Did it have a seasonal rot? It was pretty long

Did it have a seasonal rot? It was pretty long

Attached: knd_hboMax_banner.jpg (470x322, 109.86K)

>TV Tropes
Never.

Rare case of the show getting better as it went on imo

No.

It got very serious at the end. Which works in the sense it hooks the viewer, but I think it was a mistake to make a show about kids get so deep.

There's something sad about being in the K.N.D then being kicked out when you turn 13. Or how adults know nothing about what they've done like Nigel's dad.

The quality lift from S1 to S2 was jaw-dropping

How did it improve?

Not really, but I do remember a season in the later half where most of the episodes were movie parodies

Story arcs

Season 1 was pretty rough until like the last 4 episodes
Introducing more members, more recurring villains, story arcs and bigger stakes really helped the show set off

I wholeheartedly disagree. The addition of lore actively harmed the show that was best when it was essentially a group of kids going on silly adventures based on the kid of stuff kids would squabble or complain about like how unfair adult swim was. The addition of weird lore like the moon base, aging being a literal disease, the weird political espinoge in the knd, and the galactic kids next door were all very strange additions that felt way out of place for what started off as a fun adventure serial. It also meant the creators had to retcon a number of show aspects like changing the Numbah title from being one of rank to an arbitrary number you chose for some weird reason.

Consistent quality all the way
>Cow and Chicken
>Courage
>Kids Next Door
Suffered from seasonal rot
>Dexter’s Lab
>Powerpuff Girls
>Ed Edd n Eddy
>Billly and Mandy
Improved in later seasons
>I Am Weasel (Weasel and Baboon went from enemies to friends and the plots became less formularic and more over the top and experimental)
Inconsistent quality. 50% good 50% bad
>Johnny Bravo (different showrunners)

KND was ridiculous but in an epic kind of way
Can you really remember any episode before Numbuh 274 got introduced?

This, it was an incredibly run-of-the-mill cartoon early on. It was only when it went over-the-top that it finally found its footing.

Why do you keep spamming this thread? Did Warburton kill your dog?

This

?

My only problem was Father becoming more of a joke as the series went on.

That made me so upset

Season 5 was the weaker than earlier but it never got outright bad.

It basically peaked around Operation Zero

>Operation Zero
kino

Attached: iu.jpg (320x240, 17.25K)

No, its quality was all over the place at all times.
>The addition of lore
Not trying to disagree, I mostly preferred episodes depicting kid-adult tension like dentistry, but the "lore" was never consistent, routinely ignored or retconned, didn't actually exist (except in some writer's notes, if at all) so most episodes were in medias res and even ended before the conflict concluded.
It was so bad it was like every other episode introduced a character who underwent 1-2 seasons of character development and backstory you never got to see. And this shit was happening in season 1!
>Can you really remember any episode before Numbuh 274 got introduced?
You mean a season 1 episode? Yeah, the turnips, bring-your-numbah-4-to-work-day, minigolf and Tommy episodes sucked.

Attached: blister lips.jpg (480x360, 13.47K)

>kino
Take your shitty buzz word back to Yea Forums where it belongs.

Autism.

Keep crying

Gonna cry?

Why are lorefags always the biggest pussies the moment someone challenges the necessity of lore in cartoons and comics?

>lorefags
this was lore before calarts shows turned lore into a cancerous disease

>necessity
This is just about your shit taste, you could argue multiple things in a show aren't necessary because they're also things you don't like personally.

I feel like Season 6 of the show got almost mean spirited at points:
>Sector V is always bickering or frowning; beats the shit out of or intimidates people that slightly annoy them
>side characters jerks or annoyed by main cast
>episode plots and morals got more cynical
except the finale, of course
Not that that makes S6 a bad thing though, had a lot of kino in it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75.34K)

>>Sector V is always bickering or frowning;
If they explained this as them being distressed due to getting older and getting closer to being 13, I could buy it.

