They could have just made him gay or emphasize that he's black to make him relevant

They could have just made him gay or emphasize that he's black to make him relevant.

But they waisted their time making him a fake mental illness.

Attached: FQpQlAMagAADD-b.png (871x715, 569.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xOuG5vnOGkY
youtu.be/qF1DTK4U1AM
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>emphasize that he's black to make him relevant.
Asexual>>>>>>being black

This is the best they can do with him? The guy has one of the best runs a legacy character has ever had, but now it's just this lazy tokenism. Why are DC characters so fucking cursed with constant misuse.

These people are less than 2% of the population. Less than fucking 2%

I mean Conner was always not that interested in sex, it is dumb to label it but it really doesn’t change anything about Conner

I don’t care.

Attached: ED2CF58B-04FB-4C85-AC21-1591BA6AFF2A.jpg (640x1025, 301.39K)

Wasn't Connor already gay?

Isn't he a monk?

This, Being in the LGBT family is more important

Attached: gav2-110-cov.jpg (666x1024, 151.82K)

youtu.be/xOuG5vnOGkY

So?, this fact will only be relevant once a year in an anthology.

/pol/tard are going to sperg, but this makes sense and it's a nice contrast between his dad who is a huge slut.

I still think "Aesexual" is just a fancy way of saying "dry spell" or "autistic".

Shit- I haven't had sex in years, and I'm doing the "I'm Aesexual" gimmick just so I can use it as a way to get a high paying job in the municipality I live in...I figure if I can shoehorn the fact that I'm a part of the "LGBTQ+" community could make a me a "diversity" hire

tl/dr- Aesexulity is bullshit...tfoh

>it is dumb to label it

Right, we CAN'T talk about things using their proper descriptive nouns. It's WRONG.

i just have a very low libido. i jerk off twice a month, almost always because i have to. otherwise it hurts like a motherfucker if i go longer than that

Americans be like "you MUST use this word that was made up on tumblr in 2003 to describe my super-special OC fagginess or you are literally Voldemort".
Day of the Closed McDonalds fucking when?

You're a prospective diversity hire user. Get that FAGMAN job.

If you want to have sex and can't you're an incel: which means involuntarily celibate. Asexuals just don't care or feel sexual attraction.

Attached: 2.jpg (668x850, 312.83K)

>i just have a very low libido. i jerk off twice a month, almost always because i have to

this is me too. if I have to jerk off it's mostly because I heard it's "good for my prostate"...i'm old yo

Well you're wrong. Just because you doesn't make sense to you or you understand it doesn't mean it isn't a thing. There's also being aromantic, i.e. being someone who doesn't understand what the deal is with romantic relationships. They have very small if any romantic attraction to anyone, and thus don't really understand on an emotional level what the difference is from just being a friend with someone. There's a good animated explanation about it on Youtube: youtu.be/qF1DTK4U1AM

It's really funny video of someone explaining it from personal experiences and how it took ages before they understood they were aromantic and how they badly just tried to imitate others without getting what having crushes was about, so they just decided that they had to force themselves to have a crush without any understanding what it was meant to be like.

Most things don’t need to be labeled though especially when it just means they aren’t interested in fucking

>Asexuals just don't care or feel sexual attraction.
hmm....thanks for clearing that up...I might actually be a aesexual.....nice- I don't feel as much a fraud now when I interview for that $35,000 a year job working for the Parks department

I guess my gripe with asexual is that it just seems...normal? Some people might not get horny or like sex. Does it need a special name and need to be included in the LGBT? And the definition seems so...loose it feels like most people could exhibit SOME traits of it.
>I am asexual and experience no sexual desire for either sex or any sexual situations.
Got it.
>I am asexual but very rarely I do get turned on and have sex/masturbate.
Sounds more like a low sex drive but ok.
>I am asexual but also I regularly have sex/masturbate. I'm not CRAZY about it but I have it all the time.
This just seems normal to me. Not everyone's gonna go completely GAGA over sex.

Like...why is it such a loose definition? And why is it even considered a type of "queer"? It's not something that goes against status quo like being gay or trans. If you tell someone "oh I'm just not all that horny" most people won't fire you or hate you for it. Unless you're hot as shit, most people won't even know that about you.

