Does this show correctly portray black culture

Does this show correctly portray black culture

Attached: p10681445_b_v10_ab.jpg (1536x2048, 246.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvM4_U9MvPk
youtube.com/watch?v=FT4NQ9D0M6w&t0
youtube.com/watch?v=TAr36dVtc64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
And also no.

They would make a joke BLM

AYO!!!!

MacGruder/Nasheed special when?

Attached: 05B45BFF-8E9A-47F8-85A4-0E043747EA89.jpg (821x600, 129.71K)

Yes, and no.
Over all, it would be pro, but it would poke fun at some of it.

It's Afro surrealism

It's a satire of America from a black perspective.

>America
The world.

Did you already forget the kick ball episode?

As a niggo yes. Though I feel like Yea Forums likes this show for the wrong reasons but its whatevs

The brilliance of the show was that it held blacks accountable for all of the issues of black culture while at the same time acknowledging the general apathy whites have in trying to co-exist,
No one was particularly safe from scrutiny and in doing so, made one of the most realistic depictions without glamorizing anyone.
It didn’t go “fuck whitey!” Like a Jordan Peel movie or really anything today, but it also didn’t go “niggers are animals” like a far right propaganda piece.

Even politically it was mostly neutral. Yeah, it was made by a mega anarchy-communist, but his self insert character was regularly found at fault, and it’s probably the only television show in history to accurately show that the left and right centered media are really just putting on an act to fool the public.

Plus you have gems like the attacks on BET, Tyler Perry, Obama Mania, Soul Food etc.

Meanwhile, black americans would look at this man calling out the worst parts of black culture, the fact they're being spat on by mass media that pretends to cater to them, the constant dumbing-down of black entertainment, and the self-destructive behavior and cycles of abuse that have infested black families for generations...

... and call him a coon, an uncle tom, and a nigger.

It depends on the person. I’ve seen black people hate it, I’ve seen whites people hate it, and I’ve seen people from both groups love it.
I definitely think a large portion of the audience didn’t get the point.
They watch episodes like The Uncle Rukkas Show and think it’s about being pro-racist instead of a commentary on how BET is essentially the most racist channel ever made and just end up laughing at a black man saying fucked up things about black people.
While it’s true that a sign of good satire is when you can’t tell it’s satirical, I think, mostly due to the adultswim audience, the actual commentary and irony was lost on many.

>I definitely think a large portion of the audience didn’t get the point.
Do tell.

>its whatevs
Whose whatevs?

youtube.com/watch?v=GvM4_U9MvPk

youtube.com/watch?v=FT4NQ9D0M6w&t0

Yes except regular black people are more stupid and pathetic than funny. Just like regular people in general

Yes, it's stereotyped, but yes.

>One fucking episode
it's a satire of America from a black perspective.

lmao what's the "right" reason to like this show retard? It's a comedy, it's satire.

the only reason to like this show is to laugh at it. Unless you're one of those weirdos that like to self insert themselves as characters

Please explain to the class the right way to enjoy a piece of media...

no, user, they got it. Which is why it got 4 seasons.
you can't seriously believe that "you need a deep level of thought" to understand the fucking Boondocks

Yes, especially since it shows the thought process of their midwit counterparts and how even when it comes to midwit, they are still narcissistic idiots. It is impossible to take any "social issue" it tackles seriously when you learn about genetics.

It ended long before BLM

NIGGA MOMENT.

Attached: reading.jpg (480x800, 132.32K)

The Boondocks is to Black culture
as Scott Pilgrim is to White culture.

Attached: punchcombo-3-1.gif (82x69, 15.95K)

This is a faulty comparison yet somehow I agree with it.

Bryan Lee O'Malley is Asian.

>Bryan Lee O'Malley is Asian.
Yet O'Malley himself has stated in writing that his work was too white and needed more diversity.

Attached: Diversity in Toronto.png (649x378, 37.71K)

>The Boondocks is to Black cultureas Scott Pilgrim is to White culture.
That would be King of The Hill

It actually portrays how it was in the mid to late 2000's, but ever since BLM it has drastically changed.

It's funny because every white fan of the show likes it just because it says the truth about blacks they can't say without losing their job.

Attached: 1639099555333.png (1000x1000, 651.62K)

Can't imagine how bad it would be today. He should kill his father to make amends.

Not user but I think he meant misunderstanding the show and skew it to their own vision.

