Sci-fi kino

For me? It's Babylon 5.

Attached: babylon_5-show_2707.jpg (333x250, 26K)

For me it's Farscape

Attached: download.jpg (1800x1293, 326K)

so were the Minbari really going to genocide the humans before they ended up surrendering?

>named after islam
>commits genocide
it was truly a different time

The Minbari are incredibly autistic so yeah probably.

based

They're an entire race of pretentious fucking assholes so I'd say yes. Seriously, what kind of dumb fucking culture thinks firing their cannons is an act of diplomacy?

Yes, and once they got to Earth they didn't even care anymore. They were doing it purely out of obligation to their vow to wipe out humanity.

Attached: Earth–Minbari War.webm (848x480, 2.71M)

Attached: Earth–Minbari War2.webm (848x480, 2.92M)

Yes. And yet somehow everybody acts like humans hating Minbari is this huge shocking scandal when it makes perfect fucking sense.
Fuck the Minbari and fuck the collaborators on B5.
bald Delenn is pretty hot tho

>bald Delenn is pretty hot tho
based

For me it's Lyta Alexander

Attached: download (2).jpg (519x566, 59K)

FUCK THE NARN

Attached: 8993efc475ede155369ea8bccfa2ef81.gif (206x354, 36K)

the one with hercules was surprisingly okay. andromeda or something

based

It was good until they fired the creator and then it turned to shit. Rommie was hot

Attached: download (3).jpg (1600x1200, 309K)

Andromeda was great for part the first 3 seasons. It's a shame actors always get tired of alien makeup and leave because the alien in Andromeda was the most interesting character.
also this, Rommie was a total babe and I also enjoyed how there were different versions of her that began to diverge into slightly different personalities.

Ah Veronica

Attached: DonRgssU8AA-9_o.jpg (235x214, 12K)

still on season 1 does it stay this good?you guys always recommend it

Attached: 17832176816.jpg (620x413, 75K)

Well often times heavy make up like that day in fay out will begin to affect your health.

S3/4 are very different, but still good. Only plebs hate the second half of BSG.

Best sci fi show of all time, bar none

First two seasons are excellent, 3-4 are hit and miss with good individual eps for the most part but the main storyline falls apart. Series finale is next level retarded

yes, they do ramp up the political and religious drama, which throws some people off

they also forgot to have any idea where they were going and flew by the seat of their pants in terms of story.

this

Attached: 9fd928487c536a90eeebf76cd9bd5022.jpg (570x588, 26K)

I miss this nigga like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: B5_sinclair.jpg (296x166, 22K)

this is true—I guess CGI solves these problems, but prosthetics and makeup just have a charm that can't be matched

Sinclair > Sheridan

I don't remember any multi-season tv series having a good ending though. They messed up some things but it's still better than almost all other series

Plenty of shows have disappointing endings but rarely do you see something as pants-on-head stupid as the characters throwing away their tech to live like fucking cavemen.

Yeah Sheridan is great, but he's nothing on Sinclair. It's a damn shame what happen to O’Hare. Dude had a hard life.

I found Sheridan too hammy and over-emotional. Definite downgrade from the strong and soft-spoken Sinclair

Are you talking about them having their canon ports open, causing the misunderstanding, and the entire war?
Because that was the dumb human's fault for not realizing that the Mimbari weren't actually charging for battle, but showing respect. Humans couldn't even figure out the difference between warrior's respect, and an act of war.

No, it's the retarded Minbari's fault for even having that stupid fucking tradition.

>Let's extend the hand of friendship by making them think we're about to attack them
How could possibly be so fucking dumb as to expect any first contact to ever go well with a tradition that fucking retarded?

>didn't watch the original
>didn't understand the show at all
Not surprised really.

Fuck off faggot

>hand of friendship
It was 2 warriors passing each other, and the humans couldn't tell the difference between an action of respect, and an act of war.
The humans had never seen the Mimbari by that point, and the human's first reaction was "They're going to kill us", with no basis for that belief.

And exactly how were the humans supposed to know this? It's a first contact situation which should be handled delicately, not "let's give them a warrior's salute that can easily be misinterpreted."

I see as the Minbari just being aggressive assholes hoping it will misinterpreted as an excuse to go to war. Also
>"They're going to kill us", with no basis for that belief.
Yeah why would anyone see an alien ship priming their fucking weapons as threatening.

