It's over

Link ign.com/articles/netflix-is-slashing-animation-amid-subscriber-drops?utm_source=twitter

Attached: Screenshot_20220422-172242_Twitter.jpg (720x766, 269.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W-4_5mAXRRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Twitter thread

I think I saw a report that a Stranger Things episode, just ONE episode, costs around $30 Million Dollars. What the fuck is this company thinking?

Until they introduce a tax for internet usage, mainstream entertainment is gonna be dead pretty soon.

Mainstream entertainment has been dead for years.

I fail to see how "we're cancelling a bunch of original projects and shows we were working on" will increase viewers.

Honestly? Fucking good.
85% of Netflix animation is pure unfiltered garbage. Why should I care that they won't be making any more?

>losing subscribers
>"Let's alienate a huge section of our remaining userbase by canceling everything they're subscribed for."
Brilliant strategy there, guys. Can't wait until you start getting your golden parachutes while this plane continues to nosedive.

Glitch Tech Bros...

Who cares about viewers? Profits are on the line.

Well, at least Stranger Things drives subscriptions, their in-house animation productions does not.

For some reason, shit like 'City of Ghosts' didn't bring in subscribers, nor did She-Man Revelations, it's almost as if people, even kids, want to be entertained.

Attached: CityofGhosts.jpg (2560x1439, 586.64K)

They're cancelling these shows because they didn't bring in viewers.

Netflix can't borrow more money, that's a promise they made to the shareholders, so now the have to produce with the money they make from their subscriptions, which means that shows which doesn't get enough eyeballs will be gone, unless they're REALLY cheap.

Animation is not cheap.

If they cancel Big Mouth and ritualistically sacrifice all its showrunners, I might come back.

Stranger Things is one of their few programs that actually gets its money back

Shut up, it's actually important this time.

If you like that 15% then you should care.

2 more weeks
Trust the plan

-Z

Attached: 2B768C2E-C8AA-4554-AF68-2AAA96E5A60A.jpg (392x300, 87.69K)

>They're cancelling these shows because they didn't bring in viewers
Bone didn't even get released.

Loved Klaus. J.K. Simmons is the only actor still worth praising

I assume this won't affect any anime, since those aren't made by Netflix, but only distributed?

This keeps happening. I can't do it anymore...

Big Mouth and it’s spin-off are literally the only animated shows not getting cancelled. I’m serious.

Attached: Typical day.jpg (640x640, 82.84K)

just like the tv executives that came before them netflix has completely lost touch with its own audience.

In Hollywood I mean

>it's actually important this time.

Attached: E051A993-DC79-4486-9A21-1C227A3DC8FE.jpg (1660x1026, 331.83K)

>it's over
Did it ever truly begin?

Thing is though, that 15% doesn't interest me as well.
Arcane just didn't catch my attention, and I refuse to believe shit like Centaur world holds any actual value.
And anytime I do end up fully enjoying a series that I want to continue on, they cancel it anyways.
So fuck them every which way possible.

Attached: 90.jpg (840x473, 118.87K)

Good Redwall is saved from Netflix bastardization

Attached: FOTowjIXEAowMYR.jpg (680x516, 30.21K)

maybe since that animations are over they can hire a new hot woman star with their bucks

Simmons is in so much stuff that I honestly wonder if he ever really rejects roles. Even in low budget shit I see him in it.

They NEED to revive Glitch Techs NOW

Teto, say it isn't so...

I hope this is the end for all streaming services. Cable unironically better deal.

No one told them to make a bunch of gender special cartoons that don't even appeal to kids and thrives off of social media anger.

>Big Mouth and it’s spin-off
It's made entirely by jews, it will be the last production shut down

I'm still not big on cable but I hate what streaming did to physical media.
So many shows stop doing releases. If South Park stops making blu rays it is truly over.

Attached: south park.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

>only want maybe 5 channels
>all 5 are bundled in with other shit
>they cant be separated
Cable is cancer.

>Devil may cry is kill
Fucking good especially after how they buttfucked Castlegaynia

Attached: 1598907303406.gif (220x224, 767.62K)

I mean, these must be super jews. Most hollywood work is made by heebs but plenty still get canned. What the fuck makes Big Mouth so special?

Attached: Oh no anyway.png (1536x1571, 2.74M)

Even if there was only one thing you liked, I don't see why you think less things getting funded is a good thing. It just means there's even less of a chance of stuff you actually like getting funded.

Arcane was apparently 10 mill per episode and it was outrageous and extremely expensive, I guess all their other shit must be dirt cheap but also get low as hell views

heh

good, now maybe they will stop buying old cartoons just to ruin them

Are you trying to tell me that twitter lesbians aren't a big enough target demographic to make the cost of $3-5 million per season worthwhile?

What's worse is that the next big 'step' in western animation is the combination of 3d and 2d like in Arcane.

This will quickly be what the audience expects, the problem is that the current crop of western animators have zero skill in painting the type of textures applied on these 3d models.

