Has anyone here ever had a girlfriend that didn't let you read as much as you'd want to?

Has anyone here ever had a girlfriend that didn't let you read as much as you'd want to?

I used to have this gf who always wanted to do things together while I prefer to switch between me time and shared time. Whenever I read she put on a bored face, or on saturdays if I wanted to read in the morning she got annoyed because user we have to "do stuff!" and go out etc.

So I ended up half reading, not fully immersed in the experience, and worrying in the back of my mind about her being upset afterwards. holy shit what an awful experience. Some books on her bookshelf: Harry Potter, Dark, 50 shades, etc.)

On a related note, do you think its important that your partner reads and grow things in the garden of her mind? I think its a dealbreaker if she doesnt exercise her mind. What I do find troublesome is the hot women rarely read that much...

Attached: 20985641-bored-girlfriend.jpg (800x533, 66K)

Op your ex is an airhead

ive never had a gf

every girlfriend i've had has been cleverer than me

really op what is the point of your thread. think about it really

Dodged a bullet, buddy. Life is short to be pleasing women over your own enjoyment

t. OP's ex

Never had a GF that was upset at my reading, but I've heard them make off handed comments and try to talk down about me reading too much to her friends. IE: books aren't a replacement for personality/identity, which book did you learn that from? Or my favorite, you think you are so smart huh?
I don't think I'm smart, but it's hilarious how quick stupid people get intimidated when you can quote or cite things straight out of books while other people stammer over "idk, I just feel this way"

Maybe wants to know if its a common thing

pretending he had a gf despite his overtly incel vibes

Op here, I sometimes got that Kind of passive agressive behaviour as well.. If we were at her family house by the country side and I wanted to read for a while she then said things like "Whats the matter, you dont enjoy hanging out with my family?" Jesús christo I wanted to read for a whileeee

>gf
go away chad

Op here, I suck big juicy dongers and also I'm a faggot

My girlfriend probably thinks that I don't read enough. She was up all night reading Moldbug whilst I was goofing off on YouTube.

>reading

I've never had a girlfriend
The other day I was looking that this godforsaken place that is /gif/ and I saw a penis penetrate a vagina, it seemed so unreal, I felt like I was in a other dimension.

If I had a gf and she did that to me, I would beat the shit out of her. That's why I probably don't have a gf yet.

Your problem is you were dating the wrong woman:
-reposting from another board cuz I' not writing this out fresh again-

>be me
>have gf who is not highly intelligent (I'm not saying she was dumb, but she was average, I guess)
>she was interesting and curious about the world, and all sorts of good things
>*plot twist*
> was also extremely attractive. pic related: her doppelganger
>stay in relationship much too long, mostly because she was so attractive, I'm ashamed to say
>but also because she was so positive:
>I once tried to break up with her once, saying things aren't working out well and some shit (but really because I wanted more intellectual stimulation from a gf) and she countered with: "when there are problems, you don't just quit. we'll work things out and make our relationship better!"
>continue relationship for another year+
finally broke up and am now with very, very intelligent woman.
Lesson: the most important thing is knowing what you want in a gf/wife.

Pretty fades, but smart is forever.

Attached: Karen Mulder.jpg (1024x1517, 223K)

>reading

It's more like anything that takes your attention away from her, especially in instances when she wants it. At the end of the day relationship is just a compromise between two people and their time.

I'm approaching 30 and haven't had a girlfriend, but I'd rather remain alone than be with someone like your ex.

OP here, agree so much.. the mother of your children has to be intelligent and not someone annoying me to go out eat on the weekend so she can upload a picture to her instagram story to show off to her friends

Having no literary interest brings up a red flag for me since that relationship.

As they say, for every hot woman there's some boyfriend tired of her shit

me on the left

I love it when dumb people think they are highly intelligent XD

>grow things in the garden of her mind

you are the dumb one, and she wanted to do stuff because you are insufferable to listen to

all the girls clever enough to challenge my mental faculties are literally too butthurt to enjoy my presence, being that i am an inimitable and stunning genius. There have only been three or four women i have known in my life that were at that level. the rest have been absolute dunderheads. just... fucking idiots. most women around here at least are utterly brain dead beasts unconcerned with legacy, their own life is just a makeup rehearsal, their masks more than suffice to hide their faces, not twisted by any turmoil or war of morals within their noggin, but simply to slap onto a canvas as blank as the endless pool from which spirit is derived on the third plane. it's sad really. their lack of urgency probably comes from their inferiority, though if they over the course of their ancestral development had taken some initiative in that regard, some far better fate could rise from these who have become chattel of their own accord, molded into it perhaps by the demands of the less dainty sex.

this is one of the perks of being an incel.
if people say some dumb ass shit you don't have to feel any inner turmoil over it because you have nothing to lose anyway

Do you not know where you are? Talking about girlfriends as if it was something the people here have, on the regular.

Yeah ahah I had a gf like that. Whenever she started breaking my balls I would go like "naaah girl, suck this dick instead", it works every time LOL :)

>hot women rarely read that much...
Wow, it's almost as if you have limitless amounts of people entertaining you, you never learn to entertain yourself. HUH.
Pro-tip: When the hot women reach 60 they might as well be zombies and or dead

>Has anyone here ever had a girlfriend
stopped reading right there

tfw no gf

are you european by any chance

yeah, mine is always trying to get me to stop reading to do photography with her. Honestly I have no interest in her arthoe larping.

Attached: alice 5.png (541x599, 339K)

>gf wants to hang out EVERY NIGHT

Are women even fucking capable of being alone

>Has anyone here ever had a dog that didn't let you read as much as you'd want to?
>I used to have this dog who always wanted to do things together while I prefer to switch between me time and shared time. Whenever I read the dog would put on a bored face, or on saturdays if I wanted to read in the morning it got annoyed because user you have to take me on a walk!!! and play fetch etc.

Attached: image.jpg (500x750, 54K)

My gf reads more than I do and we talk about literature all the time. She's also conservative and very attractive. I'm a lucky guy.

I'm 100% convinced women actually have no souls. They are not capable of anything that can be called literature or philosophy, except in instances so vanishingly rare that they can be better explained by freak accident or sheer imitation.

It freaks me out. Having to work with them and watch them try to create things is like starring on a cooking show alongside a dog, and the dog just barks and breaks shit, but everyone claps as if he's cooking too. It's just a dog. It's not cooking. It's not doing anything. But everyone is clapping, so you clap too, because you don't want to be the one to say it.

I can smell the incel from here. You are just meeting the wrong women, I've had many girlfriends that were very smart and complete people, with their own thoughts about the world.
The fact that you will judge half of the human population just because you attract brainless bimbos, is proof enought that you're a faggot.

Low quality bait

please piss down my throat

Keep telling yourself that, faggot.

>bots are now posting algorithmically generated normie posts on Yea Forums

Attached: image.jpg (396x360, 88K)

girlfriends and "partners" are for fags

I refer to my concubine as my concubine

seeing that i may miss the opportunity by bothering with a query, i shall humbly oblige.
*unzips*

>tfw dog is unironically literally pragmatically financially holistically all around superior to women

true