The Angry Beavers

25 years ago this show debuted

Attached: FQtFHeyXIAQSVGW.jpg (640x360, 53.87K)

I do not care.

and youre still a spoot

Blew my first load to this show

THE HOWLER LEECHES ARE BUMPING!

In my country the show was simply called Beaver Brothers and they never felt angry all the time to me. The title really makes no sense.

Up All Night is my favorite episode, it has a very lowkey, chill energy about it.
pic related is a screenshot because google images kept spitting back that stupid .webp format

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 11.43.22 PM.png (976x700, 912.13K)

The creator wanted to buck the trend of cutesy safe shows like Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and Chip and Dale

The Halloween episode is hilarious

Look up webp to png, I prefer ezgif
Makes it way easier to use good images you find

Funny cartoon, kinda underrated.

>kinda
It's the most underrated Pre-SpongeBob Nicktoon

The redheaded stepchild of Nicktoons.

You cared enough to reply.

Looking back at how much of a Simp Norbert was is kinda hilarious.

>3rd Muscular Beaver ep
>Treeflower while snowboarding saves Muscular Beaver while he's patrol (the ep takes place during the winter)
>She takes Muscular Beaver (who slowly becoming delicious from the flu)
>Norb sees this and gets jealous
>Dresses up like Baron Bad Beaver "BECAUSE THE LADIES ALWAYS DIG THE BAD BEAVER"

No, that's CatDog, but this is a close second. The most underrated Nick cartoon of all time is Pelswick though.

>Hello, I.M. Weasel here to set the record straight. Some of you are not clear between the difference of a shoddy cartoon, such as this, and a high-quality animated entertainment of Cartoon Cartoons, such as myself.

Attached: cn.png (933x684, 587.62K)

CatDog is not a good show. I wish it was but it's not. I'd reboot it if I ever got the chance to.
>Pelswick
Not even a Nicktoon

I disagree about CatDog, I like some episodes and I feel like it gets overhated. I didn't know Pelswick wasn't a Nicktoon, learn something new everyday.

I could've sworn it was on Urban Dictionary as a euphemism

Sorry dude, this is coming from someone who used to watch the show a lot as a kid. I've went back to it in adulthood and it just isn't good. Probably the best episodes are Armed & Dangerous and the Brother's Day episode and even those are pretty average at best.

>I didn't know Pelswick wasn't a Nicktoon
Nickelodeon has a few shows they acquire airing rights to but didn't actually create/own. Other examples would be Kappa Mikey, Butt Ugly Martians, Wayside and Yakkity Yak.

Just finished binge watching the entire show last week and it still holds up very well. Although I will admit, Norb's way of talking got really goofy in the last season or so.
Absolutely love the part where they just start busting up laughing out of nowhere due to their sleep deprivation. One of my favorite scenes in the first season.

I watched this show a lot as a kid, but God if I could figure out why. I really did not like. I thought that I might have found it okay or somewhat mediocre, like my reaction to The Angry Beavers, but no. The more that I watched this one, the more that I got annoyed.

If there is one word that you could use to describe CatDog, it would be "unfair." Most of the episodes go like this: Dog is an asshole, disgusting, gross, and completely oblivious to the world around him. He's chasing down garbage trucks, causing hell for people. Because Cat is forced to follow along by some cruel twist of fate, for some reason, he tends to get the blame for all of Dog's antics. Oh, and of course, Cat is wrong for trying to change or curve Dog's "natural spirit," despite it causing hell for everyone around him.

Maybe I shouldn't be too annoyed though because everyone in this show is an asshole! Fuck Winslow. Fuck Winslow the Mouse! Winslow's purpose in this show is to do nothing but force in conflict. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and he just randomly lives with CatDog for no reason that isn't explained until the finale movie. All he ever does is cause trouble for CatDog. This is what we call a plot device, it's lazy as hell. But he needs to exist because one of the fundamental rules of CatDog is that everything has to end as miserably as possible!

The Greaser Dogs are in this show; their purpose is to beat up Cat at every opportunity. That is literally all they exist for. And if you learn anything from cartoons, if a character just wants to go about their business, beat the hell out of them until they cut that shit out!

I did not expect to dislike this show so much, but watching it just... put me in this sour mood. Like, a really sour mood. It's just the world that it conveys. Is this the worst Nicktoon ever? No, but it is the worst of the 90s Nicktoons. And yes, I would rather watch Rocket Power. CatDog is just frustrating.

I remember this show yet I don’t remember much about it.

Pretty much my whole sentiment on CatDog as well. I'm still surprised Nick did everything they could to try and make it their next "Rugrats"

Canada song was catchy as fuck.

I know a lot of cartoons are guilty of status quo bullshit, but the episode where they plan on getting separated and Cat opts out at the last minute is a pretty blatant case of bullshit. It's made very clear that Dog makes Cat's life a living hell and there's no good reason he would choose to stay joined to him.

Cat is too much of an asshole to side with either though. And the duo don't even feel like brothers, they act more like toxic friends than blood relatives.

I have ideas for a reboot. I want to write for cartoons and if I ever build up enough cred to work on an IP that isn't my own CatDog is what I'd go for. I'd try and fix this show and make it great.

>I'm still surprised Nick did everything they could to try and make it their next "Rugrats"
Well they got it. That yellow bastard made most people forget Nick even had a mascot franchise prior to it.

