Multiversity thread. You can hide in any reality. You will not escape me. Ima get you

Multiversity thread. You can hide in any reality. You will not escape me. Ima get you

Quads do not lie.

Attached: E6194E52-AE9D-41DB-9184-4710D31F59C4.jpg (256x388, 25.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.li/Comic/The-Multiversity-Guidebook/Full?id=86551
comicbook.com/amp/news/sdcc-2015-grant-morrison-talks-the-multiversity-too/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for posterity.

Already emailed Yea Forums support but thing there’s a bigger issue at play here. Don’t fall for the bait. Fix the world by making it the one you want to live in. I believe in you Yea Forums.

Attached: 497A20C5-C508-49FF-A978-0FAECFC32954.jpg (540x537, 86.17K)

Desperation bumperino. Open your eyes to the quad post and it’s thread. Therein lies the answer

Would Earth-5 Mary Marvel more likely fuck Captain Carrot or Calvin Ellis?

Attached: HYPERCRISIS.jpg (2061x5000, 1.54M)

This isn’t actually a multiversity thread. Please read the thread I’m begging you. Thank you though.

Captain Carrot for sure

QUESTIONS!

> Favorite characters/versions of characters from the multiverse?

> Ideal Justice Incarnate style team line up?

> What worlds would you pick to get a series and by what creative team?

THE GUIDEBOOK - readcomiconline.li/Comic/The-Multiversity-Guidebook/Full?id=86551

>no one reading the thread within this thread
I tried to warn them but they would not listen. I fear they have become too powerful and left unchecked, but I know justice will prevail. The empty hand will not win

Underrated story, one of the only event comics that is worthy of that title from its time period. The guidebook and supplemental material is fantastic and adds depth to the multiverse. The villains are truly horrifying, between this and Nameless which came out around that time, I’d love to know what was going on with Grant then. Very scary. The Quitely drawn Pax Americana issue is one of the best single issue comics I’ve ever read. So extremely ambitious both visually and conceptually, I would read a 12 issue maxi with those characters in that world. There was supposed to be a sequel series to Multiversity, I wonder if Dan Dildo is the reason why that never happened?

Big deal

Attached: Eustace.jpg (306x293, 12.86K)

>We were robbed of a sequel to Multiversity because of Dan Dildo

Attached: 1583425859626.png (1024x577, 343.41K)

Nameless really is a trip in and of itself. I’ve never read it close to reading Multiversity though, might have to do that soon to try and get some more insight

The warning in OP was for one shitposter. They know who they are.

Bump from the 5th dimension. I wonder how batmite and mxyzptlk would’ve been used in a Multiversity story. Feels like that was a step Morrison would’ve naturally taken after using both of them in his Batman/Action Comics runs

Earth-5 Mary Marvel or anything Marvel family related is not for you to be lewded.
Begone.

Dubs of truth

>There was supposed to be a sequel series to Multiversity
Oh yeah, ''Multiversity Too'' I think it was supposed to be named. I remember reading back then that the first story was supposed to be Flash centric. I don't know what might have happened that nothing ever materialized. A shame indeed.

comicbook.com/amp/news/sdcc-2015-grant-morrison-talks-the-multiversity-too/

Maybe if we all buy multiple copies of Absolute Multiversity, WB will get the message we need a follow up besides JLIncarnate

Mary was built for being corrupted.

Attached: 75828D6E-52EE-439C-A6F7-5EAB40E8C132.jpg (835x1196, 1.25M)

Begone Darkseid

Given the current state of affairs at DC and Warner, I don't think Morrison would be really interesting in doing a sequel of Multiversity. I wouldn't be if I was Morrison.

You gotta believe user. Current dc/wb? Nah I’d doubt that too. But there’s always hope for a better future

Attached: C1D63059-8D93-492C-82AA-E20ABE485013.jpg (900x1200, 148.04K)

I don't like you Morrisonfags, but this thread is better than almost all the other threads.
Have a bump.
He lost his mojo some years ago.
He doesn't have the ability to do anything close to another Multiversity.

Who has it?

Ironically posting Flex?
Considering what happened to him.

Nothing ironic about anything I’m posting in this thread. Genuine hope is one of the only things we have in this world brother

I admire your view user.

This was mainly just a thread for me to reference a meta thread that got deleted from a person with power who got called out, but I like what it looks like now too
Morrison is my favorite comic writer but I kind of agree he’s lost a step or two. Nothing compares to reading final crisis or Batman & Robin with bros on Yea Forums as it was being published though, I wish everyone on Yea Forums, even the casual zoomers could’ve experienced that era too

Attached: BA432759-ACB8-4424-85B0-8B0742A95594.jpg (1280x1978, 320.42K)

thread-ly reminder that the Gentry have already won

Attached: don't-look.jpg (1982x1782, 688.17K)

>has to be a hidden 8th world
>tfw Earth Omega is now a thing
It's not Morrison but still

That's what the Gentry wants you to think.

