I have never seen this guy in anything outside of Spider-Man TAS. Why is he so fucking lame...

I have never seen this guy in anything outside of Spider-Man TAS. Why is he so fucking lame? That cartoon was pretty influential in SM media, and he was a primary villain for like two seasons. How can we fix him?

Attached: screenshot-2021-02-16-at-21.40.00-e1613783728387[1].png (1568x977, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thegreengoblinshideout.com/osborn-industries-oscorp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wasn't he the main antagonist of The Amazing Spider-Man's video game?

His weird fleshy tentacles creeped me out as a kid. They were just there.

I always thought he was an Original Character because they needed the Kingpin to have a Scientist working for him.

This dudes got a mullet, hooves, and some gross ass things coming out of his back. The hells going on here?

I thought they looked pretty cool.

For failing the Kingpin too many times, he had Smythe turned into a Cyborg so he could kill Spider-Man personally.

>how can we fix the character I know nothing about
Are casuals really?

Dan Slott really tried to make Smythe a thing in his run, even making sure to bring him back to life after he was killed off, but after he left nobody cared.

Attached: alistair-smythe-2a40e755-fe3a-4ceb-9e0d-15ba8e206fe-resize-750.jpg (750x788, 136.53K)

>I have never seen this guy in anything outside of Spider-Man TAS
He was in some 90s Spider-Man title pencilled by Mark Bagley.

His design is shit, they should've kept with the weird flesh shit.

>They were just there
They shoot lasers.

Isn't it just a suit that looks fleshy?

>suddenly we're Yea Forums
gtfo

Even if it is, keeping it looking fleshy would've given him more of his own visual identity.

The 90s brah

Attached: tumblr_mh098yGNRf1r8g9wdo1_640.jpg (372x872, 204.01K)

still, what purpose does the hooves serve. How do they make him better at killing Spider-Man?

Remember when Spider-Man fought Megazord?

Attached: return-of-the-spider-slayers-spider-man[1].jpg (900x678, 126.13K)

I had that toy!

Well they are claw-tipped, so they can probably dig into surfaces, and since it's a weird cybernetic stuff, probably has crazy muscle strength in the entire leg so he can move fast and jump good

>That cartoon was pretty influential in SM media
was it? What effect did it have?

ITS WEIGHT

Attached: FlameGiddy.jpg (362x257, 25.9K)

Venom coming to Earth on the space shuttle and not The Secret Wars.

Are you talking about what happened in Sami Raimi's third Spider-Man movie?
You know, that seems like the kind of idea people could have independent of each other, given how basic it is

He literally made a shot identical to the cartoon (the one against the skyscraper's windows).

Venom takes the shuttle in the recent movie series. And the shuttle was piloted by JJ's son, which was also the case in the cartoon.

huh.
Sorry, haven't seen the movie in about a decade, or the cartoon in about 20 years

In the comic they were sharp stabby tentacles.

For one the term "Oscorp" is a cartoon's invention.
thegreengoblinshideout.com/osborn-industries-oscorp

Norman Osborn having dissasociative personalitt disorder instead of just an amnesiac
Doc Ock being a mentor to Peter

That was originally meant to be the opening to Spider-Man 3, which would lead to Spidey getting the key to the city or something like that.

Raimi just used the cartoon as a reference for his version of Venom.

>Symbiote comes to earth on a shuttle/meteorite
>The symbiote attaches itself to a sleeping Peter who then wakes up starring at a reflection of himself in the black suit while hanging upside down just like the cartoon
>The suit starts turning Peter aggressive and cocky just like in the cartoon
>Eddie makes fake photos of Spider-Man committing crimes just like in the cartoon

>First episode of Batman TAS is him with Manbat
>First episode of Spider-Man is him with this

The 90s were really on the nose about the themes were they?

Well technically he fought Lizard first. Spider-Slayers were episodes 2 and 3

Me too!

He's one of the best characters on the show, and highly entertaining in it.

Attached: spidertierlist.jpg (2893x1840, 2.99M)

Taina is fine, needs to be higher. Probably one of the few times a child character didn't annoy the fuck out of me in a 90s cartoon.

was Blade mixed-race in this?

who's Taina? Is this him?

Attached: Skate watches.jpg (384x285, 70.26K)

And? What I said is still true, he reused the same shot in the same context.

It's not revealed who his father is in this show that I can recall, but I think he's half black.

Most of the episodes he is in are low budget, with plenty of corners cut. So you'll see Blade in 4 different environments in the span of 2 minutes when he's suppose to be in 1 room.

Make a Wish episode, little girl.

>Make a Wish episode, little girl.
oh, cheers

I never got he was ripped as fuck even though he spent all day in a chair, even before he was turned into a monster

I remember this guy because me and my friend made fun of him and that he is pretty lame.

Then when my friend had his birthday my mom bought his figure and I had to give him to my friend.

I still remember my friend's disappointing face.

Oh God, was that a Mary Jane robot? I vaguely remember that.

user ... he's half vampire
Being mixed is his defining trait

In the comics, he was originally a fat, disgusting troll of a man who thought MJ was Spider-Man and tried to make her confess it.

Fuck off OP.

Comic version was just a generic evil scientist out for revenge for his generic evil scientist dad and having a petty tyrant workshop in his lab killing defenseless scientist he forced to work for him while they are chained to chairs.

TAS was much more sympathetic (much like tas Mr Freeze), His dad was a genuinely decent person who appeared to be killed while pressured into doing questionable stuff (capturing spider-man) in order to get funding to help Alistair with his disability by Osborn & secretly Kingpin behind Norman.
Alistair then works for Kingpin to get Revenge on Osborn, JJJ & Spider-Man who he feels caused the death of his dad.

The transformation into the Ultimate Slayer is eventually forced onto him (unlike the comics) when he tries to do the right thing and betray the Kingpin.
His father is revealed to be alive and so his quest for revenge is over but his dad is still in a coma and so he still is pushed to desperate criminal measures.

literally just scorpion but worse

He is much more sympathetic, charismatic and cool than Gargan in the show. And if I recall correctly in one of his later appearances he rekts Scorpion.

>I have never seen this guy in anything outside of Spider-Man
He was in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Played by BJ Novak (Mindy Kaling baby daddy)

That's even worse.

Think he was the mid boss

did anyone else find this cartoon scary?

Goddamnit I always wanted that but I grew up in a poorfag family.

d'oh!

Same, I imagined he was filling in because they couldn't use Jackal for some reason, which is why he was a weird mutant.

I think he actually betrayed the Kingpin. Wasn’t he leaking information to Spider-Man or something?

I think Venom being an Earth creation would’ve made more sense for the live-action movies.

“Hydrant-Man? The dogs must love you!”

I kek’d.

Attached: Spider Slayer5.webm (768x576, 2.6M)