You're not even worth it

>you're not even worth it.

Attached: worth.png (1272x948, 1.28M)

:(

Terrible fathers make the best grandfathers

What makes you say that?

I don't know but he's right, lol. My dad hates my grandad but he does nothing but spoil me and give me money. I think it's partly to piss off/hurt my dad even more though and drive a wedge between us as well, lol ( I wasn't really laughing, I just didn't want to end thinks like that kek )

Just watched this again. Last season is still good but "Honor" feels a lot more rushed then I remember. I mean I know it was cancelled but I thought despite that season 3 was very well paced up to that point; I remember the finale resounding with me a lot more 84 years ago.

This episode was the worst of the serious ones. It has the same problem Bojack does, Bojack may have gotten it from here, where it sacrifices realism for the sake of melodrama.
Moral Orel was usually pretty good at representing real things in its own cartoonish way, but this one they went too hard on /trying/ to be realistic, gritty, and dark and failed.

>84 years ago.
uh user, are you a time traveler

Attached: a0f.jpg (641x530, 31.26K)

>but this one they went too hard on /trying/ to be realistic, gritty, and dark and failed.
Huh? I don't really see how it's different from something like Help.

A lot of times grandparents try to be better adult figures for their grandkids than their children. Part of it is wanting to be a better person, part is wanting to leave a more positive legacy in their advanced age.
A part people don't typically bring up is grandkids usually aren't 100% their responsibility to raise, so the real stressors (bills to pay, mouths to feed) aren't really straining the relationship.

Help is pretty bad too but there's at least a token veneer of fantasy so you can just chalk up the parts that are too rough to weak hyperbole.

Sometimes I laughed at this show, thinking, “These characters are so comically repressed Christians; what funny cartoonish representation”
Then I started hanging out with devout Christians and I realized these people are in the realm of reality and walk the same streets as me.

Yes, it's very surreal.

But both those episodes are good.
I thought that every "serious" episode had an identical tone, with the exception of hopeful ones like Closeface, so I'd be curious about which of those episodes you liked if any

It's not about the tone it's about how the problems are presented. You can get serious and cut down on the humor if you know exactly what you're doing but if you don't then it doesn't work.
I went through the whole list of episodes to be able to say with confidence that Help and Passing are the only ones I have a problem with, because they inaccurately portray the problems presented in them and so are unable to correctly address them. Maybe I would say that the Sculptham portion of Alone was also bad, but I think that's only messed up because they were forced to rush everything for the cancellation and not because they didn't know what they were doing.

Overall I think Moral Orel does a great job presenting and addressing the conflicts it presents, whether comically or dramatically. It's just that for whatever reason the writers weren't able to do the parents right.

I loved my grandfather as a child but as I grew older my dad started telling me stories of his own childhood growing up, listening to his stories I really couldnt believe my grandfather was the same guy my dad was telling me about when he was younger.

happens to a lot of people and is probably the most accurate reason why.

same between my mother and grandmother

My dad treats his grandson way better than me.
I just think he mellowed out

Me and my Dad basically.

Yeah my grandma was a piece of irresponsible shit to my mum growing up and screwed her up in all kinds of ways by forcing her to essentially be self-sufficient at a young age AND care for her at the same time but I had no idea until I was like 18 because she was the kindest, sweetest grandma to me

lol i just watched all of moral orel yesterday

Jesus Christ you guys are REALLY INTO these comic relief characters. Makes me want to write my own webcomic so you faggots can discuss MY characters instead.

And governments and society ALLOW them to exist. We should break into their houses and run inspections on them.

and?

im confused why the dad disappeared after clay was given the gun
is it meant to mean his family never existed?
Was that the big reveal that was meant to be in season 4?

Not really. My dad was abusive and neglectful when I was growing up. He is also a shitty grandfather. Sometimes he'll send my daughter a birthday card or a Christmas card if he remembers, but he's more interested in spending time with his new girlfriend and trying to impress people with his boat and his possessions.

I lived Utah for a while and it reminded me of some of the more religious people that I met there.

It would have been interesting to see what they would have done if they had been given more seasons.

Stop talking about it and just do it desu

i wish clay was happy

Post a link when you get done.

You won't, you'll jerk off and go to bed after work like always.

