Foreword

>foreword
>not written by the author

Attached: 1391195667805.gif (295x207, 567K)

I would be more likely to read an afterword. (I think my copy of 1984 had a good one.) Before I've read the book I'm not interested in what some guy has to say about it, because I won't know what he's talking about.

forewords are never written by the author are they

>foreword
>modern author's take on what a dead author meant in this 100 year old text

Attached: hit or miss.jpg (640x1024, 60K)

what’s the controversy?

>rap album
>skits

They're generally pointless, often a bit masturbatory. "When he wrote this, it was really good. The world had no idea how good it was at first but here we are, years later. I thought it was good too. Ok go ahead and read now"
I only want the original author's writing. Why is it so hard to get a pure version of an old text these days? Stuff goes into the nteenth edition and gets filled with footnotes and other crapola.

what in the fuck was that kanye

>masturbatory
do you actually use this word?

Only on taiwanese water polo chatrooms.
It's fitting though.

Based

Big brained poster here

>that cringy Neil Gayman foreword to Hitchhiker's Guide which he clearly based off Wikipedia

Attached: ded5788.png (1200x630, 307K)

Footnotes are helpful, though.

nigga what the skits in cd are the best in the game

I want to start reading Tolkien but I don't want to read LotR. Is that a good idea?

You can read The Hobbit and The Silmarillion and a couple other stories like Beren and Lúthien.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I stumbled on Men of the West yt channel and it made all the Legendarium stuff so enticing. I want to sit down and read the LotR but I am a brainlet

Just read it.

hahahahahahahah i wish i was a girl so i could cuck you hard boyo

It's fairly easy, bro. I'm an ESLfag and I'm having a blast reading Tolkien.

Ok user I trust you

>Hitchhiker's Guide

Attached: really.png (128x117, 22K)

It's a fairly enjoyable piece of light entertainment, I must admit.