Centaurworld

Fantastic show but man do I have issues with the Nowhere King story.
>The timeline is all fucked up
>Somehow the Woman and the General have been alive for centuries and nobody is calling out how they haven't aged
>Isn't waging a war against yourself kind of really stupid? All it takes is one brave soldier to take the initiative and assassinate the leader. If the minotaurs don't take orders, what's stopping one from killing one human?
>Why wasn't this story THE story of the series? I love the herd and all, but Horse's story doesn't have the same gravity as the Nowhere King's story. Really, Horse's story was barely relevant to the Nowhere King's story.

Attached: Tumblr Says He is Unfuckable.png (2048x2048, 917.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0sbnV6JMH4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idk I just watched for Glendale and found myself enjoying almost every character

How the fuck did this nerd become a general?

Attached: NERD.jpg (1087x486, 105.79K)

No it's not. You're just retarded.

second season was rushed, mostly alluded to netflix animation mishandling behind the scenes, so there wasn't as much time to revise and flesh out the story
also recent megadong interview
youtube.com/watch?v=0sbnV6JMH4g

Attached: give me the fucking booty.webm (708x404, 1.32M)

Time is more or less a mild suggestion at best in Centaurworld. If you try and have everything line up then that means the main cast barring horse is old as shit.

>thousands of people died bc a guy was insecure about his elk penis

I feel the opposite. I found the whole cast and setting insufferable, and watched it solely for the NK plot.

I'm not talking about the timeline in Centaurworld as much as the timeline in the human world. I can understand the herd being all 40+ because time works differently in that dimension, but in regards to the story of the Nowhere King, it's all over the place with some holes in parts.

Like what happened between scene of the Woman releasing the Elk and the Woman confronting the General and the Nowhere King in the Rift? It seems like the Elk told her everything about how he and the General used to be the same person. We see that the Elk is mutated into the Nowhere King after at least a few months, if not years, but somehow the Woman and the General don't have a falling out until once the Nowhere King has become gross? Wouldn't the Woman have gone back to the General, bring up all the lies he told over the years, then kick him out of the castle to live in shame? When she shows up in the Rift it's like she's just finding everything out.

>Louis J. Cuck
>Produces series about a guy cucking himself

Attached: Toilet Joke.jpg (1736x1633, 248.13K)

I do think the Nowhere King story really should have been the center of the show and not all stuffed into the finale. It's a really good story that really should have been explored more. They essentially had four characters in one and we only meet half of them in the final episode. The reveal that the General is half of a centaur should have been the twist the show built towards. It's an incredible twist.

>filename
R34 says otherwise.

Wow. A Mega Dong interview that isn't with an incompetent retard this time? I'll actually have to give it a listen.

Attached: nowhere uke.png (767x411, 179.88K)

The general & woman are alive because the magic burst that happened she tried to stop The Nowhere King

The greater complaint is that if the General has been alive for centuries, wouldn't he eventually arouse suspicion/a witch hunt?

Attached: aaah~.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

It probably hasn't been centuries then. Plus most people are too busy dying to pay attention.

Mega Dong says otherwise.

That's why Mega Dong included that line about him always wearing a helmet. The finale was probably the first time most of his army ever saw the guy's face.

Rider didn't recognize the General because she never met the General.

>happy easter, user!
>step inside my tummy for your gift!

Attached: FQlQahdUYAQdgrB.jpg (800x954, 67.75K)

>centuries
pretty sure it's been DECADES at most
most of the cast is in their 40's so is the Lizard guy
plus you can figure it out easily by looking at Wammawink who lost her family in the war like 40 or so years ago, and add to that the Woman went from looking like an older teen in the flshback to middle-aged when she banishes the nowhere King and traps him
I'd guess they’re in their 60's 70's
>though I have to admit the General does look pretty young and so does the Woman, but that could be chalked up to magic

Attached: 1633656987353.jpg (1080x1080, 61.18K)

How did they get away with stealing that design?

Attached: file.png (888x1300, 1.43M)

Seriously it's like they just took the same design then slightly edited it

Attached: file.png (1823x1300, 3.01M)

Man I love that manga.

>"Ooooooooh, how long has Horse been in there?! I need to Wamma-water the flowers so bad!"

have you heard of the Wendigo and looked how many films are out there with that monster?

Technically there's even the Jersey Devil that is depicted with a skeletal deer head about half the time.

>centuries
More like a couple decades.
>Why wasn't this story THE story of the series?
CW's overall message was to love yourself enough to let others love you. Horse's arc was just as vital to the show.

>second season was rushed, mostly alluded to netflix animation mishandling behind the scenes
I can believe that. A LOT of Netflix cartoons have been dealing with the same issue as of late, pretty much everything that came out recently has had only 8 episodes to conclude whatever story they're working on. He-Man, Kid Cosmic, Green Eggs and Ham. With a lot of creators jumping ship as well, it seems like Netflix just went full retard for some reason.

