Oscars joke about how parents 'endure' animation and reveals to the entire world that the academy will never see...

>Oscars joke about how parents 'endure' animation and reveals to the entire world that the academy will never see animation as a real medium
>Netflix completely axes it's future animation lineup and touts that it wants more shows like Boss Baby
>New animation deal is going fucking nowhere

2022 is the year that puts cartoons back in their place. How's that make you feel Yea Forums?

Attached: file.png (1600x902, 843.47K)

Bad?

>puts cartoons back in their place
were cartoons ever respected?

What was OP going for?

Good
Animation industry needs to be destroyed before it can rebuild

All of this will just make people go indie and make more creative unrestrained shit. Fuck studios.

OP what is the point of making this thread?

>>Oscars joke about how parents 'endure' animation and reveals to the entire world that the academy will never see animation as a real medium
Why do people care so much about the Oscars? Seriously these are the same people who made a new category for Marvel movies (which then proceeded to be won by a non-marvel ironically enough), the same people who are drunk with the power of their Twitter accounts but can't say anything meaningful on account of one ass hole full of cocaine.

As other anons have stated, I think this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it will probably weed out a lot of the fame seeking garbage we have had recently

Based.
Death to the industrialization of animation.

>New animation deal is going fucking nowhere
To the surprise of no one.

If you need an award show to reassure you of your interests than you aren't a real fan of the medium

i ratjer have animation death than seeing another western cartoon copy anime or be as cringey as the mitchelles

Why do people hate animation so much in this world?

Attached: 1650506319530.jpg (1280x720, 112.07K)

Stop watching kiddie shit.

People are desperate to prove that they've made progress as a human being as they get older and that means discarding what they enjoyed as kids as beneath them.

Based, we honestly have the tools at this point to make really good shit without studios but people just don't know how to organize it right.

desu the fact that the industry is still centered around California makes no fucking sense. I want cartoons made by actual human beings not bay area insects

It won't lead to reform. If anything, this will embolden companies to double down on safe crap that sells, Netflix will continue to churn out Big Mouth and its spin offs, animation will be shipped overseas to workers that cannot unionize, and movies will be exclusively cookie cutter IP shit and endless reboots/reimaginings.

Honestly, I think it all stems from jealousy. Got to put down what is better than you. Especially for actors, who think so much of their stage presence (almost amusing considering the state of acting today) and have high levels of narcissism in general.
That and very few can actually do it well (in the grand spectrum of things) so it's inherently a minority.

This

>were cartoons ever respected?
Only by children, 20-something year old lesbians, boomers and autists.

Normie cred

now if only we could eliminate 3 of those markets.

The "Popular Film" one?

Because too much bad animation gets made

Not since Beauty and the Beast got nominated for Best Picture. There's been a psy-op to infantilize animation since then.

>>Oscars joke about how parents 'endure' animation and reveals to the entire world that the academy will never see animation as a real medium
they literally never said that, all they joked about was that if an animated movie is really good, kids will want to watch them over and over because of how good they are with an obviously sarcastic remark about parents watching cartoons with their kids
apparently animationfags are giant pussies that get their panties in a twist over any remark and have to make disingenuous arguments in order to be taken seriously
either that or they're autistic to a retarded degree and can't discern tone and still react the same way as above

Attached: 1647971427095.png (360x360, 141.13K)

It makes me hopeful that cartoons that are just fun will be made again, instead of needlessly bitter woke garbage that has to insult the intended audience to seem more "artistic".

>with an obviously sarcastic remark about parents watching cartoons with their kids
this
I ain't an Oscars bootlicker but you motherfuckers are autistic to the extreme it's insane any of you can even function

Yeah, the Silent and Greatest generation enjoyed them but the Hayes code essentially gutted adult animation

>The Hayes Office gave Walt shit over Clarabelle Cows bouncing udders.

The Bay Area and LA present different forms of cultural rot.

Lmao no it will not. Talk to anyone in the industry they will never make shit they all just want to make the same slop

Fucking this.

Watch things for grown ups

The bay area is like 500 miles from where animation is made

Explain. To me, most of south central California seems to present the sort of cultural rot to my eyes

>I ain't an Oscars bootlicker
Then why's your breath smell like shoe polish?

>I'm glad western animation isn't getting any respect or effort and makes people to continue to consume eastern media

Attached: 1459565490717.jpg (486x296, 25.91K)

get into vidya

:^)

>"no u" ad hominem
seethe more

aw is the baby upset someone made fun of their retardation

The bay area isn’t in Southern California you moron 12 year old. Get a grasp on basic geography before you post

Not him but all of California should be nuked tbqh
t. Californian

California is the best state in the nation. All other states are for poor and ugly peoples

>California is the best state in the nation. All other states are for poor and ugly peoples

Attached: 28658B60-7BD4-498E-80B6-00F67803B8C7.png (280x270, 38.37K)

Troll threads are against Global Rule 3 and must be reported ASAP for the greater good.

You’ll never lose your virginity

nthing this, that whole joke got blown up. It really shows how many people aren't parents.

dangerously based sexts

Isaac Newton, Tesla, and the wise Tibetan monks died virgins.

user, don't you have a junkie to get stabbed by?

Very nice

Attached: 1442654739757.jpg (500x500, 18.52K)

>only California has homeless people
You seem smart

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all those earthquakes, forest fires, and large swarms of homeless junkies fucking and shitting in the streets.

American animation will be destroyed and replaced, not rebuilt.

Attached: 6060842.jpg (640x360, 127.72K)

>It really shows how many people aren't parents.
Or that many animation community/industry folks have skin with the consistency of 1 ply toilet paper.

>all the other states are for poor and ugly peoples
>t. state with highest spic population and highest homeless population
??

Lmao, why would you want to associate yourself with a bunch of fucking nerds that never scored

Better a nerd than a mindless breeder

Fuck China