The funniest part of this movie is how Penguin and Selina keep calling Bruce "Vengeance"

The funniest part of this movie is how Penguin and Selina keep calling Bruce "Vengeance"

Attached: Batman and Catwoman.png (1280x720, 863.44K)

Not funny.
Didn't laugh.

Good

Better that the night

unironically when all the criminals asked who he was he said vengeance so they assumed that was his name and not Batman although Riddler refers to him as Batman which is weird

Because that's literally what Bruce called himself when people asked who he was he never said Batman, he called himself Vengeance. Other people called him Batman

the media calls him batman

>be edgy vigilante
>name yourself something cool
>"Vengeance seems intimidating"
>tell it to all your victims
>media brushes it off
>calls you something campy like Batman

This is what happens when the people making a Batman movie hate the fact that they’re making a Batman movie.

I can’t wait for the next movie when people start calling him Hope

Dumbass lmao, this is more Batman than Bales "I'll fight two or three criminals then retire." He IS vengeance, or at least, he's supposed to be.

>Because that's literally what Bruce called himself when people asked who he was he never said Batman
He only said that to those Clown dudes, he never said that to either Selina or Penguin

At least bale wasn’t wearing hockey pads. This is Batman for zoomers who care more about BLM than Batman.

Zoomies defend this trash heap like minnies defend the Snyderverse and zoomers defend Keaton. It’s cult like and pathetic.

Patiently waiting for a Batman that wears trunks and fabric and kicks ass like in Kung fu movies

Sure thing, user. Good stuff.

Xoomers defend Keaton *

It's a bit of camp I appreciate. People are not treating this Batman like some creature of fear, despite what he says, but see him as he is: A nut job in a gimp suit.
Feel kinda like Adam West, even if the overall tone and esthetic is very different.

Wasn't he? I mean, they just said in-universe that his pads were super high tech armor.

Sad but true

>People are not treating this Batman like some creature of fear
They did in the opening where many of the crimes saw the signal and were basically pissing themselves looking into the darkness after

Yeah, graffiti artists and shit. Not real criminals.

>bank robbers and muggers aren't real criminals

This was the epitome of a 5/10 film. The director did nothing to suspend my disbelief: batman looked like an awkward dork surrounded by real cops doing real cop work; he looked like an awkward dork when helping to airlift people to safety; he looked like an awkward dork whenever the script called for him to do anything vaguely human and the camera wasn't focused on his face alone. It is always going to look a little silly, having some dweeb with bat ears running around playing ninja, but this film in particular made him seem totally out of place.

The pacing was truly abysmal - an hour's worth of content spread out over three. I want to see Paterson do well, I do, but, in this film at least, he acted like a bored schoolboy.

The narrative was tiresome: rich, thuggish emo beats up a bunch of unhinged nerds with valid social grievances, but it's OK because a neo-liberal black woman takes office at the end. I mean... really? That's it? That's your solution to the very real misery caused by Gotham's complex interplay of corruption, legacy, and perennial secrecy?

Paul Dano, I am sorry, but Paul Dano simply cannot act. I don't care that he isn't traditionally good-looking; that doesn't somehow entitle him to praise. The cookie-cutter script did him no favors, but that part where he was supposed to be freaking out in Arkham over Batman's rejection of his ideals was really poor. Go back and re-watch just that one scene - it's like something from a high school play.

Overall, I think the movie had one or two interesting concepts - I will say, I liked the idea of a less experienced batman - but the execution in every case fell flat.

I stopped reading after the first sentence

>Paul Dano simply cannot act
i only perused your essay but this is just silly. He held his own, and more, against DDL at his most maniacal.

>I can't speed read five paragraphs
Being stupid isn't something to be proud of.

No he didn't. He gave an extremely generic performance as the prototypical "unhinged mastermind." There was nothing unique or noteworthy about his attempt here.

This so much. We're all obligated to read however many paragraphs user chooses to write. His opinions are just that special.

DDL refers to Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood, Dano's breakout role. There's no capes in it though, no post-credits scene, and it's unfortunately self-contained, so I wouldn't fault you for having skipped it.

Nobody is demanding that you read anything. You are on a forum dedicated to showcasing the opinions of others, however; and signaling the fact that you have a hard time reading five paragraphs is very funny.

I know what DDL stands for. I am focusing on the topic of this thread. There Will Be Blood was overrated at any rate.

When someone says "x cannot act," in the context of a specific film, you're not supposed to try and literally list off every other film where you feel he did act well. Are you autistic? Have you never heard of hyperbole? Obviously, we're talking about him in the context of the Batman film.

This was something I was wondering about. How fucking often would be have to introduce himself as "Vengeance" for it to become a meme in Gotham that his name is "Vengeance?" Like, if he just directly introduces himself to the mooks he beats up, the only way this name would spread is word-of-mouth through the criminal underworld. And that would easily get swamped out by the fact that "Batman" is the name used in the media, and what most people would default to calling him.

