Why is this movie so disliked? It has got a beautiful plot to tell, amazing animation and wonderful emotion...

Why is this movie so disliked? It has got a beautiful plot to tell, amazing animation and wonderful emotion. There's no reason for everyone to hate on this movie, so I would suspect that most of the hate is coming from Enterfags alone.

Attached: turning-red-pixar.jpg (1920x1080, 98.96K)

I'm just wincing because some asshole is going to delete this thread.

But I don't think the movie is THAT disliked. It's just polarizing in the general audience.

Everything is getting sucked into the cesspool that is the "culture war" including mediocre films.

actually this movie has a lot of people who outright love it

It's so polarizing that even people who think it's nothing special one way or the other feel the need to speak up

no 9/11 regerence therefore shit

It’s a fine movie. I went in expecting to hate it and actually really liked it. Worst part for me is just the FUCKING BEAN MOUTHS

I don’t like the character designs, but other than that it’s a pretty standard kids movie

It's a faulty metaphor for menstruation and the characters look like Grubhub's rejected character concepts.

there was no 9/11

>Why is this movie so disliked?
Honest not Yea Forums reason, is its age in appropriate for small kids, but the character design and some of t advertising appeals to them. So some parents who didn't know what the movie was about may have felt like a bait and switch. My sister teaches 1st grade and she has small kids, she told me she found it weird the a lot of her students watched the movie because she wouldn't want to show it to her kids till they were older. Some parents might not care about this shit, but others do.

Alright you want a genuinely review from someone that watched the movie and while hate Turning Red can say it's not the worst thing ever?
It's a disjointed mess that even at it's best is still very by the numbers. It doesn't help that yes the art direction is very bad. It's an ugly looking movie with a ver basic and boring premise. What original concepts it does have feel smashed in for no rhyme or reason. Why is the movie in 2002? Why a red panda instead of a dragon, tiger, or literally any other animal? The film juat doesn't have an inspiration to it apart from the director's particular interests which are haphazardly thrown in. It's a really boring simple movie and apart from the cringe comedy early on not very unique. If not for peopel trying to politicize it like they did for the 2016 Ghostbusters then no one would even be discussing it and this film would go the way of Onward, Good Dinosaur, and Luca and be forgotten.

Just wondering, is it true that pixar has an entire team dedicated to animating eyeballs?

Chinese internet users seem to like Period Panda well enough.

Attached: chineseaudiencesays.jpg (1086x1584, 445.49K)

I only saw Turning Red because I watched/liked Encanto and heard it had similar themes: no true villain, just a well meaning parental antagonist whose lingering trauma drives the story. More appealing than the "twist villains" Disney and Pixar have been putting out, I guess, and somehow I managed to avoid the people screaming that it was about 911 or puberty.

Mei and Ming's dynamic carried the whole movie. Everything else was tweens doing tween things. I'm one of those fags who let Mei's friends grow on me, but upon first watch, I skipped the middle section of the movie when the plot just turned into "doing sneaky things only to get busted at the end of the second act" filler.

Strong opening, mid/weak second act, ridiculous climax, but one of my favorite endings in a Pixar film.

Who outside of the US cared about 9/11?

oh at the time, the entire world cared... so I get the impression.

but then it became hip and cool to shit on the USA and Dubya because Iraq War.

2007 or so was peak anti-Americanism on the internet, as far as I could tell.

Everyone hated Dubya prior to 9/11. He couldn't even walk to his inauguration as was the tradition since Jefferson. In our class in Germany, the Muslims were a bit happy about it, but that was it. By 2002 no one talked about it.

>Everyone hated Dubya prior to 9/11.

OK I think that was domestic disapproval because of the 2000 election. But then 9/11 happened and the country rallied behind the flag of course... which I don't think is ever going to happen again. NO ONE is going to get that high of an approval rating.

But you're from Germany so uhh... well Euros talking shit about the USA was a big thing in the Iraq war era.

It was big before too. During the campaign he was presented as a barbarian because he supported the death penalty. That was a big thing.

Some critic lost his job because he didn’t care for the movie, and people blamed Twitter Disney fans for being bullies.

>Some critic lost his job because he didn’t care for the movie,

no he didn't lose his job, he just took down his review because it was so goddamn lazy.

Dude seriously thought no one else but like Domee Shi and her friends would like the movie

Didn't he just say he couldn't relate to it and felt like it wasn't for him?

Nope he shat on it and Domee Shi because he doesn't understand how other people can like things he doesn't like.

well yeah that AND he thought other people wouldn't be able to relate... like literally only Asian women in Toronto.

I guess he was doing seat of his pants box office-tyle analysis for a movies that wasn't in theaters. And it came out really wrong.

saw a similar complaint from a youtuber who HASN'T removed his review. Said reviewer is on rottentomatoes as a legit critic and it's a rotten for Turning Red.

