Grounded riddler adaptation

>grounded riddler adaptation
>no jokes or anything that really makes him 'the riddler'
>is a whiny loser
>is literally a faggot for batman and wants to have sex with him
How do you butcher a character like this

Attached: 2022diddler.jpg (1200x1601, 134.98K)

I really hope they give this coat to comics Riddler

He's "the riddler" because he's manipulative nerdy egotistical mastermind who creates elaborate deathtraps and riddles.

times you acted like the diddler

I don't get what about him is even like the Riddler, other than wearing green clothes and the question mark. Really fucking tired of capeshit 'adapting' characters but really making them that character purely in name only. It's especially aggravating in this case because Dano would have made a pitch perfect Riddler, what a waste of a great casting.
God please don't

Attached: 1569191872245.png (680x680, 300.01K)

Wait a fucking minute source on that last claim?

>"seeing batman is one of those transcendental moments on his life where you project something on that figure out there and sees a hidden piece of yourself [...] i think their connection isnt just on vigilante element or political element, it's emotional"
Reeves also described the relationship between him and Batman as 'almost a love story' and Dano confirmed he physically wants Batman. Fujoshits won

People really overstate how much Nolan changed the characters
Heath Ledger wore a purple suit, cracked a few jokes, and laughed like an idiot. He had clown themed goons and drove a big carnival truck. The only difference was he wore makeup instead of permanently bleached skin, and used knives instead of gas.
But now with Joker (2019) and The Batman, the characters aren’t even themselves anymore. Riddler and Penguin in this movie are just names applied to new characters.

Attached: Slaughter is the best medicine.gif (410x250, 2.03M)

Wasn't in the movie, disregarded.

Nobody tells the Joker.

He's practically wearing a gimp suit.

>I don't get what about him is even like the Riddler,
This ? Is the entire character just defined by wearing a colorful suit to you?

considering it's implied they'll team up in the future i don't know about that

I'm holding out hope this is really just a prequel to those villains before they are more fully formed, like this is year 2 for Batman when things are still clunky, rivalry to Batman is new for these villains too, Hell the Riddler thought Batman was on his side until he was caught and Penguin now has more power since Falcone is dead

>Riddler drops the vague anti-elite/activist motivation schtick and embraces the riddles and games as their own goal, rather than using a moral justification
>An empowered penguin embraces the moniker to assuade his ego and establish an identity now that Falcone is dead, plays up the act as part of it.

Really

I was hoping Riddler would be more "I'm smarter than you and I'll fucking prove it" but I'll accept it if this is what they're planning.

Can't wait for Joker to go yandere and backstab Riddler for trying to steal his man
I'm hoping for this too but I don't know, seems like Reeves is gunning for this to be gritty and grounded so I don't want to get my expectations up

Practically was with how he acted around Batman

He is some whiny loser tho? Like in a lot of comics he wants to be remembered because he was a nobody and the dude isn't strong or a meta human. The only thing I can complain about him in the movie is that he actually makes a lot of sense. Like he got rid of a lot of corrupt politicians for the city.
If you're gonna bitch about a character bitch about penguin. The only thing has is that he's corpulent and has the iceberg lounge. Like it's never shown if penguin is a derogatory nickname or he has a love of penguins or some shit.

I'm hoping we're just getting a slow burn into the absurdity of it all, like the more Batman tries to help the more everything unwinds into something even crazier

I did like the part where they left him handcuffed and he waddled like a penguin

That scene was hilarious, wasn't sure about the casting for Penguin but Farrell did a great job. The movie as a whole had a top-tier cast, even if some of the characters weren't what I wanted them to be

I don't even really think of him as the riddler at all
it's like "oh yeah he's supposed to be the riddler"

the absolute fucking state of dc

motherfucker left riddles all over the fucking place

really wish the movie were rated R (it clearly wanted to be) so we could have gotten more graphic violence with Riddler's diddles like the dude's head eaten by rats

Attached: 9435f985-c049-11ec-9024-bdc0ba80647b.png (1024x1024, 1000.03K)

Comics never needed to be grounded in the first place. They were already grounded. Now they're just digging a hole.

