Black people get Black Panther and Storm

>black people get Black Panther and Storm
>Asian people get Shang-Chi and Jubilee
>latin americans get fucking America Chavez the 2nd Miss America and Robbie Reyes the THIRD Ghost Rider
How did latin people get so fucked over by capeshit?

Attached: Ghost_Rider_(Robbie_Reyes).jpg (256x389, 30.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUHVOxyOEU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J6m6jOKIbIg&t=708s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why did you only list Marvel characters? But for what it's worth, Robbie is a good character. DC has
>Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes
>Jessica Cruz
>Sideways
>Renee Montoya
>Fire

White Tiger and Reptil were getting pushed in animation for a bit there.

Also Rictor and Sunspot.

Y'all forgot Spider-Man

Attached: 150623-miles-morales-1535.jpg (760x686, 175.9K)

I mean Rictor and Sunspot exist, not that they've been pushed too.

black spider-man? eh

If you actually read the OP, you'd recognize that he's looking for characters who *aren't* legacies.

hes supposed to be half spic, but no one brings it up until people complain about latino representation.

Not that user but that's kind of silly when he lists Black Panther, whom himself is a legacy

A legacy of all black guys.

Are we going to ignore the ghost rider that OP post?

You're nitpicking, T'Challa was the first Black Panther to be created IRL.

spics consider him a nigger more than a spic

t. spic

You mean Ghost Rider 3? As in, the one that comes after Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch?

Isn't he really just black anyway. Why pretend

Who cares? All my favorite characters are white anyways.
>t. hispanic from both sides of the family.

That’s why they’re making Namor and Atlantis into Latino for the MCU.

That's not a nitpick, that's a fact? Johnny isn't even the original Ghost Rider

Hispanics never got an equivalent of blm or stop asian hate to push for a social power grab.

who the fuck are shang-chi and jubilee

isn't Ghost Rider a bigger legacy now? and even then, wasn't there a latina that was a Ghost Rider before Robbie?

White Tiger. A legacy of Hispanics.

What are your favorite characters?

Not even that but the original Ghost Rider was a cowboy wearing white

Robbie Reyes is good though. I guess he got canceled before they could ruin him. They also get Spiderman 2099, Blue Beetle, Bane, and a few others and only some of those characters are criminal involved with drugs.

Reptil and White Tiger

Hes marvels shrodingers poc. Hes whatever they need him to be for representation points.

You don't understand human emotion, do you? OP wants to hear about a character who's their own character, not someone who has a number at the end of their name. It's not a complicated fuckin' concept.

If Black Panther is the top black person in comics. And Shang Chi is the top Asian person in comics.

Then who is the top Latino?

Black Spider-man

Araña was better before they shoehorned her into the Spider-Man legacy

Miles is odd.
He's both black and puertorrican, but nothing in him screams racial identity on either side. I get they weren't trying to make him a walking cliche, but he could be race changed into a white, asian or whatever kid and nothing in his characterization would change aside from random spanish words when he's speaking to Rio.

>Shang-Chi and Jubilee
Really nigga? Those are the ones that come to mind? Katana, Orphan, Psylocke (Technically), Sunfire, and even Silk, Ms Marvel, and the Big Hero 6 come to mind first.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUHVOxyOEU

Shang Chi comics in at #1. While Jubilee is # 5, behind Damien, Kamala and Psylocke.

Its almost like he's a non-character who exists solely to check boxes...

>Ms Marvel
Are either of you guys Asian? I thought most Asians agree when they are taling about 'Asian' representation or characters they mean east Asian, not middle eastern/indian/brownies.

>forgetting the biggest Chad

Attached: sunspot.jpg (800x1059, 430.9K)

LatinX people also get Jaime Reyes. He makes up for all of it so stop your bitching. Nobody else cares.

>Noooo he's not like (insert minority) trope, he's basically just a white guy!!!
>Noooo, you can't make a (insert minority) character's only trait their (insert minority)!!!! they have to be a character outside of that!!! The best (insert minority) characters are written as characters first!!!!

Make up your mind holy fuck

Attached: npcForwardFacing.jpg (490x586, 18.56K)

He’s definitely the #1 Latino hero at DC.

I believe OP was asking for just Marvel.

>making up people just to bitch about something

Attached: batman doesn't get it.jpg (1280x720, 59.41K)

Doesn’t matter.
Middle East, Indian….that’s all in the continent of Asia.
Therefore they are Asian.

Bitch. If talking to an Japanese person, they would make the distinction between Japanese and Chinese and Korean and vice versa.