>Most things don’t need to be labeled though

Oh my God, talk about being so triggered you think we can't have words about x because that makes you uncomfortable that there is a word that automatically explains someone classifies as a person who has a distinct lack of sexual attraction.

Been around since before the 70s, m8

Is there seriously nothing better you can do with your time?

>If you tell someone "oh I'm just not all that horny" most people won't fire you or hate you for it.

But they would automatically label you as frigid if you're, say, a woman talking about not feeling much sexual urgess. So it's kinda weird you object someone using asexual to say the same thing without the clear negative subtext associated tonit because it's usually used derogatory manner.

>>I am asexual but also I regularly have sex/masturbate. I'm not CRAZY about it but I have it all the time.
>This just seems normal to me. Not everyone's gonna go completely GAGA over sex

THIS ONE.....this is SUCH A COP OUT......if this is the case, then alot of y'all niggas can be possible diversity hires yo

Fuck, forgot image

Attached: lesbian-feminist-dialogue.png (802x1089, 1.11M)

Wow, I really cannot escape this video can I?

Yeah, I really don't see it as being part of LGBT because... Well they've not really been part of it so far, there's no real community there."Hey wanna go to an asexual bar?" said noone ever.

Wait, asexuality is an orientation now that requires coming out?
So, I guess atheism is a relligion then?

Wait why is his son black? Did he colonized any black cuties?

He’s also 1/4 Korean and was featured in DC’s Asian special.

Also, DC is building their franchises to have a character be on the LGBTQIA spectrum: Batwoman is a lesbian, Jess Chambers Flash is non-binary. Jackson Hyde Aqualad is gay. Dreamer is trans. Jo Mullein Green Lantern is bisexual.

Connor Green Arrow being asexual gives ace people rep.

Attached: 4E6A4F6C-259F-42A4-92F1-05D0124E2DEF.jpg (960x698, 674.59K)

>there's no real community there."Hey wanna go to an asexual bar?" said noone ever.

I dunno, sounds like something you would absolutely do if you just wanted to get wasted and didn't want to be worried about rapists or people trying to hit on you all the time.

Sounds like DC is doing representation pretty effectively.

His girlfriend was a 1/2 black, 1/2 Korean hippie college student named Sandra Hawke.

Pic is her.

Attached: D68B0F4D-9A7E-467C-94C6-E32E41EF9C14.jpg (556x1554, 788.23K)

Too bad they fail at everything else. Because in the end - who the fuck cares about their sexuality, if you don't care about them as characters?

I don't think "I have low sex drive" is all that negative. I mean if you're constantly being pursue'd by guys who get all buttmad that you won't sleep with them, or like you've got a bunch of buddies who get all annoyed and weirded out that you're not out there fucking constantly, I get it. But the kinds of people to give you a hard time over "oh, I'm not interested in sex" are the kinds of people who wouldn't change their tune if you said "Oh, I'm asexual." The problem is those people, not the definition you use.

And that’s why Connor, Ollie’s son, is 1/2 white (blond), 1/4 Korean, 1/4 black and now asexual

>I don't think "I have low sex drive" is all that negative

Try being in a relationship where the other party never wants to have sex and this is something you never openly understood and accepted before you became a couple.

True. I didn't know most of these characters really existed until DC came out with their sexualities. Granted that's cuz I don't really keep up with the comics.

Guess who’s next to become queer?
The Shazam franchise.

Are you ready for bisexual Mary Marvel?

Attached: 767274DE-7DBA-4146-AA9F-9D8D557D597F.jpg (946x1240, 967.49K)

Wow, this news is sure to attract new and old readers alike!

>if you don't care about them as characters?

If you don't care about them as characters why are you complaining that they are openly non-straight or trans or whatever?

I don't like sex, I don't enjoy sex. I can totally have it but don't crave it or care about it. I'm also an extrovert, and socially well adjusted.
Is rare user, but asexuality and aromantics exists.

Again that seems more like a personal problem? Like I dunno, if you like having sex it's at least worth talking about with someone. If you hate the sensation of a blowjob you should talk about it. If you're super into anal you should talk about it. Your enjoyment of sex should absolutely be part of the conversation if you're gonna have a long term relationship. Otherwise you played yourself.

Is this a meme now? Who exactly is meant to be angry if Mary is potentially bi in the future?

