Goodbye, Netflix Animation

Goodbye, Netflix Animation...

Attached: 29E28743-5140-4FEB-BC3B-B8F08A521C08.jpg (1192x1395, 277.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/prod_animation/status/1515015561226371074
twitter.com/bhaist/status/1514752419241943040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gotta stop with the Binge format.

So who turned out to be sexting 16-year-old girls (unthinkable) this time?

This is what happens when you lose star trek TNG

Attached: 1649898264931.jpg (997x750, 99.29K)

Is it because the pandemic is more relaxed now? Like there's no way they could compete with the numbers back when everyone was home.

Maybe get some watchable movies instead of foreign indie garbage and originals that nobody asked for

Now all they have to do is put ads and we'll back to the good old days of cable.

Now they’re the Blockbuster of the streaming era

So where the fuck are they going? I thought streaming services were the future.

Attached: 013.jpg (580x580, 196.42K)

Heh...
It’s funny you say that...

Attached: A3086298-04CD-4087-A702-893C60BCA85F.jpg (1194x1452, 948.86K)

serves them right for cancelling faust's show

I'm willing to bet this is the main cause.

No one, they are upping the price in the worst way possible.

Oh no...Not Netflix animation....

It's certainly a contributing factor no doubt. But I imagine this was inevitable regardless. When you can just binge stuff there's no reason to stick with it unless they keep putting out quality, which they very much haven't.

???????? Feels like every show I've watched lately has gone back to the dogshit episode a week bullshit

Attached: Not even close to the rage I feel.jpg (560x5448, 801.87K)

Combination of that and way more competition than even a couple years back.

Sooner or later the advertising economy needs to die.

Yes, but most of the major studios decided to start their own streaming services, which leaves Netflix with scraps.

Correct

Just pirate

user it already died

>twitter.com/prod_animation/status/1515015561226371074
>twitter.com/bhaist/status/1514752419241943040

Attached: FQZqn6fXMAsc4XT.jpg (519x924, 100.73K)

Hedgefunds seem to be tje cause.

>So where the fuck are they going?
Disney+, HBOmax and whatever other services. They aren't the only game in town anymore

I am glad I voluntarily use "other services" despite having family members who have accounts they are willing to share.

Attached: 1649857668884.gif (286x258, 2.39M)

It certainly is a part of it. Some of the 2 million was likely from losing Russia due to sanctions as well. We'll have to see how Disney is doing to confirm this though.

Maybe if Netflix didn't cancel 90% of the shows they make after the first season.

Can't watch a single thing because they all leave on cliff hangers at the end of the first season then nothing else.

>Netflix subscription costs more than my phone plan
>all the movies and Adult Swim shows on HBO
>all the animoos and FOX shows on Hulu
>all the ABC shows and Didney shit on Didney+
I forget, why do I even want this service, exactly?

Attached: time-to-die.jpg (1250x800, 163.11K)

If they just condoned Chapelles transphobic rant and fired him they wouldn’t have lost millions of subscribers

>people are generally less conservative about Chinky Flu
>more competition from other services
>Ruskies locked out thanks to Mr. Monke invading Ukraine

Any other major contributing factors?

Remember when people said that streaming services were going to be more cheaper and affordable than cable

They're spending it on food and travel. Inflation is hitting pretty hard and people are cutting costs on entertainment in favor of gas and groceries.

Consult a dictionary.

TV is not worth paying for. I have not watched a single TV show or movie in years. I shouldn't post here either, Yea Forums is like twenty times more worthless than even the shittiest of TV shows.

>Tales of Arcadia pretty much ended
>Hilda nearly ending
>Dark Crystal canned
>Green Eggs and Ham is pretty much done
There’s nothing else worth keeping Netflix for in terms of Yea Forumsntent

I have zero proof but probably growing piracy/pass sharing, because services are quickly becoming exactly like cable and tv and their popularity was purely because they weren't.

>I gladly fork over my shekels for other services, goy!
Imagine being a voluntary cuck instead of a based pirate.

They are. But netflix is not top dog.
We're going into a digital era of studios essentially owning their own theaters now while Netflix is gonna be left in the dust with the scraps.
Even then, those scraps will be taken up by shit like Tubi.

Thank god

Literally everyone is going to pirate everything, aren't they?

Or, sorry, I guess the Boomers and people who can't find good files won't do it. But if you CAN pirate, why wouldn't you?

Attached: aang spin.gif (500x309, 408.11K)

Legitimately, there's 2 more reasons, being
A) They lost a ton of stuff that people loved to watch, and when they had the chance, they didn't do any deal to get new content with these IPs.
B) Their original content, outside of some rare occasions, is not supported enough by Netflix to actually get more interest. Hell, series like Stranger Things somehow got lost due to their lack of push, which include that Dead by Daylight somehow lost the rights to their content, but meanwhile Far Cry 6 gets stuff that doesn't mix well at all with the show?

Anyways, Netflix is pretty much stupid.

>Implying any multi-company streaming service will be around after 3-4 years

all the big companies have wised up enough to know that "Why should we loan out our shows to "X" streaming service when we could be making just as much on our own streaming platform for less"

now all the big studios have to do is offer incentives for show creators to come to their platforms and it will be just like the old days of cable again

Attached: thank you.jpg (284x244, 7.6K)

Content-wise netflix is looking more and more like ass but when it comes to an app that justwerks it's the best one i've tried. I have Hulu, HBO, and Disney, stopped paying for Prime a few months ago, but Netflix worked how I wanted it to work whereas the others failed that very simple task. It manages downloads well, has robust and functional captioning options, modifiable playback speed, remembered my place in a show when i left the app, did picture-in-picture easily, etc. ATT/Warner can't get these very simple things to work to the same extent for whatever stupid fucking reason.

Meh, the only thing I care for is Arcane and chinabux would keep it afloat even if Netflix dies

no spy racers s7 or Arcane s2?

Arcane? Maybe.

>Stranger Things somehow got lost due to their lack of push
Netflix is staunchly against paying any amount of dollars for advertising because they prefer a "sink or swim" model. Surprise surprise, that's how you get your content growth killed. It's hilarious how Yea Forums anons think there are netflix shills among us. As if they would care enough to pay out even a single cent. Now it's biting them hard in the ass.

What about quotations don't you understand, moron?

What is he talking about? Lots of people quit over the Dark Crystal Cuties thing.

Netflix is the only streaming service that constantly error/freezes/locksup/blackscreens/BSOD on my computer.

Yeah the UI is pretty good but there's something in there that's just fucking up on my computer. Also seems to be a very common problem from my searches for solutions.

I don't read minds, you silly jew.

If we really do get de facto cable back, what was streaming even for?

If I have to pay for a bundle of streaming services from the various companies, why did we ever get rid of cable in the first place?

Attached: 1621180539400.jpg (571x460, 26.97K)

They lost Ladybug too.

Dark crystal thing?

Maybe they should've #cancelled Dave Chappelle when they had the chance, now they are paying the price!

Attached: 45454545454545_1.jpg (920x610, 56.35K)

This

My Skeksis can't be this cute.

Nah. I pretty much only bother having a sub somewhere when I can binge it. This once a week nonsense should have died out long ago.

Tubichads, now's our time.

>Netflix has been around for a decade

Is it still on Amazon or is it only Paramount+ now?

Blame Paramount for pulling it from Netflix and Hulu for their shitty service.

it's been around for 25
>1997 was 25 years ago