff, Star vehicle sitcoms, and they all flopped because producers, and audiences, didn’t know what to make of him. ILC actually gave him room to do what he wanted and a structure to do it. early Fox was willing to take creative risks (ie Simpson’s). Carrey actually give them a lot of credit.

I read an interview with him and he did seem to have a bit of a victim complex. I thought it was just because he was black though. Was his book worth the read though? I do enjoy his standup.

You never saw the slavery skit? I liked Jim Carrey from ILC and his movies after, but I truly think Damon Wayans was the strongest cast member.

Damon Wayans standup was legit hilarious.
>AW MAN, SPAGHETTI AGAIN
>stomps upstairs to masturbate

Yeah his book was great and very well written, it gave me more insight into his background and he does seem to have a little bit of a victim complex because of his rough past, but it was an interesting read. He also talked about almost getting his ass beat by Will Smith because he kissed Jada in the movie Woo without doing rehearsals first.

>Men on Films/TV
>Handyman
>Head Detective
>Music Video parodies
>Wanda
>Hook on phonics/"Big Breasteses"

Did you really watched the show?

Wasn't he on drugs? Plus, I imagine him being a line stepper. He maybe had good points that Keenan treated his family better than everyone else, but that's his show.

Cool, I'll have to pick that up.
I'd be surprised if he didn't do at least a little coke. His standup is very high energy, reminds me of young Martin Lawrence.

>"Hey clown, can you guess my wife's weight?'
>"Sure. One dollar."
>"Okkeeeey, she's about...I'd sayyyy...one fat bitch."

Attached: one_fat_bitch.png (1075x797, 1.71M)

Which Bond was this again?

Attached: 1494472572370.jpg (445x447, 57K)

kek

Attached: sheh heh.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Oh yeah he had a serious drug problem. He even overdosed at one point. He talks about it in depth. And yeah he had an issue with Keenan favoring his family members (which of course anyone would give special treatment to their family so that didn't surprise me), but he said about the time Jamie Foxx came on is when he started getting treated especially poorly. Again I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate but that's Tommy's view on it.

Not Chez Whitey

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x347, 51K)

Why does Homey The Clown look like a black version of Pennywise?

Hey Mon! was the patrician's sketch

youtube.com/watch?v=Jpu5_3qk4KM

Was "good Lord that's a lotta money... How about I give you 2 nickles and you let me lick the salt off?" Come from ILC or Chris Rock?

Hope I don't jack off

A duckett youtu.be/x1noBLSRZjY

It's a cross between the Poseidon Adventure and Dirty Dancing. They basically predicted Titanic

>I be thinkin my life finna be a Tyler Perry movie, but now shit! Is'a episode of cops!

You forgot the Homeboy Shopping Network
youtube.com/watch?v=55aHvFD-I80

actually id say Jamie Foxx is probably a bigger star today. But yeah he'll still never Jim Carrey at the height of his popularity in the 90s

Marlons looked exactly the same for 30 years, pretty incredible really.

> He didn't like Men On

You have my pity, user.

am i the only one who thought Kelly Coffield (the other white cast member besides Jim) was underrated as fuck? I'm surprised she pretty much vanished into obscurity after In Living Color. Her Sam Kinison was great

Attached: MV5BMTM1MDE2ODA3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc3MTA0NQ@@._V1_.jpg (2048x1371, 1.08M)

Carrey had already done some movies before he was even on the show

She really didn't have any major roles in sketches but was a solid side actor

youtube.com/watch?v=WVQ1_UhGS-k
i coulda sworn she jumped from in living color to snl but now i realize that was a totally different chick that used to do the tori spelling snl skits in the 90s

funny how none of the woman on the show became big after but pretty much all the dudes did. Even Grier and Davidson were pretty popular for a while in the 90s. Griers still a big supporting guy, Davidson I guess in the only one whos kinda feel off the radar in the last decade

She ended up marrying the chinaman who was on the show for a season. i remember when him and jamie foxx were introduced as the new cast members in the season premiere of whatever season

Attached: 61htTwSzXPL._AC_SY550_.jpg (421x550, 38K)

fuck off retard
youtube.com/watch?v=RWYfzQSJfHE

Her female version of Andrew Dice Clay was also hilarious. She is very underrated.

Mo' Money!

She was great.

I'm pretty sure they had a banned parody of the Colt 45 ad that was classic.

Attached: Every time!.jpg (500x401, 55K)

Oh yeah I remember that. I think it only aired once and then never again. It was funny but I understand why they took it off.

I liked her sketches where she played a dame from an old film noir, she was in black and white but everything else was in color and modern. Also in other sketches she had a great gag where people were always mushing her in the face and saying "Get out my way, bitch."

Attached: 1572647765474.jpg (800x680, 113K)