Hope springs eternal my dude. Life sucks so incredibly bad lately if I was anything other than optimistic, I’d be beyond dead crushed by the weight of it all. Hope you find that same light to keep moving forward. Onward, through the fog

Attached: 65C0C6A0-E3DA-4A43-9EDF-CBD10EBA1DCE.jpg (400x300, 66.91K)

Didio is the only reason we GOT Multiversity.

Pretty much every DC Morrison project from Seven Soldiers on was a Didio baby

Final Bump.
I can’t wait to have Absolute Multiversity on my shelf next to Absolute Final Crisis/Batman & Robin/Batman Inc. wish they’d release an Absolute edition of Batman & Son/Black Glove/RIP/RoBW just to appease my autism, even though that would mean buying and seeing that stupid fuckin prose issue and a lot of not that great Tony Daniel art in a giant format

Attached: 32DA4B86-5AA3-457F-9029-D540DCCD0248.jpg (1683x2560, 518.46K)

DiDio was hard to explain: an utter idiot but also responsible for some of the best comics DC has offered on the last 20 years.

Attached: Yawning2.jpg (849x565, 308.74K)

>That's what the Gentry wants you to think.

Given the state of comics they very much have won.

Didio had his pros and cons. He had really bad ideas but also many creators talk wonders about him. Morrison spoke very positively of him in their newsletter and Tom King once mentioned that Didio is very considerate with older creators, he was basically taking care of Len Wein and making sure he still got work in his final years.

Can't fucking wait for absolute multiversity, I have a feeling that the aditional material in the deluxe edition was just scratching the surface. The page count in the absolute version far surpasses it.

Attached: Absolute multiversity.png (775x741, 245.15K)

Morrison dicksuckers have the uncanny ability to be frozen in pre-2014 times

And you're still stuck in the 00s letting them live rent free in your head as usual

Ideal line up? I am taking some liberties since I like the idea of a weird rag tag bunch of DC characters teaming up.
>Breach
>Kirk Langstrom (gods and monsters)
>Mazahs
>Ambush bug or Animal man
>Max Mercury or Jesse Quick
>Abin Sur
>Phantom girl

>Tom King
boo

I'm going to post a few Multiversity lead-ins and follow-ups that people might not know about. Let's start with the lead-ins.

>Final Crisis and Final Crisis: Superman Beyond

Even though this series is pre-Flashpoint, it contains the first hints at what would become Morrison's post-Flashpoint Multiverse. In particular, we get our first glimpses of the post-Flashpoint versions of Earths 4, 5, 10, 13, 17, 20, 23, 34, 35, 36, 39, 44, and 51. The Superman Beyond tie-in series explores this aspect in even more depth than the main series and both are collected together in the Final Crisis TPB.

Attached: Final Crisis; Superman Beyond #1.jpg (1041x1600, 555.59K)

>Action Comics volume 2 #9

This issue, again from Morrison himself goes into great detail about Earth-23, and introduces Earth-45. Earths 36 and 42 also make (rather grisly) cameo appearances.

Attached: Action Comics volume 2 #9.jpg (1041x1600, 565.08K)

Now for the follow-ups.

>Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt

A tie-in to the Metal event and co-written by Morrison, this story marks the first appearance of the Multiverse as seen in Multiversity after that series' conclusion. It features cameo appearances from Earths 31, 43, and 44. It also introduces Earth-52.

Attached: Dark Knights Rising; The Wild Hunt #1.jpg (1041x1600, 601.04K)

>Dog Days of Summer

This 80-giant contained a brief story featuring Justice Incarnate, marking the first appearance of that team after Multiversity, as well as the first post-Flashpoint Multiverse story to not be written by Grant Morrison in any capacity.

Like most of DC's seasonal specials, it has never been collected.

Attached: Dog Days of Summer.jpg (1040x1600, 546.58K)

>Superman volume 4 #14-16

Written by Peter Tomasi, this three issue arc was just a huge tribute to Multiversity and all its ideas. It is collected in the Superman: Multiplicity TPB.

Attached: Superman volume 4 #14-16.png (1600x1230, 3.74M)

By the way, since I forgot to mention it, is collected in the Superman: Bulletproof TPB and is collected in the Metal: Dark Knights Rising TPB.

was bloodwynd in the super kids verse? its been a while since i read that one

This one was such a dud. Can't believe they killed red racer so pointlessly. Im hoping he gets revived in Dark Crisis. I mean if the entire crime syndicate can come back from death, a flash could too.

