Not my batman

Not my batman.

Attached: Simpsons brat.jpg (2000x2402, 3.89M)

I like him I want him to bleach me

BANGIN ON A TRASH CAAAAN

Starro.png

Attached: vector.png (900x980, 156.59K)

Nobody is gonna get that Doug reference.

DRUMMING ON A STREET LIGHT

Has anyone ever died from trying to use a glider in heavy rain? That would make a funny webm.

He looks more like a sugar glider than a bat

Considering the physics involved, I don't think rain would make much of a difference.

It would have to, wouldn't it? Rain is falling down on the glider constantly pushing it down, I would expect it to have some kind of negative impact.

Is my batman.

No but seriously, Batman was tanking assault fire and bombs to the face, was having the classic cape glider too much. Even the Nolan films had that

Guess what is also constantly pushing down on it guy.

I would like to see a parody where no one can identify what animal the Caped Crusader is supposed to be.

This was one thing that baffled me about the movie.

I know that different interpretations will want to try new things with the character, but like… this is a character who has a cape that he's known for gliding with. He has a cape in this movie. He looks like a bat. Bats are arial. The cape makes him look like a bat. The cape makes him arial.

And then he deploys this wingsuit that he uses exactly once to glide, and it's not at all clear where he stores that wingsuit.

I know that Batman didn't glide the distances he does in the Nolan trilogy and Arkham games before those things. He more kinda just used his cape as a parachute to slow his descent, and he had a separate hang-glider for gliding. But the scenario in the movie didn't even require him to soar upward, like he does in the Nolan/Arkham stuff. He was just slowing his descent by increasing the horizontal distance of his fall, which seems like that's a normal-ass job for a Batman cape that he wouldn't need a glider for.

I don't know why I'm stuck on this one detail. It's not rare to change things up in reboots at all. But this ONE THING just seems to stick out so much. Why? Why does he have the balloon suit?

I think the silly flight suit combined with him slamming into the bridge is just supposed to remind us that he's still new to the whole Batman thing. Presumably he'll graduate to a Nolan-style cape eventually.

Why is Batman wearing a bodybag?

Sounds about right desu.

kek

Squrrel

I mean, I did get that it was supposed to be the equivalent of the "Tobey Maguire slams into a building the first time he tries to swing from a web" thing. It's a new, young Batman.

But this wasn't even an origin story. This was him on his second year being at it. He's been going around calling himself "Batman" without even jumping off of one rooftop for over a year? He gave himself a flying animal theme without once gliding or leaping through the air?

It just… even for a different take, it's hard to buy Batman getting this far, and still gulping before he jumps from a height. It's not like young Peter Parker going from nerd to having to swing for the first time, because he just got bit by a spider. Or young Clark Kent flying for the first time. He's been Batman for over a year, and he trained to be Batman for years before that, whereas other superheroes never trained before jumping into it.

The Batman Begins scene makes a bit more sense. His first time leaping, his problem isn't being scared of the height. He's so fucking nuts that he's committed to it and just does it. His problem is being sloppy, not as prepared as he thinks, lacking the tools, and not yet having had built up the mystique/persona that makes being cool and badass effortless. So he fumbles it and looks ridiculous. And it's a funnier scene.

>I AM THE NIGHT

Attached: 03-12-2016-03decflyingsquirrel.jpg (406x337, 13.72K)

>But this wasn't even an origin story. This was him on his second year being at it. He's been going around calling himself "Batman" without even jumping off of one rooftop for over a year? He gave himself a flying animal theme without once gliding or leaping through the air?
What's hard to believe about this? As far as we know the worst this Batman has had to deal with is the Riddler and maybe the Joker, neither of which are big "oh shit I have to jump off a roof" villains. He's just been beating up random thugs besides them

i thought it was from the musical Rent

omg, that explains so much about Doug!
hes obviously terminally ill!

...is that something that happens in The Batman?