This was probably one of the saddest scenes, even though Clay deserves to get some shit for killing his mom and his weird chicken related Oedipal Complex.

No, if anything, my grandpa and dad reconnect by talking behind my back

This episode stayed pretty grounded with what we know of Clay's father. The joke is that in a cartoonish world of religious nutjobs (and anti-religious nutjobs), Clay's father is a completely normal man stuck dealing with a world of idiots. DRXXG

I had some mormon housemates for a while while living in Utah. Fucking wild experience, it felt surreal at times. I have a lot of interesting experiences with them, but the one that stands out the most to me is they got together, had me meet with them, and they lectured me for like 40 min about my swearing because it made them feel scared in their own place and uncomfortable with bringing guests over. I don't casually use swear words that often, so this confused me a bit. Turns out it was my use of "goddammit" that they had a huge problem with. The whole interaction felt like an actual Moral Orel episode.

He probably just walked out of the room when Clay closed his eyes to prepare for a hit. Their living room had a few entrances to it. Its not like that episode was the only time we say Clay's dad.

I don't know if the show wants to me sympathize with Clay's father or not, when really he's the one who started the cycle of abuse and fucked up Clay forever. Before Orel kinda gives me mixed signals on that.
I rewatched season 1 recently and it feels weird how there ALMOST is a chance for the Puppingtons to be a half way decent, if not kinda fucked up family. Clay wasn't a monster in season 1 and seemed to care, same for Bloberta. Then the maturity episode and the christmas special happened and it takes a hard left turn. Maybe I'm just projecting cause a lot of it reminds me of my parents.

Damn near everybody has sympathetic qualities to them, and everybody has the ability to change throughout their life. Nobody is really just born evil and destined to stay evil. Moral Orel does a great job of showing us that when people act bad there is usually an underlying reason that we can sympathize with, it also makes sure to not go as far as saying those reasons are justifiable excuses for shitty behavior.

Do it then, pussy.

I guess it's either them realizing how they were pieces of shit to their own children and wanting a second chance later on, or the fact that their grandkids are their relatives but don't have expectations on them due to not having to pay anything for them unless they want.

How old are you?

Have you ever wondered why ultra hardcore Christians tend to be extreme Republicans and are actually rooting for people like Trump, Cawthorn, and Greene? Some of those people grew up in pretty much the same environment of family abuse that created Trump. To them, all this stuff the far right is doing is just natural and consistent with their expectations.

The left wing is terrifying because they're flighty and unpredictable. You never know what they'll do. If your dad hits you regularly, you can rely on it, but the parent who has mood swings and you never know what they'll do until they do it? Horrifying. Dad winds up being the good guy in that situation because he's evil, but trustworthy.

What kind of insane bootlicker mental gymnastics is this.

Did you guys kill your parents/guardians yet?

Ah, it's not that crazy. Think about it.

Imagine dad is always 100% and asshole, as in Orel. Every time you do anything, he will overreact and beat you with a belt, and say you deserve it. That's awful, but he always does it. So you at least have dad figured out.

Meanwhile, let's say your mom is Bloberta, and you never know what she's thinking. Sometimes she's nice, sometimes she's meaner than dad, and in worse ways that you don't fully understand. Remember when they abandoned Orel's brother, and that was fine until, with no explanation, Bloberta got mad and swapped the kids again? Like what the fuck is that. What is going on?

With the unstable mom, you can't know if she's giving you ice cream to make you happy, or if it's because it passes off your dad. All Bloberta's evil is contained in her head alone. She never explains herself. You can't know what she'll do. That's the parent that drowns you in the bathtub.

Then look at US politics and imagine you grew up in a family like Orel's. The Republicans will always punish you. They always say you don't deserve anything. They're your asshole dad.

Meanwhile the Democrats tell you they know healthcare is fucked up, they say someone needs to fix it because it's too expensive, so they pass a law saying you have to buy healthcare, and then prices don't come down and the Democrats act like you need to be grateful because they worked hard to do that to you, and you just don't understand how it helped.

The Republicans say they'll hit you, and they always hit you. Democrats will tell you they want to make you happy and then will do unpredictable, nasty things and call it a step in the right direction. Now also imagine you aren't well educated and have barely any understanding of any of this.