Maybe I just take mean spirited cartoons a bit better than most. I also really like the artstyle, so that probably goes towards my like of the show.

Back on topic, I do love The Angry Beavers, and one thing that really stands out to me is how there are barely any side characters, the few that are there usually don't have names and there's tons of episodes that only feature the two beavers and/or their TV. Are there any shows that aren't shorts that use side characters less?

Why does nobody talk about it nowadays? I see more discussion about Rocket Power and CatDog and those shows weren’t very good or interesting. This one had more of an alternative vibe.

The scandals regarding the main writer is why.

Main writer was Micah Ian Wright. He got blackballed for staging a failed unionization attempt from Nickelodeon and is pretty much barred from working there or anywhere else in animation as a result.

Adding to this, he tried to reinvent himself as a comic writer and got busted being a stolen valor douchebag who literally (in his own words) pretended to be a former army ranger purely so he could pull the "I'm ex-special forces so you can fuck off" card with right wingers online during the early Bush years.

Ok but why would that stop randos online from talking about the show? It’s not like this is super common knowledge.

I still remember the initial Nick promos. Shit I'm so old. Things used to be such better.

>you have to be right-wing to criticize Bush
The state of America

Nah he was pulling the old >I can critique war stuff I wuz a mareen dood

That makes me sad

12 year old response

And I'm saying he probably only resorted to that in the first place because rightards don't let you criticize the industrial complex unless you're a part of it

>my cousins had a VHS tape filled with recorded episodes
>remember watching a bunch one Saturday morning in 2006
Good times.

Fpwp back to amphibia general

Anyone have a mega for it? It was a fun show

Loved how they ran out of budget and made the last episode a radio play, and even referenced they ran out of budget in it.

Angry Beavers is one of my favorite shows, and not just as a Nicktoon. It somehow has dialogue and writing that predates Billy & Mandy, Regular Show, Futurama, American Dad, and Freddy Got Fingered.

samefag again, I also need to inform that I was also Daggettposter from the Nick All-Stars Brawl threads on the Yea Forums boards.

Attached: daggett6.png (550x500, 358.41K)

Not the guy you were talking to but I've seen you on Yea Forums Nick Brawl threads before. Though only through the archives.

Same here. I have very fond memories posting there last year. The Shadow/Redditbob feud still cracks me up.

>Same here.
Unless you're not the Daggetposter this reply doesn't make sense.

I didn't even really read those threads by searching for Nick, I just found some while searching for MultiVersus.

>I just found some while searching for MultiVersus
I understand. I didn't really pay too much attention with Multiverses.

I said it once , I will say it again .....
This is one of my fav cartoons of all time ....

Attached: the_angry_beavers_by_14_bis_d1ek1da-fullview.jpg (992x662, 91.47K)

Partial following it out of boredom but also because there's a chance of it actually being good. Whereas Nick Brawl I stopped following quick because from the moment of reveal it looked like shovelware and being a fan of some of their shows wasn't enough to win me over.

I was actually well-aware even before it was set to come out that NASB is obvious shitty shovelware that tried way too hard to copy Smash. The threads were still quite fun.

I didn't participate in them, glad you had your fun though. It's a shame there's older better platform fighters that have been forgotten though. And I'm not even referring to any of the indie ones.

I mean when you compare NASB to shit like Playstation Battle All-Star Royale, yea something's fucked up. Surprisingly, even Shrek's platform fighting game was better than NASB.

Even that game was gimped to hell and back but at least that looked presentable.
I was actually referring to TMNT: Smash-Up though

>Surprisingly, even Shrek's platform fighting game was better than NASB.
Power Stone-style games aren't really platform fighters

Still, there are better shovelware games than NASB including the one you mentioned.

Replying to myself again to note that after the threads, it went out of control outside these threads on the Yea Forums boards. The Shadow/Redditbob feud became out of control, featuring characters from Real Monsters, Barnyard, FB&CC, Futurama, American Dad, etc.

>Angry Beavers?
More like Not-So-Mad Beavers

>I.M. Weasel?
More like I Wuz Weasel N. Shit

Attached: Mung_Daal.png (2113x3331, 522.15K)

It wasn't shovelware though, it had actually good production values and content

Still not a good game.

Based. Best episode?

>t. zoomer cuck who watches Star vs. or Amphibia
You need to go back

t. rosterfag

SEND MORE MONEY
I'LL SEND MORE STUFF

Not him, but it's difficult to pick my favorite episode. Anyway, the Muscular Beaver episodes are so much fun to watch.

Yes I am, how can you tell.

>Normal words but a beaver guy
I wish this show wasn't this underrated, it was pre-SpongeBob Nicktoon kino.

Attached: the-angry-beters.png (470x417, 93.56K)

>Yes I am, how can you tell.
Well it's the only reason someone would say the game was bad (if they weren't a Meleefag anyway). The major reason it got backlash back when it when it came out was because of the roster. And yes, it was disappointingly small. I think it should have been 20 characters instead of 16, but there was a butthurt from 80sfags whining that Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang weren't playable. People ignored how it has one of most complete packages of a non-Smash platform fighter. The arcade mode has minigames and cutscenes, there's unlockable characters and stages, there's a mission mode, survival mode, tourney mode, tag-team mode. Nobody wants to acknowledge that though because they can't play as Wingnut or some shit.