ATHF

Aqua Teen got a new short
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPXbl6lDIs

Attached: bananna.png (1754x1198, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ack3QOzQt4M
comicbook.com/anime/news/aqua-teen-hunger-force-creators-return-interview-aquadonk-side-pieces-exclusive-clip-adult-swim/#2
youtube.com/watch?v=bKH-J3f2RkM
desuarchive.org/co/thread/129672442/#129672442
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow I guess there really is a lot of polish lost even with ATHF's already low-budget animation from 2000

Jesus Christ, this show really was a product of it's time. It's style of humor just DOES not work today.

They got Frylocks voice actor back?

no they just didn't give a shit

Attached: firefox_2022-04-18_12-11-34.png (1260x822, 1.48M)

pretty good.

Attached: carl the wise.jpg (400x300, 27.78K)

I liked it, pretty good for a short. Glad to see that they didn't become PC.

Kill yourself

Good to see Carey Means working

Don't forget we also have another movie coming later this year

It's like putting Cheers and it's slow relaxed style of humor and setting it the modern era. It doesn't work with the faster pace most humor is today.

Gladly

Slow as shit

I don't know what you're talking about. Sure it wasn't among the best episodes of the show, but it made me chuckle.

this is just what they got done when they were given an hbo max series before it was cancelled

Only thing that I didn't like was how everyone could understand Handbanana. Otherwise, it was a nice ATHF short.

>didn't call the horchata horn the hornchata
One fucking job.

It's because of the setup that makes it so unfunny.
They did the same "characters are secretly being watched" setup in the finale for Unit Patrol.
youtube.com/watch?v=ack3QOzQt4M
Frylock was even the same "unknowing commentator" in it for this scene at least

Attached: firefox_2022-04-18_12-24-28.png (745x895, 1.49M)

It is me or did the animantion in aqua teen improved a little

I have no idea what either of you are talking about. It looked the same as the animation in the HD seasons.

Too often does PC culture find a problem with jokes about being raped by dogs.

comicbook.com/anime/news/aqua-teen-hunger-force-creators-return-interview-aquadonk-side-pieces-exclusive-clip-adult-swim/#2
>ComicBook.com: It's hard to believe, because I see reruns all the time, but it's been a while since we've had new Aqua Teen. So how does it feel jumping back in for [Aquadonk Side Pieces] and the new movie?

Matt Maiellaro: We felt very excited about it. We were stoked to get it going. It was just like flipping a switch. We just started doing ideas and making it work.

Dave Willis: Great...being away from it for so long, I think, it was really nice to jump back in because it felt fresh again and fun. Even though the world was going through a pandemic, we were having a good time.

>You both have reinvented the show lots of times over the course of its original run, [and] then here we are again with a whole new kind of take on it. So when coming back to reimagine it again, what's the challenge in keeping it fresh and making sure it feels new?

Maiellaro: It's just our brilliant comedic writing.

Willis: It's sweet that you said that we reimagined the show because, really, all we did was just retitle it every year. [Aquadonk's episodes], they're focused on some of our favorite villains over the course of the run and they're really short. They're internet-made. They're all less than three minutes and they're just fun and surprising...They're sort of a fun way to look at it just from the villain POV.

>Speaking to that, was there a particular villain that you were especially excited to bring back and explore in this way?

Willis: Hand Banana actually appears in 2 of these. You would think that a dog that loves to [assault] Carl would be only really good for one episode, but we were able to stretch two out of him. We get to see the Frat Aliens all grown up. Happy Time Harry finally finds his place in the world. [Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past] gets vengeance on his most dreaded enemy...It's really like bringing back all the old faves.

Attached: doofis.png (1682x1008, 914.66K)

>[Aqua Teen Hunger Force] has worked with a lot of guest stars over the years. If you ever get the chance to bring more in, is there anyone you'd like to work with again?

Maiellaro: Well, we did get to work with... It was amazing that it's been almost 20 years since we did that Happy Time Harry episode and we were able to get David Cross to reprise his role, even though we send him a microphone to record at home with no directions on how to hook it up. That was a frustrating Zoom call for us, but certainly for him. He held up an Amazon pack and was like, "What am I supposed to do with this?" [Patton] Oswalt reprised his role as the frat alien. That was fun.

