Is there any live-action superhero adaptation that doesn't show contempt for its source material?

Is there any live-action superhero adaptation that doesn't show contempt for its source material?

Attached: FFBD9E6F-FBB2-4EFD-9910-2A72C3B7E02E.jpg (480x360, 14.03K)

spiderman 2

Hollywood in general looks down on the idea for some reason. I don't know why.

There's a lot of source material. This was faithful to some of it.

The unreleased Fantastic Four movie.

IT’S CLOBBERIN TIME

>implying The Batman has contempt for the source material
I swear people here are some of the most entitled babies. Grow he up sperg. Only people who don’t like The Batman are people with goldfish attention spans, and loud tards like you. Let me guess snowflake it was the white men line right?

Oh yea, then why didn't the Penguin eat a fish whole. Not once did I see him slide a mackerel down his gullet. I mean at the very least they could have hinted that he had a can of sardines in his pocket, but we didn't even get that.

66 Batman

Snyderverse.

Fucking this, I see you all jerk 66 Batman off while implying The Batman has contempt. 66 Batman was literally mad to just shit on Batman. It’s fun, but you all seem to ignore it’s intent.

66 Batman could solve Riddler's riddles.

Did you even watch The Batman? And 66 Batman is OG bat god wank.

Man of Steel

You just posted it. The Batman feels very much like a comic book.

Alfred and Bruce thinking URL is you are el is classic 66 overanalyzing

>implying

Most of the old ones

Batman 1989

>The Batman feels very much like a comic book.
Boring? Checks out.

Is this a joke?

Unironically Watchmen.

What do you mean by contempt? Not doing 1:1 isn't necessarily contempt

Attached: Tumblr_l_13226396156097.jpg (914x1275, 605.14K)

isn't that more devito penguin that backtracked into the comics

It was ONLY a Danny Devito thing. Comic Penguin isn't a mutant, nor is he a weirdo sewer man that eats raw fish

Not even the dude that posted that, but you fell for some hard bait.

Aquaman

Attached: Aquaman riding Storm, The Seahorse.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

The MCU.
Unlike DC, they care about their movies.

Raimi's Spider-man.
This. To an extent snyder's trilogy.
Everything else in some way or the other laughs at its own source material, like its embarrassed. To be "grounded" is to cop out.

>To an extent snyder's trilogy.
Thinking you're better than the source material is also another form of contempt

I wish Disney would buy out DC Comics already

Like Atlanteans having to speak in dolphin clicks?

what an atrocious opinion

I just wanna know why they make so many silly/ pointless changes to story, character or costumes.

This

>snyder's trilogy
had the most contempt out of ALL DC's movies.

Contempt for webshooters

>character dresses up in their signature outfit from the comics
>"Boy does this look stupid"

Doesn't always mean contempt. Like Aquaman, there are changes but it's not because they hate the source material or think they're above it. Adaptation often means condensation and sometimes you have to change stuff in that process.

nice try mouse shill

Do some batfags thinks you could mix and condense 80 years of batman material and have it realistically turn out cohesively?

Attached: 1252338483499.gif (196x207, 791.83K)

>I just wanna know why they make so many silly/ pointless changes to story, character or costumes.
Because despite the violence capeshit comics are still for children and the hollywood directors want to make it FOR ADULTS because they're insecure since, you know. Comics are for kids. It's not deeper than that.

Maybe

I had a few good examples, but I guess I'm having a brain fart cuz all I can think of the is the changes made to the recent MK movie.

Literally no one has more contempt than Snyder

Attached: snyder comics.jpg (768x443, 46.72K)

You could just actually make a good Batman story instead of whatever meandering piece of shit The Batman was. You also could not write a climax so fucking dumb it requires you to eliminate batarangs from the entire film.

It's important he falls because FLARES!

That movie was fucking horrible, jesus christ.

Superman

It was ok. Not as bad as Annihilation.

Spider-Man 2 completely changes Doc Ock's character to the point he's basically a different guy with robot arms, also Peter is a homewrecker and MJ a flip-flopping cunt but neither of these are portrayed as bad by the movie

In some ways, I felt like at times the movie suffered a bit BECAUSE the director was like "oh I totally love all the comics too." So you had all this information that you could've probably cut down on, as well as other things in the movie. It's like sequel and spinoff hooks that brought down the movie.

Kick-Ass

Attached: 6879E8D8-1AEF-4B17-805D-AF9816D1572C.jpg (220x326, 33.85K)

Sin City

Superman III and only Superman III.
It’s a fucking 80s Superman comic in real life.

Aquaman, Shazam, Raimi trilogy (for the most part)

Stop embarrassing us, Twitter freak.

Aquaman.

The movie in your pic is basically Long Halloween meets Hush

and a sparkle of arkham origins in the 3rd part

Here he is folks. He will make incels mad.

Attached: 518d708b6f72816aac6c5437cfa32eea (1).jpg (411x358, 16.32K)

the question wasn't
>Is there any live-action superhero adaptation that holds itself strictly to its source material?
it was
>Is there any live-action superhero adaptation that doesn't show contempt for its source material?
Raimi certainly have a specific vision for his spider-man movies that didn't sync up perfectly with the comics, but spider-man 2 never did that glance-at-the-screen-because-look-how-dumb-this-shit-is that's so common in modern cape flicks. It didn't hold contempt for the source material so much as it just wanted to create a different interpretation of it. Or at least, that's how I see it.

Attached: 1468610661203.gif (500x281, 959.41K)

Comic books deserve nothing but contempt, so it's fine.