Agreed. It's strange to ask this of characters I found inherently repellant and unlikable, but after Wammawink's little backstory magic sequence I kind of wished the others got more distinct character arcs. Glendale's little powerpoint presentation for example felt completely unearned and out of nowhere. And somehow, Zulius ended up being the most likeable main herd character after Horse for me, and it bothers me we never did see his backstory or the context for his tiff with the fat tigertaur.

And I am NOT Zulius' target audience. It's just, the herd is so incompetent he manages to stand out simply by having some useful skills and common sense. There is a problem with your protagonists when the team flamer is the levelheaded one.

Nice bait faggot. It's a classic monster design from old myth inspirations. Just because you're an uncultured swine who doesn't know anything doesn't mean "anime invented it".

>for some reason
I usually chalk it up to a change in leadership

>Somehow the Woman and the General have been alive for centuries and nobody is calling out how they haven't aged
Mega Dong explained this in the interview no. 1 (poorly.) She either didn't care about the timeline at all, or there was no time left to flesh it out. And the herd is exactly as fuck-old as implied in the show because of an inside joke or sth.
>Isn't waging a war against yourself kind of really stupid? All it takes is one brave soldier to take the initiative and assassinate the leader.
It seems to be real hard to kill NK, and the General was protected by NK and usually staying in the shadows anyway.
>If the minotaurs don't take orders, what's stopping one from killing one human?
But minotaurs do take orders? Directly in their minotaur brains. It was stated that NK mind controlled them.
>Why wasn't this story THE story of the series?
Because it's the story of a Horse who befriended a bunch of weirdos and turned into a beachball? It's meant to be more whimsical and comedic that the story of self-cuck. You know, for kids. It's also a metaphor of the show's creator going to art college or something.
Japs didn't invent monsters with animal skulls and horns you dink. It's not even the same animal, this looks more like goat or ram horns, like on The Lich. I could just as well say that your monster fucker mangaka stole the design from AT.

Attached: Mari Lwyd.jpg (1080x921, 94.26K)

I think of all the monsters I know, the Wendigo is the most interesting because it seemed to change the most of all of them
think of werewolves, vampires and ghouls, and it is almost always the same
but the wendigo didn't look like a deer at first in the original myth and the entire deer-like look was a modern day invention
>I think King was the first one to describe the Wendigo with horns

plus even today people have different concepts of a wendigo and different interpretations, compare the Wendigo from Dusk(VG) to Fallout 76
and in some stories the Wendigo seems to be able to shape-shift and lure people in to eat them

one thing which seems universal though seems to be its hunger and that it's almost always emancipated
I think what a wendigo has to have going on in any case is that they're transformed into monsters because of greed/hunger and the willingness to still that hunger through any means
>and unlike (most) Vampires/werewolves/ghouls the reason for their transformation is (pretty much) their own fault

She said she met him, once, but he was wearing his helmet then.

Out of necessity. He married the princess, and then his elk half got ornery and started kidnapping people and animals.

Where?

>Ywn swim with the whale shaman for eternity
>Ywn travel the ocean atop her head as she sings a gentle song
>Ywn stop her crying just by being near her

Attached: Where the merfolk swim and play.webm (718x410, 2M)

>Zulius
>common sense
>levelheaded
Nope. He's just the oldest in the group, so unlike the others he lived on his own enough to not be completely ruined by Wammawink's helicopter mother shtick, and as per the flaming faggot stereotype, he also has good people skills and is capable of showing some charisma when he's not being a crazy self-centered drama queen and causing trouble on purpose. The thing is, all the centaurs in the herd have some unique skills, and they all act retarded like 90 percent of time. Durp and Ched are a retard and a retard lite, but they do some useful things, and Glendale isn't dumber or more useless than Zulius.

>emancipated
emaciated

Attached: makeover.webm (723x406, 1.3M)

well fuck me
at least you got what I meant

Attached: 1631305791752.jpg (2500x1437, 234.35K)

i like that megadong more or less answered horse' question

Attached: mades.png (850x850, 362.51K)

What was the answer?

basically both entities are the same "person"
same as the elk and general, hurting/killing one does it to the other
i guess the only thing that wasnt clear was whether the split magic gave them longevity or the rift shattering incident

Attached: look at him, he's gross.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

>t's also a metaphor of the show's creator going to art college or something.
She was an honors academic student who got accidentally assigned to a performing arts class, just like how Horse got pulled from a war into a land of magical talking candy creatures. Don't mistake Dong for another pampered and stupid artsy millennial who is out of touch with the real world. It's why her show has real emotion instead of some pale mockery of emotion like you see in other cartoons.

Attached: llama vs alpaca.jpg (1683x1202, 214.66K)

Best boy was robbed.

Attached: zulius is a fatty.jpg (1080x1080, 111K)

This doesn't really explain what would happen to the split rutabagataur, or anything else that wasn't already established in the show. The General didn't seem to age at all, so would the same happen to the rutabagataur, would it become a perma-baby? Mutations aside, even the regular rutabagataurs seem to be dumber/less evolved than animaltaurs, for example they don't speak normal language, which is probably why the human half of the fully grown-looking rutabagataur became a babbling baby. Growing up to become an adult seems off because it would be like ascending to a higher rung of evolution's ladder.