>>

Attached: 1597538595331.png (1445x1125, 795.21K)

Attached: 1553052025922.jpg (1000x528, 66.43K)

It was great pretty much all the way through. Had some stinkers here and there like the pinkeye cake episode but still overall great. It still is and probably always will be my favorite show of all time.

>HUGS
>LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HAVE COME TO HUG YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE

Attached: ezgif-4-2ef6aa472e.jpg (360x360, 31.78K)

What was this a reference to? Always escaped me

That's what I always assumed, but it's never mentioned at all, and seems to apply to everyone unilaterally.
I remember growing up, I thought the darkness of 'Operation ZERO' jaded the characters some

Nah, but I do think season 1 is a little weaker than the other seasons, which makes sense since Warburton was still figuring out the characters/world. I also don't mind the addition of lore, as the show still made sure to stay fun at its core. The lore wasn't used as a crutch.

The quote user posted is the opening dialogue from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, the malevolent robot who's name is a corrupted version of its original name at creation is from the first Star Trek movie from the 70s

I feel like in spite of it having pretty strong continuity later on, it's still pretty digestible to the average kid. I didn't follow it too well as a kid but I understood what was happening in each episode, even if the broader consequences and returning concepts went over my head a bit. I think it makes it more compelling for teen and adult audiences and helps mitigate some of the show's more annoying moments, because I really enjoyed the show upon rewatching it last year.
Also why the fuck is I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S. not on HBO. I don't think I've ever seen a non-TV rip of the episode online.

I would imagine licensing with the live-action actors

Faggot

>EEnE
If anything S1 is easily the weakest and then it gets great. Even if you don't like the school seasons they're a good step up from S1.
>B&M
See above

The lore got deeper to uncanny ways

I guess that makes sense. It sucks since it's a fantastic finale and seeing it again as an adult, in all of its 360p broadcast rip glory, was really poignant and I hope they can get G:KND off the ground someday.

>then being kicked out when you turn 13

Some of the teens in the show are still operatives.

>360p broadcast rip glory
Fuck bros, when are we getting a blu-ray (or even DVD for God's sake) release of the complete series?
I'd love that and some audio commentary from Warburton

I think sleeper agents as a concept kinda ruin the show. The sentiment behind it makes sense but it hurts the stakes somewhat

>I'd love that and some audio commentary from Warburton
This. His blog posts about the episodes were very entertaining reads. It would be great to get some more behind the scenes tidbits from him.

Wow, look at this teenager and his big boy words.

Numbah 5 already had it hanging over her head. She was pretty much ready to give up to her sis until Maurice revealed himself.

for me, it's the Nude Torpedo

Attached: 1427695509165.png (640x480, 513.88K)

bump for a rare KND thread

Yay-uh

Attached: 6519.png (750x650, 132.31K)

Is it still true that KND is surprisingly still relatively popular over in Japan? I remember someone posting an image of Japanese KND merch that apparently came out pretty recently. What's going on over in East?

Why is numbuh 4 considered the dumbest member of the team when numbuh 3 is right there?

not dumb, just a hothead.

Reminder

Attached: numbuh 4.png (630x1004, 361.63K)

Because he's Australian

I mean the actual characters think he's a mental retard

This dick was pretty long

RAMON-4 was meant to be a reference, at least in partly, to Harlan Ellison and nobody can convince me otherwise. It's been a while since I last saw the episode but IIRC:
>Artificial intelligence developed by the US military to rival Russia
>becomes overtly malevolent because of an existential crisis relating to having it's personality pre-programmed; recognizes it's malevolence
>appears as a large pillar(of space debris, yes, but still mimics how AM is shaped in the game)
>5 people are forced to confront it
>generally doesn't act like V'Ger at all; apart from being made to drift endlessly in space, V'ger didn't start with AI, wasn't fully malevolent, didn't really understand it's intended purpose, and didn't have any personality
how did they get away with this?

Who's dick?