Is having a villian that's disabled problematic in current year?

Is having a villian that's disabled problematic in current year?

Attached: Screenshot_20220419-080915_Chrome.jpg (1080x1835, 370.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGe7HGyeEMA
breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/04/18/report-disney-labeled-tinker-bell-and-captain-hook-as-potentially-problematic-for-perpetuating-negative-stereotypes/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Flamingos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will not take away pirates from the amputee community.
Shit man, the authentic cosplay is all they have left!

How are Tinkerbell and Captain Hook perpetuating negative stereotypes?

Captain Hook is a flamboyant man that preys on boys. No idea about Tinkerbell, maybe something about white women being cunts?

Tinkerbell is white, blonde and loved by many. This is problematic.

I always thought it was kinda fucked up that Peter Pan made Hook lose an arm before the events of the film, was all happy and nonchalant about it and was still portrayed as a good guy. That is pretty "problematic" I guess. Boomers had really sociopathic morality.

Hook for the obvious. Tinker Bell probably because she can't speak. Could be twisted around to Disney being sexist by making a female who can't properly speak... and also being a possessive bitch.

>Disney began an extensive review of its film library as it prepared to introduce the streaming service in 2019, according to a New York Times report. As part of the initiative, called Stories Matter, Disney added disclaimers to classic movies for containing “negative depictions or mistreatment of people or cultures.”

>The Stories Matter team privately flagged certain characters as potentially problematic, with the findings distributed to senior Disney leaders, two current Disney executive told the Times.

>One of them was Tinker Bell, who raised concern because she is “body conscious” and jealous of Peter Pan’s attention, according to the executives. Captain Hook was another potential liability because he could expose Disney to accusations of discrimination or prejudice against individuals with disabilities because he is a villain.

I assume Hook is about, well, the hook hand. But at that point, might as well cancel every pirate.
Tinkerbell, I dunno, she has autism or something.

>Captain Hook was another potential liability because he could expose Disney to accusations of discrimination or prejudice against individuals with disabilities because he is a villain

Attached: 1616433248539.jpg (800x450, 18.14K)

So why is this guy after him?
>He hates him.
Why does he hate him?
>I dunno, no reason.
He has to have a reason.
>Okay, the guy cut his hand off.
JOHNSON! CLEAN YOUR DESK OUT!

So their saying that disabled people can't be threatening? Wow. Way to be ableist

Technically Peter Pan abducting children.

>One of them was Tinker Bell, who raised concern because she is “body conscious” and jealous of Peter Pan’s attention
The fuck does this mean

>body conscious” and jealous of Peter Pan’s attention
What does that even mean?

>Captain Hook was another potential liability because he could expose Disney to accusations of discrimination or prejudice against individuals with disabilities because he is a villain.
It's a cartoon pirate. Did someone need a paycheck that day or something?

Girls LOVE Tinkerbell, she makes bank on merch. Disney would be retarded to screw with her on the whims of Twitter.

I have no fucking clue. and I’m liberal.

She looked at her ass in the mirror

A female character acted female.

Representation means only means the good stuff.

Fun fact, pirates were historically Jews from the "merchant marine" tradition

She cares about looking good and wants a boys attention.

I thought being body conscious was a good thing? that's what they call it when fat women go around with their uncovered bellies flapping around

Woke is really the western version of Cultural revolution. I already gave up on everything western but its still made me wonder why the westerners accept it and dont resist it at all.

Maybe its because they already have the alternatives to those, Japanese media, and they already feel safe, but even so it really looks destructive. At least zoomers actually dont give a fuck about things like this at all.

>body conscious” and jealous of Peter Pan’s attention
>What does that even mean?
this is my best guess for what they are talking about.
In one scene her butt looks big in a mirror and she doesn't like it. that is body conscious aka self fat shaming / She sells out wendy to hook so peter would be hers alone. that is jealous of peter's attention.

Attached: 1646071107759.jpg (300x300, 20.92K)

winrar

Where's the lie?

found the scene
youtube.com/watch?v=KGe7HGyeEMA

>and I'm liberal
Sorry to hear that you have brain damage.

>t. l*b*r*l

No.

>Disney would be retarded to-

Attached: 2E313582-6FA4-4770-B9E3-7CD2FBEF02ED.gif (220x220, 339.17K)

>Is having a villian problematic in current year?
Maybe that's it

Oteter Pan is a pedophile. The fact the second movie is about Wendy daughter is straight up Lolita shit. Peter Pan in any rendition is always attracted to children. Also I don't know he thinks bringing kids to Neverland is the best idea ever considering the mermaid tried to drown Wendy in the first movie.