So, in order for "Vengeance" to be heard enough to make it stick even amongst people who had never met him… he had to have been autistically using the "Vengeance" line pretty often. It couldn't have just been a badass one-liner he thought of in that one moment. This guys been going around saying the "Vengeance" thing to different people for the better part of two years.

I bet he sounded really proud when he pitched it to Alfred. "Bad guys always ask me what I am. I finally thought of something cool to say. Get this, Alfred, you're gonna love it. Next time somebody asks me who or what I am, I look them in the eye and say I'M VENGEANCE."

>Paul Dano, I am sorry, but Paul Dano simply cannot act.
Watch the Sopranos

Petty criminals. The real bad guys, gangsters and stuff, just see him as a dude.

Like most Hollywood actors, he plays slight variations of the same character over and over again.

You should have been more specific the first time.

Is there anything wrong with that?

If he plays that same character really well then he CAN act. Not every actor needs to have Gary Oldman levels of versatility to be considered good.

Attached: tout-gary-oldman-chameleon-movie-roles-ss.png (1434x956, 2.11M)

>criticize The Batman
>B-but the Nolan movies!!

Every single time lol.

>Is there anything wrong with that?
Yes. It isn't acting. Garry Oldman - now that's an actor.

>You are on a forum dedicated to showcasing the opinions of others
And your opinions demonstrated one sentence in that they didn't deserve the showcase. No one had a hard time reading, we had a hard time stomaching your shitty views.

That's like saying LeBron James can't play basketball because he had a bad game. Qualify your statements better. You said Paul Dano can't act, which is incorrect.

>dress like a bat
>get called Batman

Is Bruce a retard?

The clown dudes were recording the whole thing because they were going to stream themselves jumping the Asian guy. Presumably the video took off and that’s how other people know about it.

>It isn't acting.
Define acting

How is his character in Youth the same as in the Good Heart?

His role in Sopranos isn't anything like his role in The Batman or 12 Days a Slave. WTF are you talking about?

Bats don't have ears like in his cowl and his emblem looks nothing like a Bat, I don't know wtf they were thinking with that btw. In universe its pretty weird that someone looks at him and thinks "Bat."

I want a Stardust movie.

Attached: 011F2526-9E44-4EBB-88A4-895723AD77BC.jpg (211x239, 24.7K)

Oh yeah, Brian Wilson was TOTALLY the same character as Dwayne Hoover.

Attached: rs-198191-R1237_FOB_Dano_Witt_A.jpg (1800x1200, 607.43K)

The Batman being as loved as it is just solidifies the fact that all people care about anymore is aesthetic. It's what makes for good social media content. Sure this movie looked fantastic but the plot and characterization is fucking terrible. Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman might be the worst Selina Kyle ever portrayed in any Batman media. Riddler's plan is absolutely nonsensical and requires stupid shit like setting up a projecting screen in an abandoned orphanage. Batman doesn't solve a single riddle and requires that the fucking Penguin translate some basic Spanish for him

I'd take great looking aesthetic with a nonsensical plot over samey ugly color graded MCU shit any day of

Attached: mcu-favorites-list-07.jpg (1899x784, 272.54K)

So is this also hyperbole, or?

Probably the most realistic thing to happen in the movie

yeah bro, thats the only other option

retard

I thought it was funny that the hispanic cop gave away the carpet tucker one and not the rata one.

*the week

>It's LA Rata not EL Rata!
>World's Greatest Detectives! Can't even understand basic Spanish!

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-21-00h49m36s485.png (1920x804, 466.21K)

Paul Dano CAN act, just because he was goofy and unintimidating here doesn't discredit his entire filmography.

Besides, it's the fucking Riddler. They were never gonna make this character NOT goofy.

Attached: 8398567-0b.jpg (387x960, 218.2K)

>Bats don't have ears like in his cowl and his emblem looks nothing like a Bat

Are you taking the piss or are you blind?

Yeah, the problem however is that you don't know if the goofiness is intentional or the film actually wants you to believe he is scary.

Somehow
>The absolute bottom feeders of the criminal element fear me
doesn't carry that much weight.

So you've shifted the definition of people then

It's intentional.

He's only indented to be scary or at least intimidating during the first and second half. Once his true motivation is revealed. You see him for he really is. A pathetic psychopathic attention whore.

Attached: cover3.jpg (1246x900, 314.55K)

If it was referring to Falcone, then why was is Rata Alada female, anyway. Falcon is a male noun in Spanish.

Not him but have you actaully seen what Bat ears look like?

Rata Alada are just feminine words, they don't necessarily connote that the person being referred to is a woman. Either way, it's a stupid riddle because it just strings Batman along when the Riddler could've just told him it was Falcone. Falcone almost dies to Selina because Riddler was doing his stupid game.

Not really, it's just a way of mentioning them. When you say "the real X" it signifies that those are the ones that carry importance.
Sorry if you misunderstood it.

Yeah, but the default/neutral would be rato alado. The fact he changed it is weird if it's not part of the riddle.

"EL rata" is an absolutely valid name to refer to a person. I.e. if you're taking about a good called the rat who is male, people can often refer to him as EL rata even when the animal rat has a La article preceding it and is a female-gendered word.