I've never watched this boondocks show.. Is it worth a shot? any good?

Attached: 1650209906822.jpg (367x401, 31.84K)

Ignore the fourth season.

not bad but too different from the current climate.

>Scott Pilgrim is so white!!!
Don't care. Release Worst World.

Attached: 1396659635563.jpg (243x145, 13.01K)

Noted, will watch up til 3, and then maybe spray some salt on the 4(If i were to watch)..
Like missing some references? Or is it the other? I'm not really political, I'm too stupid for that anyways, so maybe i'm all good.

Attached: 1645180078777.jpg (693x633, 81.84K)

Yes. It's crazy how looking back on it or was ahead of it's time and calls out a lot of bad stuff about black culture that went over my head because I was too young to understand. It's sad that I had to learn on this board of all places that Uncle ruckus and Tom dubois were a play on words for both sides of being a Uncle Tom.

I can imagine what a true modern Boondocks season would be like. Episodes on woke culture (white women taking over the fight for racial equality and shouting over blacks), BLM (starting with cops killing innocent blacks, the "solution" going way overboard and social workers getting killed in the background while the cops are driven away), Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson would definitely each get a couple of jabs, although I'm not sure what those would be like. I could see Wuncler somehow being involved with (or being a metaphor for) Disney trying to pander to China, becoming overwhelmed and failing everywhere. Maybe it could even be Ed and Rummy with a brilliant plan for how to play both sides, leading to a predictable disaster. Imagine Ed being in charge of children's programming.

Honestly, there's endless material, but no one would ever have the balls to make it today.

It's not political, it's a social commentary. He was probably the first black person to call out the mindless black support of Obama that we were doing in 2008 when he never promised anything for black people. Now we can look back and realize that The boondocks was right

This board only likes about maybe 90 seconds of one episode, Ruckus, and ignores everything else outside of posting about the lolis.

>implying that Yea Forums doesn't live by do the homie

Attached: 1640672908149.gif (498x498, 3.65M)

Ebony Brown and Luna show up regularly in coomer threads

>(starting with cops killing innocent blacks
It says a lot about the board that we seem to have collectively forgotten that this already happened. Wonder why.
youtube.com/watch?v=TAr36dVtc64

Sounds really boring and empty. The modern politics and the corporate wokeism don't even deserve any irony or comedy. I'd watch it if it was just about being cool tough guys or some spin off shit like samurai boondocks.

How is that a bad thing

it feels old.

> lots of yelling and anger abut nothing ever actually gets accomplished because everybody's an immature fucking moron

Yes

>Episodes on woke culture (white women taking over the fight for racial equality and shouting over blacks)
Literally what Cindy McPhereson's character is.

>BLM
Seeing how The Freemans' "black lives" matter in the town of Woodcrest is the essence of what the series is about.

>Honestly, there's endless material, but no one would ever have the balls to make it today.
Having the balls to make the material is not equivalent to being able to distribute it. That's why there's so many banned episodes from the original series. Most of the issues raised in The Boondocks are unchanged. Thugnificent and Gangstalicious would be washed up has-beens replaced by tattoo-faced mumble rap snitching on gangsters and getting shot. Huey bitching about the Star Wars movies and Disney in general. Shitting on Miles Morales because property of WB/HBO Max. It'd just be a pallet swap of the last 4 seasons made palatable for a zoomer audience lacking the attention span enough to give a fuck.

>one accidentally spilt his fruit punch on the other at the cafeteria table
that's bussass no matter what race you are.
E for everyone.

Ask Aaron McGruder

The BLM episode would be about Huey being mad at the founders of BLM for not calling it “Black Lives Matter Too” from the jump to preemptively counter the “All lives matter” crowd. Meanwhile Riley riots in order to steal some shit with Rummy and Wuncler.

Huey Freeman wouldn't give two dry fucks about the BLM movement. They are march, whining protesters begging for civil rights. He is a radical Nationalist building a powered mecha suit in his garage.
They are not the same.

I like the shotas

Huey would support BLM and even support the riots but would hate all commercializing of companies trying to make money of it.

Attached: Huey.jpg (1280x853, 106.21K)

fpbp thank you for getting it

It's great (except for season 4). Very funny, top-tier voice work, nice art style, and some surprisingly good action sequences.

>Literally what Cindy McPhereson's character is.
Not really. She's just a kid who's on good terms with Riley. At most you could say she's a joke about white women appropriating black culture but that's not the same thing.