Because you are misremembering what the show told us. There was no charging of weapons. It was just canon ports open.
That's the difference you don't understand.
If it was actually weapons charging, we'd all be in agreement.

I could have sworn they were targeting/priming them as well. Huh. Anyway, I just really really hate the Minbari. They're so smug and arrogant and I want to murder every last one of them.

Yeah, it was a great sci-fi race for storytelling. It was JMS writing about an entire planet of Spocks.

Racisms bad :(
>Alien race is one the verge of destroying Earth
Yeah but like racism is bad tho :(
>Entire race of beings created to consume and assimilate life
But hating them is racist tho :(
>Literal antichrist figure wants to cleanse universe of life
Racism is bad :(

Fuck the Minbari

You're the one suggesting that 2000s BSG should be more like Galactica 1980, not me.

>mfw Daniel Jackson hit that

Attached: th.jpg (474x338, 15K)

based SG1 poster

writers strike ruined season 4

VORLON'D

Attached: DzT9Jh5WsAAD_ea.jpg (4096x1782, 1.28M)

mollari & g'kar scenes are absolute 10/10 kino

SyFy not giving it a 5th season was more of the problem for Battlestar Galactica. With another 15-20 episodes before making it to Nuked Earth, there would have been enough time to not rush through their ideas. They knew that they weren't getting the 5th season though, so they had to wrap up as much as they could from the earlier seasons, while pushing the show to the ending. The writer's strike didn't help, but part of the way through s3, SyFy started to get mettle with the production, because the ratings were decreasing. Pic related.
New Caprica is more of the breaking point for most people.

Attached: 800px-Nielsen_Ratings_Chart.png (800x491, 66K)

>You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney!
>If you cannot afford one-TOUGH NOOGIES!

Attached: 1582958085237.jpg (480x360, 16K)

holy shit, i forgot about this show. i fucking loved it and wish we got a proper ending.

When the Minbari had their weapon ports open or showing them their weaponry, didn't it mess up the human's computer systems which put them on alert?

"A Dark Bishop of the Luciferian Church."

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

I stuck with the show until the series finale and even went on to watch some of the Caprica series and some of the films like The Plan or Battlestar Galactica: Razor. I think I read that SyFy wanted some stand alone episodes and when that didn't work they decided to let the showrunners and writers have another season to finish the story.

Season 1 is so fucking boring. Should I start from season 2?

It's kino.

Attached: 1567713495349.jpg (502x792, 46K)

Sorta let the showrunners have another season, but also not really having anything to replace it with.
It's not like Flash Gordon could carry while they found the next idea anyways. Caprica still did fine, even at it's worse.
The standalone stuff in season 3 is there, but they were sci-fi tv writers, and knew how to keep those episodes relevant. The episode about racism and medicine in late season 3 comes to mind, it works within the fiction created, but isn't really needed for the overall story.
Humans were feigning ignorance from the start. When they asked for advice from the Centauri, they ignored Londo's attempt at explaining the difference between the Warrior Cast and the Earth Military.
>"Ah, arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package. How efficient of you."
>"If you do not bother them, they will not bother you."

You start with The Gathering, which from your perspective, will be even more boring and pointless than the rest of season 1. You can drop the show whenever.

>boring

Filtered. Get out pleb

The show does become more intense in later seasons, but never really action packed or anything. Honestly if you're not hooked after watching The Gathering you should probably drop it

>I think I read that SyFy wanted some stand alone episodes and when that didn't work they decided to let the showrunners and writers have another season to finish the story.
Syfy promised Ronald D. Moore that BSG would have a 5th season but the Hollywood Writers' Strike happened and they changed their plan, forcing him to finish the story by the end of the 4th season. That's why the second part of Season 4 felt like a succession of story arcs.
Fun fact: the mid-season cliffhanger was written as a series finale if the strike had continued.

>promised
Things not in a contract aren't real for movies/tv shows. Anyone can say anything, and none of that counts. If what you are saying is true, that's Moore's fault for not getting that shit in writing.
They were rushing stories at the start of s4, not 4.5.

>Things not in a contract aren't real for movies/tv shows. Anyone can say anything, and none of that counts.
The show was supposed to end with Season 5.
>They were rushing stories at the start of s4, not 4.5.
Yeah, because the Writers' Strike was coming.

Imagine not liking S1 and its campiness
Scenes like Lennier fixing Garibaldi’s motorcycle, or G’kar and Londo at the elevator, the first season had so much SOUL

b5 sucked and the only reasons to watch were londo and gkar