>so we could have gotten more graphic violence with Riddler's diddles like the dude's head eaten by rats
it was weird how little they showed

'villain is practically in love with Batman' isn't exactly new for DC, it just isn't The Joker again

it felt weird and really held back, like the mayor's fucking head should have been caved with how many times Riddler smashes him with the tool, also the last thug Batman punches in the face 100 times only had some minor redness when his face should have been a bloody pulp and teeth smashed

I wonder if the originally planned to show more but it was cut for being too dark

I mean, it is also the Joker again considering how he was in the deleted scene

I mostly just mean the focus, Jokers infatuation goes without saying

>is literally a faggot for batman and wants to have sex with him

The movie never indicates this at all your a faggot OP that clearly does not want a discussion but a bait thread here ya go you pathetic loser

even when you pause and look at the photos of the dead rat guy it's not graphic, and he has a peaceful look on his face. The PG-13 rating really made them pussy out.

Attached: rat.jpg (1589x695, 93.71K)

are the rats in his mouth? doesn't look like they ate his face to me

The holy trinity of batkino

Attached: D0CE3952-67D8-4526-B2EB-DBA8D5AD56B7.png (775x385, 609.11K)

i really hope the changes made for the batman isnt legit getting you ass blasted mad. I thought everything about it was great, characters included

I mean, he basically starts drooling over how he and Bats are going to start working together and destroying everybody who wronged them before Batman tells him they'll never work together and that he will always be a good-for-nothing nobody, causing him to have an autistic meltdown because it didn't go the way he wanted

why are you retarded

that's what I'm guessing
maybe there's a cut scene that shows more detail

heaven forbid anyone criticize or having differing opinions on something you like

ah, the good old days... more faithful to the source material...

Attached: The_Riddler_(BF).jpg (800x952, 250.38K)

They basically tore his face up a bit, but I expected them full on eating his face to expose the teeth, like his lips should be gone

Attached: 20220419_190158.jpg (1078x1280, 156.56K)

Attached: 1619695435161.jpg (960x960, 105.72K)

Agreed on Riddler but Penguin to me looked like a good middle point between gentleman of crime Oswald Cobblepot and Burton's grotesque penguin man.

Honestly they never should have shown his face if they didn't want to go full horror with it, leave it up to the viewers imagination.

>I don't get what about him is even like the Riddler

Probably the elaborate riddles and ciphers.

ITT

Attached: 1630981686312.png (706x674, 78.75K)

what the fuck did he mean by this

>grounded riddler adaptation
>no riddles or anything that really makes him 'the joker'
>is a whiny loser
>is literally a faggot for wayne and wants to be his son
How do you butcher a character like this

Attached: ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg (840x464, 65.67K)

>Riddler and Penguin in this movie are just names applied to new characters.
Penguin worked. He's an up and coming crime boss running a club where illegal shit goes down. Does he really need to wear a top hat a tails to be the Penguin?

Based lmao

>Batman shits on Riddler for being a loser, seems to have no sympathy for the guy
>meanwhile he willingly goes to Joker to discuss the case and even when Joker tries to get a rise out of Bats, he never insults or gets really mad at him

poor Riddler never stood a chance as Batman's villainfu

low key just upset riddler is the pasty white fuck boy you shamefully are.

shut up fujo

His feelings over Alfred nearly dying to the Riddlers bomb probably helped with that

Not only that but Batman has to help a guy solve riddles or else his heads gonna explode, which happens anyway because the guy didn't want to risk his family getting hurt
There were still riddles and ciphers even after the dude got arrested

100% sure he was partially inspired by Sam Hyde

>no jokes or anything that really makes him 'the riddler'
he's the riddler not the joker