I want to make a living as an author. Is pandering to an outrage mob the quickest, surest way to success?

I want to make a living as an author. Is pandering to an outrage mob the quickest, surest way to success?

Attached: bbbbb.png (628x626, 145K)

share your best panderings

I'm doing it right now.

First You have to know the right people and make the right friends.
Then they'll shit-test you for orthodoxy: all your opinions must be right too.
Finally You'll be able to write and You'll have the Cathedral's blessing to di so, for a while.
Inevitably will come a time when they'll shit-test You again because the fads of the time will have changed.
You will have to live your life surfing a terrible wave: a second of distraction will mean death.

what on earth is he on about

why not just marrying rich
you are extremely attractive, right?

This. Tbh just try to make a decent book.

But could I make a living as the opposition? Could I make a living being angry at people like Chuck Wendig being angry? Could I call him a stupid faggot and then tell people to buy my books?

the american cottage industry of "nerd" journalism (i.e. people who couldn't get a job writing proper critique so they ended up recapping LOST on the av club) is endlessly fascinating to me, like their entire lives revolve around the regurgitated franchises of their youth and just pop culture trash in general. they jump from digital publication to digital publication, the number of viable ventures getting smaller by the minute as websites get swallowed up or shut down by conglomerates. i wonder if they toss and turn in bed at night over the realization that they've spent their time on this earth on typing up star wars retrospectives that are wiped from existence the very second univision or conde nast announce another consolidation

Attached: nathan_rabin_4657.jpg (350x234, 19K)

I second this. If you write for only money, then go ahead, but you'll hate yourself and your life for it, OP.

> i wonder if they toss and turn in bed at night over the realization...
Absolutely. Do you think that anyone wanted this? The vast majority of them are people who wanted to do something valuable but for whatever reason couldn't cut it. Consequently, they've been reduced to commenting on pop culture garbage They're our kindred spirits.

I'm not writing for money. I just want to know the best way to get attention from my writing so I can make money.

I’m writing a novel right now and it sucks that I have to be constantly on edge to not accidentally break progressive orthodoxy otherwise I feel like I’ll never get published. One of the main protagonists in the novel is a self-centered manipulative cunt who makes a false rape accusation against a university student-RA so that she can take his job and room. Will this instantly get my book denied by publishers because of muh doubting rape victims? Assuming the rest is good of course.

no, you have to pay russians to inflate your follower count with bots and then you tweet about russian bots

based and devastating

imagine being this much of a faggot that you think about what the academy will think

you should write an essay about it and publish it in jacobite, i'd read that shit. you write well.

i've often wondered about the same thing but you seem to have the beginnings of a synoptic view of it. maybe with your critique we can finally crush The Buzzfeed Strain before it gets any worse

yeah, i mean, they don't even give oscars for books anyway.

I don’t care what they think I just want to get published and make money

the way they meekly mix in progressive opinions in an attempt to produce some sort of greater meaning or purpose in their work

The answer is of course, yes