What was his problem?

What was his problem?

Attached: around krauts never relax.jpg (599x398, 62K)

nothing, he was a plot device to kill to kill friend of protagonist.

he was a filthy kraut

This. Protagonist needs somebody to give him characterization. Then he needs to be on his own.

the film was so mediocre as fuck

Please tell me I wasn’t the only person in the theater who said to himself, “Why the fuck aren’t they taking his knife?” The fucking thing is almost a foot long and dangling off his waist. How in the world do you just turn your back on that?

it was pretty rad, you just suck

Attached: 1583091335488.jpg (474x525, 41K)

Go play a video game, zoomer

because he was dumb

the whole scene was dumb as fuck. just kill off the MC friend by getting shot in a fucking corpse infested ditch like thousand before (and after) him.

Character incompetence is not a plot hole, psueds.

to clarify, i meant the plane crash. not the stabbing itself.

>Bad writing isn’t a plot hole
Technically, you’re correct.

O yea. It seemed to just add some excitement since the movie thus far had been merely walking and talking.

The entire movie is "something ridiculously random happening that moves plot forward"

I was honestly expecting it to be a religious movie and the main character is blessed or something

>write that a character makes a simple mistake in a time of stress
>bad writing

Attached: 9071735A-68E6-4C21-A47D-2DBCE2C8B074.png (645x773, 20K)

its a shame honestly. i found the no mans land and trench scenes absolutely great and very intense but things like the plane crash, the company out of nowhere or the french civilian just unneccessary.

>You see a french women with a baby
>They look hungry
>>give milk you just randomly found in previous town
>"oh thank you good hero! your quest location is towards this location. just follow the trees!"
It was like a role playing game

i'm a civillian with zero combat experience and even i wouldn't have made that mistake

Anglo propaganda was his problem.

Jesus, I really have to break it down for you, don’t I?

Bad Writing:
X happens because X needs to happen to move the plot forward

Good Writing:
>X happens because specific characters made specific choices, and these choices are a direct result of who these people are.

So unless the writers just wanted to emphasize that the character was stupid (which hadn’t been addressed), then it was just an example of the former. Character doesn’t notice big knife because the writer needs him to die in this scene. It’s very transparent.

not the guy you're replying to but I too think youre a bit harsh on this. people make a lot of stupid mistakes in stressful situations. also combat training pretty much sucked back then. also i never thought of the character to be very bright to begin with.

I'm sure, tough guy

>X happens because specific characters made specific choices, and these choices are a direct result of who these people are
>character got stabbed because he chose to drag him out and treat him, totally oblivious to his weapon, because he wants to help people as is made clear by his enthusiasm to deliver the message in the long dialogue making up the majority of the film up to this point
Just admit you are biased against the movie, man. You’re embarrassing yourself.

>enthusiastic to help people
He literally just had a “why the fuck did you pick me” brat fit a few minutes prior. Calm down big guy.

That was the other character LOL.

The whole other character was the one hand-selected for the mission to save his brother. Watch the film lmao

1917 actually reminded me of LOTR a lot for some reason with two buddies trying to deliver something. Wonder if anyone else feels this way. For example Tolkien said he got his idea of Dead Marshes from seeing dead bodies floating inside craters at no-man's land like in the movie

Attached: lord-of-the-rings-dead-marshes.png (900x381, 481K)

And that’s the character that fucking died LMAO.
>guy gets selected to save his brother and the platoon. Is enthusiastic about it, is set up as wanting to help people, gets stabbed by kraut
>other character is the one tagging along, complains about being picked
We were clearly discussing the former character in our discussion thus far being as he is the one that fucking dies. Jesus user.

WW1 was full of civility between the Germans and allies, especially by pilots, and there are numerous recorded cases of battlefield interactions where both treated each with safety and respect when possible. The movie is just Hollywood non sense like usual.

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-141740_Google Play Books.jpg (1080x1920, 557K)

This thread is eternal ANGLO bait

Attached: 1463960546610.jpg (753x1062, 532K)

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-141752_Google Play Books.jpg (1080x1920, 601K)

Attached: 1451778067914.jpg (431x696, 234K)

A brat fit after nearly dying a horrible death, cmon man have some empathy

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-141809_Google Play Books.jpg (1080x1920, 585K)

Why didn't Robb Stark secure the city before starting the attack?

He wasn't stupid but he was inexperienced in comparison to his friend. He still cared about medals, he was asking about the somme, and he followed his friend's lead through no-man's-land. It doesn't take a huge leap in logic to believe that he wouldn't expect to get stabbed to death by a dude he was trying to help

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-141823_Google Play Books.jpg (1080x1920, 583K)

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-141839_Google Play Books.jpg (1080x1920, 569K)

yeah its kinda funny. while generally the soldiers were kinda timid to each other outside of direct combat, it was the their respective high command who completely disrespected them and send them to die without flinching. the movie flips that around.

Attached: 20200301_141910.jpg (1080x316, 61K)

>ywn participate in gentlemanly air combat
why live bros?

Book name, kind user? I love historical nonfiction

I'm glad I I wasn't the only one who thought of this.

Attached: 20200301_143052.jpg (916x1385, 557K)