>an alleyway
>pearls for days
he's Battaurman

Attached: zulius fucking kills the herd.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

A lot of centaur shit seems to be based on their state of mind though. I doubt actual evolution rules apply to them. Ched had an egg baby with a skeleton for fucks sake.

it's a magical skeleton

Feels bad, man.

Attached: deztwyw-4ad7b256-280d-49d5-8c26-cfd638841d03.gif (640x448, 1.09M)

>pretty much everything that came out recently has had only 8 episodes to conclude whatever story they're working on.
Not really? I don't know about Netflix, but the last season being shorter than the rest seems to be very common in cartoons. I think most Netflix cartoons are not getting renewed in the traditional sense, the creators are informed upfront about how many seasons/episodes Netflix is willing to give them while their show is being greenlit, so it can't be a very recent thing.
>Kid Cosmic
6 episodes, and that was deliberate choice on the creator's part (Netflix offered him 30 eps at the very beginning, he took 24 to economize the budget.)
>Green Eggs and Ham
10 eps (S1 has 13 episodes though.)

there's been a lot of behind the scenes content from storyboarding and songs and such
any comments from the VA cast on their work on CW? seems like they enjoyed it
it's funny thinking back to when I saw Wicked years ago when Hilty was playing but didnt know her yet

Attached: man thing spotted.jpg (1470x1958, 161.68K)

>the creators are informed upfront about how many seasons/episodes Netflix is willing to give them
If it's based on budget, which it likely is, MegaDong probably had to choose between having all of her songs for telling the story by Broadway performers and having more episodes. Not really much of a choice. It's not like she or any of the other show runners could waltz in and demand X amount of episodes plus all the other stuff they considered important to tell the full story. If she wanted more episodes, she would've been forced to cut out something else.

there's those 'cursed' fanarts of glendale tugging open her portal tummy, but from the show itself it kinda looks like that's the case after all
>stealing that 5 story statue

Attached: auto portallatio.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

And now that I think about it, the second season of Centaurworld was actually as long as the first, because the finale was a movie similar in length to 3 regular episodes.

>If she wanted more episodes, she would've been forced to cut out something else
Speaking of cuts, they really wasted a lot of time on bullshit in the first few eps of S2.

Attached: FGbHf7BVIAUna7t.jpg (1542x2048, 123.59K)

Mega Dong says centuries.
The first season had a clear character arc for Horse. Second season felt like Horse was there by obligation. Every episode in the first season had Horse's character development furthered. The second season wasn't as tightly written. I swear the show was butchered in production but somehow the final product still works.
I loved pretty much all the characters (my favorite is the Glitter Cats), but the Elktaur was easily the least utilized.
The ages of the herd don't matter to me as much as the order of events leading up to and during the war. So apparently the Nowhere King was imprisoned decades ago but Centaurworld's battle against the minotaurs only concluded rather recently.

It appeared the General was always on the front lines given how he fought in the actual battle.

I was expecting the series to be about balance- you got to loosen up and you got to be able to defend yourself. The second season of Centaurworld should have had the denizens of Centaurworld confront the traumas of the past and live up to Horse's verses in "Fragile Things". Everything should have been leading up to Rider and Horse becoming a centaur as the two bridge the human world and Centaurworld. Rider should have also been the General's daughter making her the daughter of a centaur to build on the idea.

Attached: wendigo.png (623x585, 432.37K)

>It appeared the General was always on the front lines given how he fought in the actual battle.
Helmet. Death toll. Creator not giving a shit.
>The ages of the herd don't matter to me as much as the order of events leading up to and during the war.
They should. If you paid attention to their ages maybe you wouldn't be saying shit like this:
>So apparently the Nowhere King was imprisoned decades ago but Centaurworld's battle against the minotaurs only concluded rather recently.

>Mega Dong says centuries.
She said "at least a century" in the interview.

looking back, sunfish merguy's perspective was trying to cheer up an entire group of centaurs who he thought were gonna whale themselves, especially horse
shows derpleton all his games, 'flirts' with wammawink, probably let's glendale get away with smash n grabbing stuff

>my favorite is the Glitter Cats
they cute

Attached: slide.gif (446x286, 2.01M)

I love how Dong gave herself the most lewd and fucked up character in the show to play as.

>Everything should have been leading up to Rider and Horse becoming a centaur
>one mind and one soul pushing the other out of existence forever
This is insanely stupid. I want you to promptly fuck yourself in the ass then kill yourself, friend.

Attached: glendale wants to rape.jpg (1401x2006, 116.66K)

It still doesn't add up. The Elktaur didn't have the confidence to ask the Princess out then but now he's on the front lines peacocking his strength? We may have watched how the Elktaur's human half became the General, but it really isn't working for me.
>wat