>In terms of working over the course of the pandemic, speaking of the Zoom troubles, how was the process of making Aquadonk Side Pieces during all of this?

Maiellaro: It worked out. There were some issues here and there, technically, like the microphone thing with David Cross and getting used to Zoom stuff. Dave and I were recording everything from our own homes, building these makeshift studios. But it was not the same as down with an editor and just working on it real time. Much better in-person, especially when you're editing.

Willis: But, that said, as opposed to a live-action camera shoot, where they were down for so long and then they had to hire medical crew and the budgets went up by 25%, we were able to slowly, maybe 60% of the efficiency, but we were able to chip away and make these via Zoom and everyone was able to keep working and keep doing our thing. That was also good because we were, as you might remember, all trapped in our homes with our families. So it was nice to continue to do what you do and, more importantly, be able to pay for the toilet paper that wasn't on the shelves.

>One of the things that fans made note of with the first clip that came out during the Adult Swim Festival was Breakie B, the dancing robot. There were a lot of comments talking about how that seemed super well-animated compared to the rest of the series, so how's the production like on the back end now that you've come back? Are there improvements or changes in that manner?

Maiellaro: Well, we got to improve a lot of this animation because the movie was happening at the same time. The movie was being built differently than we used to make it. We were able to roll these into that system. You just type a script and you feed it into the computer and it just animates it. It's really remarkable.

Willis: I think the shorts were a good excuse to re-approach our animation with a more modern... I think you'll see, when the movie comes out, that the show looks different. We didn't reinvent the look of it, but it's just got a sheen to it. It's just got a little bit of a reboot to it where it's upgraded in a way that I think will be mind blowing to fans, or stuff, when they go, "God, it's actually animated a little bit." These characters actually can move something other than their mouths.

What the fuck are you even talking about? ATHF's writing and humor still holds up strongly.

>When coming back for this second movie, was there something that you both had in mind for what you wanted to do with this second one that you weren't able to do with the first one?

Willis: The first one was just a mishmash of just jokes and there was sort of a story. But this one actually has a nice journey for all the characters...I don't know about Matt, but I think this is one of the best things we've ever done. I really love this movie. I think it's really original and it's got a lot of... We do one thing that I've never seen before. I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it, but I think it works. We'll just say it's interactive. It is an interactive experience...It's just really funny and really enjoyable and didn't overstay its welcome. It's just a fun, tight experience, man. I hope a lot of people check it out.

Wait, the HBO Max Aqua Teen movie is cancelled?

no, see

No, but people are worried that a lot of Warner projects will get canned because of the Discovery merger. The new person in charge is apparently looking to cut costs.

Understandable. I'm hoping the Warner/Discovery merger won't cancel any plans for Aqua Teen Venture Bros., or Metalocalypse movies for HBO Max.

It's like they never left. Fuckin' nailed it.

fuck off and go back

Attached: comblr.gif (375x304, 877.19K)

You must be 18 or older to post on this site.

New Aqua Teen shorts are very exciting, fun that this one is like a sequel to one of my favorite episodes.

Somewhat relevant, Robot Chicken had a Venture Bros sketch with Doc and Jackson
youtube.com/watch?v=bKH-J3f2RkM

that carl running animation was really uncanny, like hes ran before but the way they edited the shots and everything was certainly different
I liked the short, it feels amazing to have everyone back. Im very happy Carey Means is working again.
I deeply, tremendously miss Clay Martin Croker.

Attached: 1650089232776m.jpg (1021x1024, 123.83K)

you really are infantile

Is Frylock's voice actor doing alright?

second post worst post

Attached: your-meds-schizo.png (739x739, 832.7K)

This

Meatwad get ipad

Heh.
>go to channel
>Shenmue: The Animation
Christ on a cracker who wanted 12 episodes of working a forklift job over and over while just missing the window to advance the plot?

