What are some other cases of successors that surpassed the originals?

What are some other cases of successors that surpassed the originals?

Attached: D64DC2B0-D3B9-411E-8DE3-640CB8F8C950.jpg (567x475, 76.15K)

wolverine is a hero?

Wally West

who?

>(((Kopp)))

i hate legacy characters so much

>my waifu laura is totally better than that toxic masculine logan!

Attached: 1619642939092.jpg (592x592, 100.16K)

wolverine fought actual nazis, he's in fact veteran from like 10 different wars

Can anybody explain this terminology to me? Wouldn't Wolverine be the legacy character since he's been around for a long time? Why is his replacement the "legacy" character?

Because they are inheriting the legacy of the original

It means characters who inherit a title or mantle, they inherit the "legacy" of an older character

These clickbait articles get worse and worse.

Jon Kent as Superman.

Attached: de3lptk-37511789-e022-4297-9c54-1e66dd571d90.jpg (631x960, 227.44K)

Attached: 1591063233364.jpg (1455x2100, 773.03K)

Who?

He’s doing what Clark never could….

Attached: 7F4EED3B-F826-4CA4-B303-1A314960BEC6.jpg (960x444, 93.46K)

Jess doesn't wear underwear in the suit.

Dick Grayson, Wally West and Kyle Rynar off the top of my head.

Surviving the genocide of Earth-2 is an impressive feat.

Examples: Barry allen and Wally West are LEGACY characters., because they inherit from Jay Garrick.

Tim Drake is a LEGACY character as robin.

Rhodey could be considered a legacy character, but he generally isn't. He's considered a spinoff.

Steel is generally considered a legacy character.

Winter Soldier is only a legacy character as buckycap, not as himself or bucky.

Is this some CBR shit ? I don't think even Bleeding Fool would sink this low.

Of course she cares more….she’s a prostitute!!!

>Make less Wolverine comics
>Make more Laura comics
>Less comics means less chances at a good comic
>More comics means more chances at a good comic
>Wolverine is too toxic masculine for our estrogen enriched consoomer base, not like our Slay Kween strong independent woman who don't need no man, Laura Kinney.

Attached: 1585991460755.png (615x748, 532.75K)

Do people even consider Barry and Hal legacy characters considering how different the golden and silver age heroes are?

Barry probably because he interacts with Jay relatively often. Not so much with Hal, Hal's more a spinoff in my opinion

How is she a succesor the Lanterns are a corps. That's like saying new mutant OC is successor to the entire xmen, an xman if you will

This.

It's up to some debate. Barry almost always, because the power set is so similar, and because Jay shows up with speedforce and speeder shit.

For an example, take the various blue beetles and vigilantes.

Depending whether they know the originals. I don't see how anyone who knows Alan Scott or Jay Harrick would not consider Barry Allen and Hal Jordan legacies.
Jaime Reyes is a second legacy.

Jaime Reyes is great and I do like how different he is from Ted Kord
I never read much of the silver age and mostly read the flash when Wally was there so I'm curious how often Jay showed up back then

Wolverine literaly opened a school for mutants and out a stop to Xavier policy of child soldiers cause he cared

What the fuck

Has anyone explains WHY someone would want to take up Wolverine's mantle in-universe?
He's not an inspiring figure to, like, 99% of people.
It's not a name with prestige or anything.
It'd be like taking up the Mantle of Nightcrawler, except Nightcrawler is actually a cool dude and a nice guy.

Because Green lantern is also Hal's hero id.

X-23's entire solo was about finding her own identity and what she wanted.
fucking hilarious how that ended

In the silver age, the JSA lived in another universe so not often.

X-23's trying to be fem Wolverine while based Gigachad Daken is out here being his own self and carving out his own identity.

Attached: daken.jpg (1246x700, 168.71K)

>is somehow the most popular Marvel character in Germany
Why

I want to fuck her

didn't he kill a baby because he was a jealous bitch?

Because they have no fucking clue what to do with X-23 and felt like they were going nowhere with whatever characterization they were attempting with her, so they defaulted to "female Wolverine."

WE WUZ KRYPTONIANS N SHIET.

I'm sure someone earnestly believes this but they're a moron for doing so. What made Wolverine interesting was his internal conflicts and gruff outer-persona. Tom Tayler basically erased what little X-23 had going for her, her lack emotions, and now she just kinda stands around eating before being told to punch something.

Well at least the parental abandonment makes sense on this one

I'd find it less weird if alien species with 'diversity' at least dyed people.
White people dyed pink, black people dyed white (actual white, not beige), asian people dyed a dark purple. Whatever. Just give it some oomph instead of 'ever species evolves to have human ethnicities"

Kek
You know... That would actually pretty lit, if they want diverse aliens, they should make an effort to make them look from out of this planet.

I actually liked Daken as Dark Woverine, if Krakoa ever goes down the drain and someone assembles a team of either Dark Avengers or Dark X-Men, I want him as their Woverine.

Hasn't Logan has saved Deathstrike a dozen times over?

>I am a graduate of Bowling Green State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing. I have a special interest in storytelling, whether it is making my own or helping others craft theirs. I'm currently looking for a job that will allow me to use my imagination and my abilities as a writer.

These fags aren't going stop until capeshit is nothing but tea parties and fashion shows.

The closest thing I can think of in comics is the Green Martian/White Martian divide, although are they even really the same species?

These fags are lower on the food chain than music journalists.

Man, imagine being paid to write stupid shit like that.

He's spared her like twice. Implying that Wolverine wouldn't save Yuriko if he was in the same situation shows that the writer is talking out of his ass.

You mean until they're all Questionable Content?

/pol/ warned you
You didn't listen

pop culture "journalism" is worthless sewage

More about what?

Wolverine isn't a mantle, it's just his name. Also
>I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't nice
Is that what she cares more about?

And Alan's
And John's
And Guy's
And Kyle's
And Simon's

human torch from marvel most people only know the ones from fantastic four not the og android(jim hammond)

So what are you supposed to do, kill a bunch of people cuz they make shitty comic books. It's not like /pol/ makes good comics either

Hey retards.

Pop culture/Game/Comic bloggers only write these articles because they know it will get angry clicks. You are playing right into their hands, and into their wallets.

id go so far as to say 97% of these writers dont believe what they write, but they do have to make money, even if its on the backs of autistic faggot retards on Yea Forums like you.

No one honestly thinks x23 is a better wolverine. Not even this porkmeister blogger.