Also said that since he worked with teen girls who gushed about Harry Styles... that he was sick of those antics and didn't need to see them in a movie.

Sounds like a personal issue.

>who HASN'T removed his review
If you don't agree or like the review that's fine, but why should he remove it? Any review is going to have some sort of bias, and the reviewers core audience probably shares that bias so the content could be useful for them.

not saying he should remove it... just that he hasn't been dragged on twitter

I thought you were talking about Schaffrillas Productions but his review is still up.

I heard euros made the original 9/11 jokes so probably them.

Oh, okay.

Because it was made by women.

also there's another rotten that seems really weird... from Walter Chaw, Asian dude.

Movie was obviously really triggering for him because he has Asian mommmy issues too. Also he thinks the whole "selling pictures of the Panda" is like selling your cultural otherness. Also he has a lot of bitterness about racism he faced in his youth, and his complex on feeling white women didn't think he was attractive because he was Asian.
I mean Walter Chaw is someone I don't think of as a dumbass though. He's just fiercely independent and personal in his reviews.

nope, that review is just a big nothingburger to me.

I did write a response to it because it's a popular youtuber though

ok groomer

The movie is fine, I didn't like it desu, but seeing the amount of seething it did in some parents I realized that is a movie that needed to be made

>Boohoo my mother beat me
Why is every non-white Pixar movie like this

>but seeing the amount of seething it did in some parents I realized that is a movie that needed to be made

well... is it because of the whole presenting periods/menstruation in the movie?

Or is it the bullshit complaint of "OMG Mei is so disrespectful! My daughter WOULD NEVER!"

That kind of complaint is the realm of user reviews, not professional critics.

Well some professional Catholics who said Mulan was better because her disobedience was for her dad and Mei's disobedience was for herself... k then

Attached: mulan vs mei.jpg (1100x780, 113.79K)

>this film is disliked because mediocore e-celeb hates it
Nah, the film is just pretty broad for being a pixar movie of all things. People have an issue with Mei's panda being an allegory for periods or something and the fact that she sells her panda out for money that people are saying is a metaphor for prostitution. i really don't give a shit abt the discourse. its just fun to look at for me, but if you unironically think that people hate this film because it lacks mention of 9/11, then lurk harder.
or then again, im retarded and taking the bait.

Attached: 1650561937809.jpg (306x302, 19.02K)

Because non whites have relationships with their parents.

This but unironically.

>every non-white Pixar movie

I guess you're talking about Soul and Coco... I should watch Soul because I only saw a bit of it and I don't recall the mom character there at all.

>is a metaphor for prostitution

sometimes a panda is just a panda, user

Also don't understand the complaint that this movie is broad. I mean it's a movie FOR broads but that's not the same thing *ba dum tish*

Attached: rides.gif (540x300, 1.68M)

I can't speak for others but I don't like it solely because of the 3D bean-mouth art style. Everyone's jaws are just so packed full of teeth.

Because white parents are milquetoast. Hispanic and black parents will literally beat the shit out of you, ground you and then threaten you by saying that God will abandon you and the devil himself will rape you in your sleep just for talking back to them.

Luca did the same thing. I wonder if all Pixar will look like that for a bit

>sometimes a panda is just a panda
My panda my choice

>Because white parents are milquetoast.
hey my mom slapped my sister sometimes... I mean sometimes. It was fucked up.

But overall my stepdad was just hypercritical all the time and just a big old ass.

Hate my mom for marrying him and not protecting me. Though honestly we ARE pretty close or used to be like Mei and Ming.

>My panda my choice
it was a joke a controversial joke I like when kids movies do that.

>My panda my choice
"I'm keeping it!"

Attached: mamadontpreach.png (991x559, 663.35K)

>is a metaphor for prostitution

also Jin found those videos... you think he was charmed to see his daughter prostitute herself?

Or maybe it's more innocent than that?

>it was a joke a controversial joke I like when kids movies do that.
also she hugs her mother and says she'll be back for dinner, what's more wholesome than that?

Attached: sleephome.jpg (977x1190, 255.48K)

>My panda my choice
with that logic, she wants keep the baby.

>Or maybe it's more innocent than that?
but cool kids already do that, stuff like taking a picture with the sports team, or the kid that is in a rock band.

it's cool they live in Toronto and not in the shithole suburb I was in... I mean it was OK in terms of being rich but walking anywhere was an ordeal...

13 year olds CAN go karaoke by themselves! What a concept.

Attached: streetcars.jpg (605x271, 33.7K)

>amazing animation

imagine if that screenshot was the last anyone ever saw of Mei

The movie is well-acclaimed. It's just a minority of folks who hate it.

Me personally, I thought it was meh.

>The movie is well-acclaimed
by professional critics.

got a mixed reaction from the general audience. Also culture wars and memes

>beautiful plot
It was just okay. People are just mad cause she twerks.

>got a mixed reaction from the general audience.
really?