Pre-modernism was religion and ignorance

pre-modernism was religion and ignorance
modernism was reason and enlightenment
post-modernism was universal skepticism and irony
post-post-modernism, the new sincerity for short, was the categorical rejection of irony
what will post-post-post-modernism be?

Attached: t6k3okp8jvf11.jpg (1600x900, 78K)

the rejection of the self

>what will post-post-post-modernism be?
Islam

>le ebin white genocide Arabian subversion narrative!!!11!1!
no, probably not

new sincerity is a joke and not real sorry DFW

but honestly, if i am even giving the idea credence at all, postsincerity encapsulates the culture
there has been no rejection of irony, nor an embracing of sincerity, our collective experience has become more a conglomeration of meaning where multiple authenticities feed into each other all at once

This was postmodernism, read Anti-Oedipus

I still think we are living in postmodern so all the others are speculations. Anything that is named post post.. for anything but description and explanation is a comedy gold award waiting. It sounds to me more like we are still living in universal relativism of everything and scepticism that represents the postmodern world. Asking people about something always results either in them believing strongly in something which can be classified as modernist if it is in the tradition of enlightenment or just theological. Otherwise they say it depends or it is contextual, perspective which is postmodern.

Rejection of monotheistic notions (God, science, etc) and the material (though by force).

>>pre-modernism
You mean sanity.

the new sincerity never existed

>science
>monotheistic
top kek

Dunno what the word for it is but meant more in terms of absolute truth, which science is definitely seen as by many.

objectivity?

Neo-Ludditism

yeah I get it. it's a misunderstanding of science. even scientists don't believe they produce "absolute truth".

Eco-fascism
amidoingitrite?

An actual clown world where morals are dead

Pre-honkism

>equating science with dogmatic scientism
lol

>pre-modernism was religion and ignorance
no
>modernism was reason and enlightenment
fuck no
>post-modernism was universal skepticism and irony
kind of (irony is really a tiny part of it)
>post-post-modernism, the new sincerity for short, was the categorical rejection of irony
postpostmodernism hasn't even happened yet
stop with autistic generalizations when you barely have the data that you're trying to generalize

if you think they're this bad, then why don't you make your own one sentence summaries of each movement? no compound or complex sentences either, use the same structure I did, like
>>[intellectual movement] (also known as X) was A, B, and C
then again, you're probably not serious, considering that you think that the new sincerity literally doesn't exist

Post-humanism becoming-animal, biosemiotics, and what have you. We are headed towards new animist syncretism.

Until we get rid of the death there will be no progress whatsoever.

Just Irony if we follow the pattern.

Jokes aside I can see that we'll either face the doldrums or an earthquake in the years to follow.

Until we get rid of progress there will be no death whatsoever

>why don't you make your own one sentence summaries of each movemen
Cultural periods are not defined in one sentence, so I rather wouldn't.
New Sincerity is a tiny pseudo-movement that I don't think is even alive at this point (if it ever has been). And it never has been an entity outside the anglosphere.

so you critique my summaries for their content, but then you say that it's a problem with the medium? what the hell did you expect from a shitpost based on summarizing movements in one sentence each?
>I don't think [it] is even alive anymore
that's what everyone said about vaporwave, repeatedly, but would you look at that, it's still alive

>pre-modernism was religion and ignorance
I'm really really sure they considered ignorance to be a virtue

Modernity is a myth.

don't worry about it

Attached: 20181126150312648uneq.png (604x451, 10K)

I'm glad we agree then :)

Cringe(death is already gone FYI)
Based

Attached: Paul-Shepard.jpg (300x300, 15K)