But they are their own character? Casual

>The third Blue beetle
>the 6th human lantern and gorillianth lantern period
>The second Question
Sideways is dope and I always liked Fire though she's not exactly original, spicy latina with fire powers lol

Is Spider-Man 2099 Latino or at least half? His name is Miguel.

White Tiger (legacy of Latin), Vibe, Sunspot, Reptil

I understand that. Im asking if you are Asian and think that way or if your white/black/latino/other and think that way. I am Paki and most Koreans and Japs i met would say I was 'technically' Asian but not actually considered Asian by any of them. When they say Asian they are making a racial distinction not a geographical one.

1. Shang Chi sucks as Asians' key representation that actually plays into an Asian culture. He's the son of Fu Manchu. That's his whole deal, that Fu Manchu trained him to be a kung-fu assassin and then he broke away from him and fights him. Imagine if the key Black superhero character, one of the few that gets a movie, was the son of Gus the black guy from Birth of a Nation. That's what it's like to have your most prominent Asian rep be the son of a Yellow Peril character. And the movies thought they could solve this by combining dad with ANOTHER yellow peril supervillain they had already chickened out of using, and changing the name. Except he's still Fu Manchu. He does all the same things Fu Manchu does in the comics and stories they're based on, still is a Chinese mastermind warlord hungry to dominate the rest of the world. They just add more stuff centering the wife character, so they don't have to focus on that as much. So the Chinese-themed movie doesn't even get a Chinese mainland release.
2. Robbie Reyes is badass. His comic isn't held back by that level of out-of-date racial baggage, he's a cool character good motivations and a stylish spin on the Ghost Rider design. And then his adaptation is to be a side character on Agents of SHIELD. So capeshit comics didn't fuck over Latinos, the movie side did. And Asian people aren't really getting something all that better.

>Imagine if the key Black superhero character, one of the few that gets a movie, was the son of Gus the black guy from Birth of a Nation
Mate, Black-Spider-Man's dad is named after the President of the Confederacy lmfao

>hispanic character
>every other sentence is fucking spanish for no reason
We're just caricatures in comics and for some reason it's perfectly okay.

See

Top Latino superheroes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J6m6jOKIbIg&t=708s

You guys have Zorro though.

Both in literature, film and comics.

But that's a name, and they'd already been making tons of black superheroes for decades before him. There's not just black superteam members and Black headliners who play heavily into African culture, there's black characters who represent African-American culture, and are homages to African-American cinema. There's Black heirs to previously white high-status characters and an original black half-vampire vampire hunter. There's choices. There's no comparison between that and the Asian representation.

You said imagine...? And I gave you something worse than what you said to imagine lmfao

it seems like spics are not as hung up with these "representation issues" as other minorities
t. dirty spic

>>The third Blue beetle
That phrasing is purely disingenuous

Almost nobody knows the Golden Age, so Dan Garrett wasn't a factor. Ted Kord wasn't an in-house creation, so he was generally treated like a joke.

Jaime Reyes' run ties the three Blue Beetles into an actual legacy. He isn't just a copy of the two before him; he has his own unique set of powers and his own design.

tl;dr - Fuck off with deliberately misleading phrasing.

Attached: Jaime_Reyes.jpg (640x960, 106.48K)

>And I gave you something worse than what you said to imagine
You really don't know what Birth of a Nation is, do you?

Zoro though

racism

Ya, birth of the Nation is definitely worse than being the president of the confederacy lmfao holy shit. No one even knows who made Birth of a Nation. There are still schools and monuments up of the president of the confederacy. You're a fucking moron.

Do you think Spider-Man's father is actually the president of the Confederacy? Nobody even cares about what you're talking about dude. There was a whole animated movie a couple years ago that got great reviews that had Miles' dad in it, and nobody even commented on this. There was no controversy. Meanwhile, Shang Chi is banned in China.

Look I'm sorry you didn't like the analogy I used, but do you not see the larger point? Do you actually think Asian people have as good of representation in cape comics and movies as Black people?

I was just referring to OP saying he was looking for non legacy characters you absolute fucking retard. Also fuck off if you don't like Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire Ted.

>Chinese people get Shang-Chi and Jubilee

Wasn't Alejandra the Ghost Rider before Robbie?

You mean Asian Americans right? because the asian comic market is literally bigger than the American comic market.

>You mean Asian Americans right?
No I mean any people of Asian descent in the American superhero comic market, because that's what this entire thread has been about since the original post, and this is the western comics and cartoons board.

>Do you actually think Asian people have as good of representation in cape comics and movies as Black people?
Cant we all agree that they are both over represented in Western media as it is?

Not until the specific White superhero you that you personally like the most is permanently replaced with a Black or Asian version, just to annoy you.