Not him but can I kill both of them?

Can attest. He could be hard sometimes, but my grandpa was the closest thing I had to a legitimate dad growing up and was really good to me, so it hurt a little when I found out he was pretty awful to my mom. Props to my mom for letting me have a relationship with him, though, he really was like my dad.

I never had this problem. Was my father was almost unpredictable for the 1% he wasn't being a Homer Simpson and my mother was 100% predictable about what pisses her off.
You Americans are just dumb as all fucking hell like any millennials posting on Yea Forums.
I am the exception, you are the rule.

It was a hypothetical about an abusive environment and how it translates into political viewpoints, user. Which gender does the reverse isn't the point.

>even though Clay deserves to get some shit for killing his mom and his weird chicken related Oedipal Complex.
As shitty of a person Clay turned out to be as an adult, he was just a stupid spoiled kid doing what he thought would fuck with his dad the most and didn't understand how badly it would affect his mother to the point of killing her. His mother smoked and drank like a sailor and IIRC had five miscarriages as a result, the latter would wrack any woman's body even if smoking and drinking didn't come into play. If Clay's stunt hadn't given her a heart attack, she probably had another year, tops.

Nigger I grew up in a very strict protestant house hold and to this day its the most accurate depicion I've ever seen

Being a grandparent is almost like being an aunt or an uncle. You get all the fun parts of being one but the second the kids start acting like shit it's back to the parents

This relies on so many assumptions it's astounding that you'd dedicate this much time and energy into typing it all out as if this is based on any sort of study. Why would you just make something up? Why all the armchair sociology?

It relies on the semantics of conservatives being consistent because "conserve" is in the word and liberals being chaotic because "freedom" is implied. This is fucking stupid because principles or lack thereof aren't a left and right thing. You brought up Trump, how can conservatives be consistent and support him?

>
Have you ever wondered why ultra hardcore Christians tend to be extreme Republicans and are actually rooting for people like Trump, Cawthorn, and Greene?
Go back to /pol/ to cry to them about how you hate every Republican, right-winger, conservative or even libertarian person who doesn't have the same opinions as you on politics. Not every devout Christian is for Trump. I've met a lot who are actually strongly left-wing, liberal types who hate Trump.

Can you be consistent whilst supporting a lesser evil over a greater one?

Are you implying that liberals jump from lesser evil to lesser evil while conservatives remain the same in supporting their same evil with consistency? What do you mean?

I thought this was a depection of a narcisstic parent, that episode where he went hunting hit too real.

We're talking, here, about the ultraconservatives you see in Orel, knowing that those people in real life are generally staunch Republicans to the extent it's considered an important demo. Why do you think the Republicans are anti abortion? Because they love babies? Fuck no, they don't love babies. A key voting bloc hates abortion and otherwise has no strong opinion on children's welfare.

There were Christian leaders doing photo ops with Trump and saying he was "chosen by God". We're talking about a particular subset of just downright abusive people and families who do horrible things, but try to surround themselves with the light of God to make up for it.

For those people, abuse and cruelty is consistency. If a child is beaten, it's supposedly to teach them the importance of punctuality, or deference towards your parents, or some other moral dressing, when in reality the truth is that those people have real problems and lose themselves in anger, and may come from a long line of anger and poor self-control.

Why is it people trying to surround themselves with the light of God in spite of their own nature resonate with one party? Because the language is consistent. Crack down on others, direct abuse where it's deserved, take from anyone who doesn't deserve. For that subset, I think, it's how you get not just a mother or father that looks like Orel's, but how you get whole communities that look like Orel's.

I'm just asking a question user

That can be reduced to traditionalist notions of might making right. Part of the reason why physical abuse was so important is because without a governing body or an educated ethical social framework all you have is the violence that you are capable and willing to carry out if someone fucks with your shit. Being isolationist and tribal lends itself to that lack of ethics and focus on what you yourself can protect and control. Violence is the most traditional means of control. Be it "I'm going to hurt you" or "you will hurt forever in hell" you don't need to entertain many outside ideas if you keep it simple.

What do you mean by the question? It's vague and doesn't imply anything because "lesser evil" doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. What was the point you were trying to make?