Because they are cheap tokens. I mean, if you like boxchecking all the more power to ya.
I for one want Kate Kane to die in a volcano because she's such an unlikeable bitch, and being a token lesbian doesn't endear me to her in any way.

>I'm also an extrovert, and socially well adjusted.
>Is rare user, but asexuality and aromantics exists.

see, my "extro-vertedness" (for lack of better word) is a thing I use for my current job....it's like a facade...my sex life and personality is a "facade" is it possible to be a "closeted aesexual" ie having sex just to keep up appearances but not really giving a shit....

user they just sound autistic as fuck

>Again that seems more like a personal problem?

It's s relationship problem if your significant other doesn't get it and keeps trying to push for sex and then gets angry because you don't want to fuck Because they think you're intentionally denying them sex. And then you might feel pressured to give in and lay there so that you don't fight again, which isn't good or healthy.

also, as an "aesexual" I HATE being grouped in with the rest of those fucking weirdos in the LGBTQ+ community......fucking eww....especially gay men...fucking gross

Wow, they were wrong then and they're wrong now

>Because they are cheap tokens

To someone who doesn't read or like the characters and gets angry that they don't conform to heterosexuality, you mean.

Not that user but I don't doubt the existence of Asexuality all that much. I just feel like...in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter that much? Like it might make relationships a bit harder for sure but it just seems pretty normal. Or at the very least, not nearly as divisive as homosexuality is.

Not my case, I genuinely enjoy spending time with other people. I just don't want to gave sex (I only engage for the sake of my partner, again, because I like spending time with people. But I really don't care about sex)

Prudes will get mad.

Since Mary is a golden age character like Alan Scott, you’ll get the angry traditionalists.

Heck, Sappho was originally suppose to be the “S” in Mary’s Shazam powers. But they changed it to a made up goddess name Selena (close to Greek goddess Selene) who she acquired grace from.

Sappho and Sapphic meaning “women loves women” and where the island she was from, Lesbos, is where the term lesbian came from.

Look, Mary’s upcoming miniseries has a bisexual female writer. And was a writer on She-Ra, Princesses of Power.

Anons just need to accept that Mary becoming bisexual is inevitable

Again, that means you're dating an asshole. this is either something you work out with someone beforehand or if they just cannot understand it, maybe they aren't the one. Problems in the bedroom can absolutely be a deal breaker and if they can't respect you then it's reasonable to assume it's not gonna work out.
ie. a personal problem. Your SO is the one with the personal problem.

I don't get what you mean. If you wonder if its hard, no, not really. Is mostly living trying to avoid sex unless is to satisfy your partner. The only "hard" (is not really that hard actually) part is people telling you that they don't believe you, or something along of "you haven't found the right person yet". Turns out the right person was someone who just believe when I told them I really didn't care about sex.

>Im faking a condition to get an advantage in society, therefore such condition doesnt exist
What kind of logic is that

>I genuinely enjoy spending time with other people

with all due respect but YUCK

Wtf are you talking about? Just because someone doesn’t want to fuck or has a low libido doesn’t mean they are asexual trying to put everything neatly into a box is fucking retarded and over simplifies more nuanced thoughts and feelings. Trying to oversimplify and label shit is how we get into situations where people are discriminated against and segregated

Asexuality is a thing. It's just retarded to label it. But these aromantics are either just assholes or low-functioning autists. Not giving a shit about intimate relationships doesn't make you special.

It might not trigger as much kneejerk violent hate like being gay does but being asexual and your partner doesn't believe it's possible to be like at all, well that does have it's own issued, even violent ones in extreme cases. Educating people about this and it being openly talked about normalises it and makes it more acceptable. So where's the harm?

Solidarity and Unity in sexual minority groups gives you power.

Is genuinely fun. You should try it.

>Not giving a shit about intimate relationships doesn't make you special.

DING LEE LEE DING DING

>What kind of logic is that

makes perfect sense in Clown world

How often do you go to bars cause while it can happen is not some constant bullshit anyone has to face

It doesn't make you special, but you surely aren't the norm and it's frustrating when they don't believe you.

So why the fuck have companies gone from ignoring the snowflakes to glorifying them at every goddamn turn?

But why though ?

What is the point ? There's already a massive overrepresentation of LGBTQ, and it doesn't drive sales.

Is this escalation due to DC preparing to slash jobs and there being a race to squeeze in another LGBTQ character before the onslaught ?