Which means they are practically obsolete, as if their shitty bean mouth style wasn't bad enough.

>netflix original animations like Bojack gave them a boost on viewers in the first place
>lol let's can all of that

Attached: 1450152997292.jpg (559x396, 26.15K)

Netflix is hedging their bets on the Tall Girl cinematic universe.

Attached: Tall_Girl_2.jpg (259x384, 94K)

>What the fuck makes Big Mouth so special?
The depraved messaging aimed at kids, sexualize them early, Disney style

But this time it's actually news, and not bait shit.

Is there a full list of all the canned cartoons?

I have lost literally all faith in anything Netflix makes, so seeing them shoot themselves in their foot is just hilarious to me.
And I just don't want to see Netflix shove in modern day political drivel into shit like Bone. There is no way that was going to be a good adaptation of the story.

Netflix has only made two good shows
>The Crown
>Glitch Techs
That's it.

Thank God Pacific Rim The Black got its 2nd season out before this.

Attached: PacificRim_TheBlackPoster.png (1074x672, 1.48M)

>be child
>watch adult show
>be confused
>shitpost

>Big Mouth and it's spinoff get renewals for new seasons ahead of airing
>Bone got quietly taken out back and shot

Attached: FQ2n5odXsAE6W2k.jpg (312x456, 43.45K)

BECAUSE CARTOONS AIN'T SHIT

Attached: Screenshot_20220422-181309_Samsung Internet.jpg (929x609, 68.66K)

>He wanted the same company that made big mouth to have anything to do with Bone in the first place

Attached: 1492634722413.gif (500x418, 884.75K)

>Netflix dying in 2022
My uncle and aunt were early adopters of Netflix back in 2002 and owned shares of the company for the longest time. They used to shill the DVD rentals and the eventual move to a streaming subscriptions platform.
That was until Netflix lost distribution rights to countless shows, films, and documentaries to other newer streaming platforms. The final straw was when Cuties was released and heavily advertised on the landing page.
The ironic thing is that they now subscriptions to everything BUT Netflix and refuse to speak nicely of the company. More due to how "the original series made are not enjoyable and it has been overshadowed by everyone else".

>Bone cartoon gets canned
Jeff can't catch a brea-
>Netflix can't make it woke
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is only referring to projects they had a hands-on involvement in, right?

Whatever got their money.

>Cuties
Holy shit, completely forgot about that dumpster fire. Didn't they remove it?

It's not even a matter of woke or whatever. It's just an attempt to appease investors because - shock - no company is capable of growing infinitely, forever. Investors thought Netflix would apparently reach seven billion subscribers and have every person on earth watching them. Because investors are fucking stupid.

>muh woke glasses
Rent free.

Hey does this mean that Netflixvania is finally dead? Hell yeah!

youtu.be/W-4_5mAXRRg

>no company is capable of growing infinitely, forever
And when the public company stops growing they bring in the closer CEO to slice it up and sell off as much as possible.

For fuck's sake

Attached: dorohedoro-177393217-large.jpg (862x1200, 224.45K)

cope. Animation is saved for now.

I’ve been told this is a “globohomo” cartoon, is that true?

Maybe I'm more naively optimistic, but I doubt they'd politicize Bone that much. In any case, the the Netflix was good for was giving money to projects that were highly unlikely to get funding elsewhere. The Dark Crystal series absolutely wouldn't have gotten funding from a regular channel. I have no love lost for Netflix as a corporation, but they were giving money to stuff.

Wasn't the Castlevania writer (Ellis something ?) cancelled for having consentual sex with adult females who he somehow brain-washed on his comic book forum ?

I remember it was something insane like that, he was ugly as fuck as well.

Agreed

The final season of Hilda is fine though right guys? RIGHT???

That's why it's best to not support publicly-traded companies, because they're not beholden to you, the consumer, only their shareholders.

Is it over?

Attached: 1598388382518.png (350x263, 188.92K)

And yet they renewed big mouth, lmao

Literally all they had to do was stop putting niggers and faggots in everything. That's it.

Not made by Netflix so I think so.

Just read the manga.

>Because investors are fucking stupid.
Because that's what Netflix said they were estimated to do.

Then they lost 200,000 subscribers, and expect to lose 2 million more by end of June.

They're in insane debt, the reason to invest in Netflix was for growth, and unlike Disney, Apple, Amazon etc, Netflix doesn't have another revenue stream, it's subscribers or bust.

And Dark Crystal was canned anyway because Nick Kroll needed an allowance to make a show about children fucking.

No clue. I remember my aunt flipping her shit due to it. They sold their shares, for a nice price, and killed their subscription afterward.
For those thinking that it was an overreaction. My aunt is a now-retired elementary school teacher and taught kids that were of the same age as the girls in the movie. While I don't know the full exact details. I do know that she had to deal with a female student being sexually molested by a family member years prior. So seeing a movie where young girls dance in what could be viewed as a sexual manner was not acceptable.

>6’1 is considered tall
do amerimutts really