A better question is what the hell happened to the animation on the Blade Runner anime, but I guess that's technically Toonami. Whatever, same timeslot.

That was really good actually, lots of energy just like classic ATHF.
Man, now I'm really gonna be sad if Frylock's VA dies.

Huh? Did I miss something? Is there something wrong with Carey Means?

I hope he gets better, last I heard he was in the hospital

user... he's hospitalized. He got diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Pic related are what his feet look like now.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/129672442/#129672442

Attached: congestive.png (1432x1435, 1.98M)

ITT come up with alternative Aqua Teen spinoff titles

Aqorneas los Adolescentes

Attached: Vlcsnap-2014-03-25-21h04m32s64.png (720x540, 577.05K)

Sola's always looked spotty with Production I.G. footing the other half.

Oh damn. I didn't hear about that. That fucking sucks, I hope if the series gets a full revival he's still alive to continue voicing Fryman. It wouldn't be the same.

aqua adolescent group enhancer

Agua Tin Harder Forts

>It's funny because uhh... a man is being gang-raped and tortured

Attached: pep.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Unironically yes. The original episode with Hand Banana did the joke better, but Carl is a based asshole. He's supposed to be the butt of jokes.

Pretty much this. A little disappointing that they brought back Hand Banana. I'm just kind of tired of every show (including the ones I love) reuse such one note characters like this. Still optimistic about future ATHF projects though.

Aqua Nation Urination
Aqux Latinx Hungex Forcx
Aquatic Youth Starvation Force
Aqua Aqua Force Force!
Reboot #312
Aquaman Hungry Joy
Aqua teen: Spirit: Force: Hunger: Milkshake: The Movie: The Game: The Show XII
ATHF Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Carl & The Aqua Teens
A surrealist animated television show appealing to the 18-34 male demographic.
Aqua Teen Hunger force BOOM!
Shake & Fries
Aqua Skull Brutal Force: Risen from the Dead (Like Jesus)
Not to be confused with Teenage Euthanasia
@&uA T33!\! H&n83r F%r$3
A*** T*** H***** F****
Aqua Teen Hunger Force: The Forcening
Desert Aged Nourish weakness
Aqua Zoom Hunger Gals (Guest starring Amy Schumer)

I heard that these shorts will moreso focus on the series’ villains, dont have a source though.

Aqua Taco Burrito Combo
Aqua Flaming Sandstorm Deluxe
Aqua Time God Memory Holes
Aquawide All-Stars
Aqua Teen Marine Corps. `72
Aqua AKA Liquid Water H2O
Aqua Licensed Plastic Blonde Girl Power Hour
Aqua 1-800-DANGERMEN
Aqua Pimp Hand Party Time
Aqua Erotic Bakery Boyz
Aqua Moob-Slap Gut-Flaps
Aqua Universe Destroyers 'R' Us
ATHF-FHTA: Soul Eaters
Aqua Fuck It, You Know the Drill

Aqua Donald's King Jr.
Aqua Trademark Renewal Force
Aqua Ultra Hi Def 4K
Aqua F_CK THA HATERS

It's only 3 minutes and the humor was pretty fast paced, you must have ADHD if you find this relaxing.

>>It's funny because uhh... a man is being gang-raped and tortured
I know right

Attached: hilarious.jpg (293x196, 10.26K)

Same user from the post being quoted (There's a long ass one prior to it that ain't mine), just had more pop into my head.

Aqua Teen TONIGHT! with Quentin Carlos
Aquabethan Marital Aides
Aqua Teen Home Pregnancy Quest
Aqua Rainbow SuperSquid-Sex-Squad!
Aqua Brain Thrust (Short Circuit Edition)
Aqua Jenkem Party Box
Aqua Mystery Miles Per Hour
Aqua Destiny Force Zero
Aqua Trucker: Lone Road Chaos
Aqua Beef Stew
Aqua VAL-U Lizard Wizards
Aqua Teen Hunger Strike
Aqua Master Bedroom Crew
Aqua Kings Shwoboating Supreme
Aqua Thunder Booty Plunder
Aqua Shamans Spiritual Rehab