/cope/ thread

>published first book few months ago
>feeling pretty good about it
>only has one rating on Goodreads
>two stars
>dude didn’t even leave a review to explain why he thought it sucked
How do I cope with being a failure right out the gate, Yea Forums?

Attached: F8EBBDB4-BC71-42C9-A8EE-2887E40C602E.jpg (593x593, 125K)

arrogance, that guy was just some fucking retard, anyone who criticizes you is obviously a tasteless pleb

What is your book? I will read it and leave an actual review.

you had the order wrong its suppose to be:
>write book
>get depression
>kys
>get published
>famous
not:
>write book
>get published
>now get depression
>?

Reread Crime and Punishment.

Protip is to not give a fuck and hope to be rediscovered several decades after your death. Hell maybe it'll take a century. Just believe in yourself.

There are no great men left. Even if your book sold well it still would of been shit. We live in an age of darkness.

Worried about revealing my identity on Yea Forums, might come back and bite me in the ass

He can still make it if he dies, it doesn't have to happen before he's published.

Hurry up, OP.

Melville got shit on all his life whenever he wrote something more than adventure pulp. Think about what your legacy will be in the future. Personally, as Melville’s reincarnation, I feel immense pride and joy at Moby Dick finally enjoying the status it deserves

You did it wrong op. In this day and age:
1) make controversial statements to get engagement on twitter
2) amass a large amount of followers
3) publish book and shill it
4) profit

How so? Nobody knows who you are lmao. Right now you are a literal nobody. People here are literally willing to help you, like me, by actually reading your book and providing constructive criticism. If you dont want to share your book why even make the thread? Are you retarded or just an attention whore?

If you pay me money and foster me a copy I'll review your book, user. You have to pay me though.

What do you have to lose again? No one will even know but Yea Forums, imagine the kind of person who browses here.
What are they going to say, "I saw you on Yea Forums"? That makes two

Comes with the territory, kiddo. If you are worried as a writer about your identity, you are never gonna make it

Retarded

self pub doesn't count

Retarded.

Say this to my fucking face and not only kiddo

Attached: Soeren_Kierkegaard.jpg (662x768, 123K)

Alright, fair point. It’s called The Traveler and His Past-Self. Look it up on Amazon. It’s free on kindle if you got the kindle unlimited thing. Only reason it has all 5 stars on Amazon bc all the reviewers were friends and relatives lmao.
But yeah. Rip into it that shit if you have to.

Dr. Bussell
5.0 out of 5 stars i would highly recommend this book
September 6, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
an absolute masterpiece 10/10

Nice. I will read it over the next few days and leave a review. Seems alright from the first glance.

>nobody wants to read my book
>but don't expect me to promote my book at all, I don't want to get judged
dumbass. I'd give you one star, OP.

Talked to an nyt bestseller literally today. He said almost every successful author has 1-3 unpublished manuscripts from their first attempts and their first published books are underwhelming. Don't give up. Get better.

I'm not going to read your book, Austin, but I just want to say you look like a cool guy (or alternatively, a very hot girl and I would like very much to suck on your toes- you have a common name)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.25.57 PM.png (2344x1378, 2.43M)

One of my buddies wrote that for the meme. He didn’t even buy it lol

Leave the man alone. Cringe.

Thanks for the advice, lads.

I'm just fucking with him. There's like a hundred different people with his full name on facebook, so I'm sure nobodies going to reveal that he once posted on that evil for-chun incel chatroom.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.25.34 PM.png (2208x1428, 2.31M)

If that is you and you're ever in British Columbia, btw, I'll buy you a beer since from that pic you genuinely do seem pretty cool.

Use a pen name if you’re worried about that, OP. Don’t let bad reviews discourage you either, let them fuel and drive you to write more books. That’s the only way you’ll improve your craft.

this aint Yea Forums, you fucking 15 year old autist, nobody cares