>He's been going around calling himself "Batman" without even jumping off of one rooftop for over a year?
I doubt he did any major jumps like he did in this movie, maybe some parkour style jumps from building to building, but nothing close to diving off a building of that height and to the street below

Yeah he uses a fleight suit to escape the police off the top of the Gotham police building. He eats shit after his parachute catches on a low bridge.

I guess… I guess it's just hard to imagine Batman just… walking.

Like, on the ground.

user that's a weird take

Two words. Roller. Skates.
Thoughts?

Attached: 1621423210528.jpg (1280x1909, 819.51K)

>You can't just have Batman fly with his cape, that's so stupid and unrealistic, comic books are so childish...
>BATMAN WEARING A BIG DUMB STUPID GARBAGE BAG? HOLY SCIENCE HOW HECKING EPIC!!!

Idk if it were my first attempt at flying, I'd probably go with the fly suit first before testing out cape wings

Ladies and gentleman your nu-batman

batPatrick

>criminals are a superstitious cowardly lo..
>HOLY SHIT ALFRED DID YOU SEE THAT SQUIRREL I WANT IWANT I WANT I WANT

Attached: batman.png (424x879, 426.13K)

I wonder if this is how actual free fall suits came to be

I want to see a parody where he uses the symbol of a bat because bats frighten him, but he also remains scared of bats, and he walks by a mirror and spooks himself

Because cape gliding isnt realistic and these movies are always trying to be as realistic as possible because comic books are for nerds who smell bad.

He's always been inspired by his dad's dress sense.

Attached: woman-afraid-of-her-own-face-mask-in-mirror-reflection-scared-gif-animation.gif (500x225, 1.95M)

To be fair, a fairly clever thing about the film is how it potentially baits you into expecting an origin story - both because of it being a reboot and because it opens with a scene of rich people playing with their kid pretending to be a hero, who you might take to be the Waynes - but then shows you that it isn't an origin story... Before actually ending up being an origin story since it's Batman going from Muh Vengeance to actually being a superhero. It's the origin of Batman the Hero rather than Batman in general. We're at a point where he's yet to meet Catwoman, the Penuin isn't a full villain, Gordon isn't a Comissioner, he's fighting the less outlandish criminals that are more down-to-earth like Falcone, etc.

I'm sad we didn't get a scene of him blasting into the crime families dinner party/meeting, but then again, they would probably have gone with that pissed himself retcon too.

Attached: 4645768-7654627520.gif (250x250, 123.36K)

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they went with this because its an "evolving" batman. Same reason he never threw any batarangs, he's got a lot to learn.

Thats also why he crashed after doing it. It's made to look a little silly and amateurish, not necessarily realistic.

I could have done without the clearly fatal bounce against the bridge, and just stumbling off and fine a few hours later, but yeah. I'm more interested as to whether they are going to try and use this as a springboard, Iron-Man style, for a new Cinematic Universe attempt.

kill yourself

synergy?

Nolan more or less invented the cape glider, classically he swung around like Spider-Man

this, i don't think people realise how recent the gliding cape is, pretty much the nolan films and the arkham games popularised it

Keep in mind this is a post Arkham game world. A lot of people have experienced, or grew up, playing games where you enter Batman's world and see how he moves around. The Gotham games are already scaled down from a real city and even those feel like they'd be too big to just traverse by foot.

Are you guys fucking retarded?

Attached: 6eb6085c84753b4666c821bc3029b61c_crop_exact.jpg (637x358, 42.09K)

>the virgin Pattinson
>the chad Keaton

Attached: michael-keaton-batman-returns.gif (640x360, 1.09M)

Keaton was just making his debut in Gotham. Most people still thought he was a myth in Batman 89.

Keaton was a seasoned Batman, not a year 2 Batman, so yeah

Keaton was a total badass in Batman 89. Some people have it and some people don't

based retard

meant for

I do hope they bring in the batwings in the second movie.

Total wingsuit is pretty damn stupid

>Nolan more or less invented the cape glider
Retard