Is it worth reading?

Is it worth reading?

Attached: A19bjBQAkKL.jpg (1810x2560, 1.7M)

Just reading? No, it would be useless. Going through it and solving each proposition by yourself like a problem book? Yes. But humanitiesfags probably would get very far without looking the solutions.

why should I care what some italian fucking caveman has to say about science

Yes Spinoza built his ethics off of this. One of the first examples of logic in the world and can help u craft stronger viewpoints.

ThisYou need to read math as if the author is some asshole hovering over your shoulder the whole time, poking you with a stick and saying "Ha, I bet you can't do THAT, faggot".
You'll gain nothing by just reading it cover to cover.

kek

woke and KANGpilled

Yeah Martin Shkreli recommended it

Attached: DA8F238F-20EA-42D4-B21E-2113661FC480.png (1125x2001, 2.38M)

How do I even study this book? I own the dover edition and It's not like a modern math/proof text book, do i just go through each proposition and draw the figures then read it? or am i supposed to be approaching it in a certain way?

i have a supplementary text but it says to read the first 30 something proposition before going back to problem 2 but idk what to do, i feel like i should be memorizing something? or at least the axioms and stuff like that.

Nothing in your image mentions Euclid.

I know, but type in Martin Shkreli book recommendation in YouTube, I know I know I should have linked it in the first place and that I should link it now, but I don’t want to.

my father is literally mathematician who teaches math in college and he hasn't read one single page of Elements
hope to find out how worthless reading this book is

If you want to learn geometry, you're better off with a present textbook, of course.

But if you want to grasp the kind of text that had an impact in western thought across two and a half millennia (and also a way of thinking) you should read it.

yeah probably in some no-name shit college and won't be remembered for anything important

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes. and read this too.

Spinoza and Wittgenstein and pic related followed the same basic format

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 9.51.33 PM.png (327x387, 214K)

You don't seem to understand how modern maths functions. You can make an entire career in pure mathematics without ever reading Euclid, it won't prevent you from making valuable contributions.

Heck my arithmetic teacher in grad school (Etienne Fouvry, the arithmeticians among us will know that name) once confessed he had never read a single page of Euler, who was much closer to his interest than Euclid.

>go to download the book
>BOOK ONE OF THIRTEEN
dropped

>tfw one of the world's highest IQs but can't help commit securities fraud

Attached: images.jpg (273x185, 9K)

Nah, he’s the definition of brainlet

Definitely not a brainlet. just socially stupid

I think it's sad that they teach the Pythagorean Theorem in public schools, but Pythagoras himself is reduced to a footnote. Normies will never bother to learn the Golden Verses nor his contributions to music theory.

As a math major in college. This is absolutely true. Modern mathematicians like GH Hardy are also completely unknown. It's pure bureaucracy and a shame.

lol do you think physicists read Aristotle? I mean, they could, but do you think they have to in order to amount to anything?

>You need to read math as if the author is some asshole hovering over your shoulder
ja

Attached: C-WVVmOUMAAEk9d.jpg (314x320, 27K)