>The Flash volume 5 #52

This issue features a very brief cameo of the House of Heroes and several Multiverse Flashes. While the multiverse related content is only on a few pages, I'm still mentioning it here because I'm a sucker for double-page spreads like this one. If you for some reason want to buy an an entire TPB for just a few cool pages, they're in The Flash: Reckoning of the Forces.

One point of trivia is that this is the first reference to Multiversity made by writer Joshua Williamson. As you'll see later, Williamson will end up becoming something of steward of the concept later on in his career.

Attached: The Flash volume 5 #52.jpg (1600x1230, 668.32K)

>Green Lanterns #18

This issue by Sam Humphries goes into the backstory of the villainous First Lantern, also known as Volthoom. From his origins on Earth-15 to his travels across the Multiverse before finding a home on Earth-0's Oa in the distant past. It's collected in the Green Lanterns: Polarity TPB.

Attached: Green Lanterns #18.jpg (1041x1600, 619.29K)

Humphries would also deal with the multiverse in his criminally underrated Dial H series.

>The Terrifics #11-15

This arc in Jeff Lemire's Terrifics series features the titular team being hunted by a team assembled from doublegangers of theirs from various Multiverse worlds. This is also the third appearance of Justice Incarnate to not be written by Morrison. It is collected in the Tom Strong and the Terrifics TPB.

Attached: The Terrifics #11-15.jpg (1600x1230, 821.21K)

Is Multiversity a good casual read? My brother likes collecting trades and I wondered if it would be something good to give him.

>Justice League volume 4 #26

Much like the Flash issue above, this issue features only a very short cameo from the House of Heroes, but I'm including it anyway because of a cool double-page spread. Co-written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV, it is available in the Justice League: The Sixth Dimension TPB.

Attached: Justice League volume 4 #26.jpg (1600x1230, 717.14K)

>The Green Lantern #10-11

Grant Morrison makes his final statement on the Multiverse in this two issue arc, featuring Green Lanterns from various Earths. It is collected in The Green Lantern: The Day the Stars Fell.

Attached: The Green Lantern #10-11.jpg (1041x1600, 568.02K)

>Flash Forward

This six issue mini-series from writer Scott Lobdell features Wally West traveling to Earths 23, 8, 43, 13, and 32. It has been collected.

Attached: Flash Forward.jpg (1600x1230, 897.26K)

>Young Justice volume 3 #7-12

This arc in the short lived Young Justice revival features the team traveling to Earths 42, 26, 22, and 3. If you have enough tolerance for Brian Bendis' writing, it is collected in the Young Justice: Lost in the Multiverse TPB.

Attached: Young Justice volume 3 #7-12.jpg (1041x1600, 562.9K)

Part of me thinks that he gave those asful ideas to prove writers and see if they could improve them and it worked most of the time.

Morrison said in their substack that this was pretty much how Superman and the authority came to be. Didio intentionally made a pitch so bad he knew Morrison would step up and do it.

>Dial H for Hero #10

Sam Humphries returns to the Multiverse. While the entire series deals with the Multiverse in a vague way, only the 10th issue delves into the version we know from Multiversity in detail. It's collected in Dial H for Hero: New Heroes of Metropolis.

Attached: Dial H for Hero #10.jpg (1600x1230, 812.83K)

>Death Metal: Multiverse's End

This Death Metal tie in by James Tynion would mark the last story he'd write about the Multiverse before leaving DC. It features heroes and villains from across the Multiverse fighting for survival as the Multiverse was being erased.

Attached: Death Metal; Multiverse's End.jpg (1600x1230, 670.39K)

Oh, and it's collected in Dark Knights: Death Metal: The Darkest Knight.

>Year of the Villain: Lex Luthor #1

This Year of the Villain tie-in features Lex Luthor hunting down many of his multiversal dopplegangers. It has never been collected.

Attached: Year of the Villain; Lex Luthor.jpg (1041x1600, 618.69K)

I hate perfect Lex so goddamn much.

>DC Cybernetic Summer

Another season 80-page giant, this one has a story that reveals the Flashes of the Multiverse hold an annual racing tournament. As usual for these types of books, it has never been collected.

Attached: DC Cybernetic Summer.jpg (1600x1230, 529.6K)

You know, I preferred the guy from the new 52 series over the kids. Motherfuckers were just too grating for me.

Oh, and this story was also written by Williamson, another hint at what would soon become his new role regarding most Multiverse stories.

WHAT DID THE QUADS SAY

>Infinite Frontier

Speaking of Williamson, he would pen this event mini-series featuring several DC characters, Justice Incarnate being among them. It is collected.

Attached: Infinite Frontier.jpg (1040x1600, 685.52K)

This reminds me of one Marvel story where all speedsters decide to participate on a racing contest.I think the winner was The Runner.