Attached: 81XMfMOHs0L._SL1500_.jpg (1058x1500, 210.05K)

>If no one is allowed to think other people are bad, then they can't call us out irl for being bad

This is probably the mindset

Wait till they find out where Urusla came from.

Attached: 28DFA2CA-AEAB-43AA-8AC3-0212E7DFDAC8.jpg (700x394, 51.9K)

>breitbart
opinion discarded lol

urusla was based on a dude? just thought she was a fat ugly woman. two out a three ain't bad

Link to this "article" please

What if we had a prequel movie where Captain Hook was a normal man whose parents were pushed off a cliff by an evil hook and that's why he becomes a crazy hook hand guy?

If they turned Cruella into a sympathetic, misunderstood sorta-good guy, surely someone who's motivation isn't literally skinning one hundred puppies for clothes is easier to write a actually-misunderstoond movie about.

>Tinkerbell, I dunno, she has autism or something.
She's certainly not autistic, her speech is not understood by humans including the audience.

A drag queen, actually. That's why everything about her is way over the top.

breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/04/18/report-disney-labeled-tinker-bell-and-captain-hook-as-potentially-problematic-for-perpetuating-negative-stereotypes/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Flamingos

Attached: 29C7AEA9-0BC3-420C-ABC2-0AE4BB4DE654.jpg (260x382, 18.23K)

It's worse than that.

>Disney to accusations of discrimination or prejudice against individuals with disabilities because he is a villain.
"This kind of person cannot be evil" is the exact same as "This kind of person cannot be good", both of these have been chanted by supremacists, eugenicists, an extremists since the dawn of time. One of the most dangerous beliefs facing minorities and disenfranchised groups is the belief that their people will always be good, and everyone else will be evil (unless they're one of the good ones). Remember when Hitler had honorary aryans?

Every single person on earth with the capacity to make decisions has the capacity to be good or evil. Even a wheelchair-bound gay black transwoman with a purple heart has the capacity for evil. To say otherwise is, again, to speak the words of nazis and extremists.

>Disney also flagged Ursula the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid, saying her dark complexion could be construed as racist and her flamboyant mannerisms could come across as “queer coded,” or homophobic.
She's fucking PURPLE. Who is this racist towards?

Attached: 1610853152477.png (720x404, 269.26K)

So.... Amy Schumer as Tinker Bell in the live action remake?
She's already slept around with Disney stars for roles.

Attached: Amy-Schumer-StarWars-photos.jpg (615x409, 67.01K)

>Who is this racist towards?
Mr Dink

Attached: RbFrkmK.gif (480x360, 401.83K)

Still haven't seen the movie, but I remember hearing Ursula was based on the drag queen in it.

>If we say it's because she has dark skin nobody will look any deeper.
Now that's Chutzpah.

Thanos

You can have a villain, but only if they're some formless evil or a twist.

The mo is to turn female/'diverse' villains sympathetic. Evil white men stay evil.

Yeah, that's what I take from that recent trend.

That's been done some 10 years back, maybe twice even. Just not by them, I think.

Lately there's not even tweeeest villains, I think.

They aren't.
People with too much time on their hands want to crusade against injustice but don't actually want to confront discrimination because that's effort.

>Disney added disclaimers to classic movies for containing “negative depictions or mistreatment of people or cultures.”
>"Yes, we believe this is horrible and indefensible, we are also the ones that made it that way and are profiting from it too"
>Basically an "Admission Of Guilt"
If this wasn't such an unbelieable non-issue i could see this backfiring eventually

Attached: 1490487030982.jpg (640x360, 118.77K)

Maybe that was just my mind thinking less time had passed.
Most of todays villains seemed to be legacied in types.

I want Tinkerbell to rape me. I know it would be physically impossible but still

I smell either a lawyer or a consultant trying to justify their position being behind this.

Well to be fair, even as they try to redeem one villain, they give them another that's just as evil, but more bland so they won't have to be as popular so they don't have to redeem those.

>"consultant"
That's it. Either they find new things to pretend to be "outraged" about, or go back to flipping burgers at Disneyland.
I guess they could try to get a job as internet "journalist" writing "And That's A Good Thing" articles, but that bubble might be about to burst.

when she gets stuck in the door hole