>Big Trouble in Little China
>The Fog
>They Live
>Escape from New York
>Prince of Darkness
>Assault on Precinct 13
>In the Mouth of Madness
>Vampires

If there is even one (1) film on this list that you haven't seen, either watch them immediately or kys yourself.

Attached: Horror-Legend-John-Carpenter-Takes-Home-Cannes039-Golden-Coach-Award.jpg (1200x631, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/prince-of-darkness-tv-series/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

will he ever make a comeback and give us some more kino?

Escape from LA and Ghosts of Mars (Escape from Mars before Escape from LA destroyed his career in Hollywood) pretty much killed any chance of that.

He should try making low budget independent horror flicks

This.
Cigarette Burns was kino. And though "The Ward" was shit, it was because of an awful script, not his direction.

If after all this Halloween shit, he could get a directing gig on a Blumhouse production or something? Make a small little horror kino? All would be right in the world.

When directors grow old they lose whatever they had in their youth that allowed them to make masterpieces. It has been proven again and again.

Just enjoy his old movies and leave him to die.

i;m going through this with Ridley Scott. Both of these directors have made absolute kino, but they've faded with age. Why does this happen?

>Vampires
>no Dark Star
>no Christine
>no Starman

Attached: 1572898819818.png (300x300, 120K)

>You've grown soft in your old age

Attached: Gordon.png (1134x634, 1.3M)

brain decay

He's 72. After the career he's had, do you really think he's gonna do some 2 million dollar horror flick?

Nothing left to say, nothing left to prove, can't do risky shit anymore because you have a career to protect, a couple of ex-wives you have to pay alimony to and a few kids you have to feed, school and clothe. Also, life of luxury and success makes you soft.

Contrast that to young directors who only have their passion towards filmmaking, they are full of anger because of constant rejection and they absolutely have to do risky shit to get noticed. And they have stuff inside them that is dying to get out, they just have to tell THIS story or make a movie about THIS aspect of life.

Why does nobody put their names over the title like he did anymore?

>The Thing
>Assault on Precinct 13
His only great movies. The rest goes from decent to bad.

His run from Assualt on Precinct 13 to They Live was extraordinary and the most underrated film in that run was Christine. It's very very good also has his most underrated soundtrack.

I've watched Precinct a handful of times and I just can't fully embrace it like so many of JC's other films. The main theme is brilliant obviously and there's some goofy stuff with the bad guys towards the beginning but it just gets boring as it goes along. And I normally don't care whether movies work logistically or not but I still thought it was dumb as hell that all the bad guys shooting guns in the street could evade the cops by standing behind a tree or whatever.

This movie ruined my childhood

slashfilm.com/prince-of-darkness-tv-series/

>Posted on Thursday, September 20th, 2018

>yfw this will never happen.

Attached: 1419307781823.jpg (1280x542, 327K)

K

Y

S

Prince of darkness is shit

I hope he doesn’t try again. It rarely if ever works out.
I sorta hope he gets royalty checks from some idiotic and inevitable reboot though.

Absolute plebbitude.

Attached: 1578795126143.jpg (500x556, 73K)

they are objectively unwatchable. his other work is genius of course.

He did the soundtrack for Halloween 2018 and it was great.

This mad lad aged like fine wine when it comes to kino. How does he do it?

>*blocks your path*
>What were you saying kiddo?

Attached: 2212.jpg (1920x1152, 535K)

David Lynch just got better with age. Twin Peaks season 3 is his magnum opus.

As for Ridley, he still makes decent movies. They're just not nearly of the caliber that he made in his youth.

>people always forget he made this kino

Karen Allen was cute. CUTE!

Attached: 300px-Starman.jpg (300x472, 70K)

You're a fraud for not including Christine.