ITT: Shows only remembered due to a crossover

Would anyone remember the Critic if he hadn't been in a crossover with the Simpsons back when it was still good? The show didn't even air in my country.

Attached: Simpsons Critic.png (598x300, 312.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wE5u96KK35k
youtube.com/watch?v=VwoOWTABYbk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember watching the Grim Adventures and KND crossover and having no idea how the fuch was this guy at the time. Class of 3000 never aired in Latam for some reason.

Attached: 3000.jpg (1082x809, 157.37K)

Attached: tumblr_c7f69a809678709805590b4a915aa74c_9145eda1_1280.png (1280x720, 844.87K)

>Would anyone remember the Critic if he hadn't been in a crossover with the Simpsons back when it was still good? The show didn't even air in my country.
It aired in my country and I remember it.

Back in the mid 90s me and another guy were watching a The Critic episode one time. He said it wasn’t a funny show but a “thinking show” (whatever that means). Then we changed to The Simpsons and he said “now THAT’s a funny show.”

This is actually kind of similar to an actual scene in The Critic

More people probably know Uncle Grandpa from his crossover with Steven Universe than actually saw Uncle Grandpa.

It didn't air in my country either. I finally watched a few years ago from youtube.
This aired on the Nordic CN.

You literally just described the entirety of OK KO

Jon Lovitz doing the voice helped a lot tooo

The crossover made me watch The Critic and it was so good.

youtube.com/watch?v=wE5u96KK35k this one?

I checked The Critic out because of The Simpsons and I loved it. I always thought Jay was original.

The Proud Family wasn’t aired in many countries, but the Lilo & Stitch crossover did.

The Fairly OddParents crossover with Bunsen is a Beast

Attached: D452D87A-3840-4B3B-B843-31896A3049DE.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Attached: Tgis_prof.png (1280x720, 1M)

>Timmy's dad is there for no reason

I thought he wasn't allowed to see the fairies.

I only know of Blue Falcon because for some reason they kept shoe-horning him into Scooby-Doo, Dexter's Lab, and other shows. Same for a bunch of old HB characters.

They made him so stupid that he thinks Cosmo and Wanda are just kids with wings.

I honestly thought the critic was a simpsons character, it wasn't until decades later I even knew he had a show of his own

Lilo and Stitch had a surprising number of crossover episodes, yeah.

In LatAm they acknowledged this by changing Bart’s reaction to “oh no, the channels got crossed again!”

In hindsight it was accidentally fitting since The Critic did air on a different (and more obscure) channel for some time in that region.

I fucking hate how cliche and static this image looks.

>"I am opposed to crossovers (The Critic), this violates the Simpsons' universe"
- Matt Groening, 1995

Who gives a fuck? Any sense of integrity or internal logic The Simpsons universe once had was sent plummeting to Hell decades ago. The timeline keepa changing so that we're at a point where Homer was a teenager in the 90s and Bender from Futurama resides in their basement now, for Christ's sake.

I thought it was a reaction to the TV playing The Flintstones Meets The Jetsons.

who cares? this is a genuinely good episode and Jay feels less hamfisted than most celebrity guests at the time.

>Would anyone remember the Critic if he hadn't been in a crossover with the Simpsons back when it was still good?
Yes. Sorry about your little country, but my friends and I watched and enjoyed it here in the US, and it's fairly well known and extremely quotable.

I never see it discussed here on Yea Forums though.

>We're living in a world where some consider The Critic obscure
What a Duke-tastrophe

Baskup Tony Parker has a crossover with Sally Bollywood. The obscurity could go either way.

Attached: Sally-in-Baskup-Tony-Parker-sally-bollywood-40317304-640-360.png (640x360, 451.56K)

I fucking loved The Critic. Wrong show died, considering what The Simpsons is now.

Who is the forgotten here? Villainous or Victor and Valentino?

V & V is so forgettable that CN doesn't advertise that they still air it

I never knew he was from a diferent show until I was grown up.
I always tought as a child that he was the self insert of a late night host or something like that

Secret saturdays shares universe with Ben 10?

Ruining Drew's design like that should be a crime

Attached: MV5BOTY4MjUzMDY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg0MTIzMjE@._V1_.jpg (500x375, 39.57K)

The fuck are either of those?

I still see people using quotes from The Critic or even a few memes here or there. I watched it a while back and thought it was pretty good.

Jon Lovitz is also a pretty great voice actor.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20.13K)

Totally Spies x Martin Mystery
The implication of which probably means to can monster on human to the every growing Totally Spies fetish list

Attached: fmqx8hgchtr21.jpg (2048x1536, 265.7K)

Sneed Sherman (formerly Jay)

But he's not stupid, just negligent?!

Have the spies become monster girls yet?

Yeah

Same

The Critic is arguably more remembered because it had reruns on Comedy Central all the time which is how most people got into it. The Simpsons crossover is also a great episode with a bunch of memorable scenes and jokes and the fact it causes so much seething in Groening and other doofuses.

Then like the very next year he did an X-Files one.

Same

What's weird is that the Jay Sherman in the Simpsons was way more successful and charismatic than the version in his own TV show, where he was a douche few people could stand.

The live-action Disney channel show Jessie somehow had a crossover with the animated Ultimate Spider-Man show. And due to all of the crossovers the live-action Disney shows had with each other one could argue it means they're technically all part of the Marvel multiverse.

Sally Bollywood was a French cartoon that premiered in 2009, about an Indian girl who’s dad was a detective and she solved mysteries.

Baskup Tony Parker or The Basketeers in English speaking territories is a sports cartoon about a team of basketball players called the “High 5”.

Both shows didn’t last very long, but they did have somewhat of a crossover with Sally making an appearance in Baskup as a player.

I remember watching this episode before watching The Critic and I remember thinking, "I love this Jay Sherman guy I wish he had his own show". And then years later I found The Critic while channel surfing and was like, "hell yeah!".

>who’s dad
Fucking ESL's.

Crossovers mostly exist to expose fans to other series. But in some cases like in OP they exist purely to promote the least popular one. Although, occasionally you get a crossover that comes after one of the series has already ended.

Attached: FA36AF6B-EEE1-4B63-A7AA-FBE17E9A4709.jpg (875x1390, 177.16K)

Apparently it was because Disney policy for some reason prevented original Disney animated shows from having crossovers, but since Lilo and Stitch was based on a movie it was exempt from that rule.

Attached: 7Q6JNPU.gif (500x375, 498.87K)

I mostly just remember it for these videos
youtube.com/watch?v=VwoOWTABYbk

Attached: EpCiAtM.png (390x417, 302.54K)

Attached: 1551598703544.png (630x480, 264.98K)