How do you cope with being a midwit?

How do you cope with being a midwit?

>will never be able to understand Hegel
>will never be able to fully appreciate Finnegans Wake
>will never become a Body Without Organs or even know what that entails

Attached: 1494958910994.jpg (374x404, 23K)

Top troll

I compensate by pretending to be well read on anonymous image boards and insult people whose taste I disapprove of.

just become a analytic instead, works everytime

>only fluent in one language
fuccck why am i such a pleb AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 7d5.png (480x261, 274K)

what’s a good Yea Forums second language?

English

Get a job and have sex

Most people say French, but I think German is better. Germany has great literature, AND great philosophers. Maybe over all their literature falls behind France, but it's not far behind, and they definitely have them beat in philosophy, so you get a double package. It's also similar to English so should be easier to learn. I would probably learn German if I had to chose one language. I'm a languagelet though.

if anyone from Yea Forums ends up in some sort of murder/suicide type situation you just know it's gunna be the ":3" guy

Yeah. Fuck.

The funny thing is:

everything I've said is true. Consider that. She was teasing me today.

The sick thing is, we are both making everyone else murderous/suicidal.

I mean, consider this: you are always all complaining about life and shit.

I never do. I never taunt murder or suicide.

I fake 'freak out' sometimes but I know its because Butterfly is laughing with me. We aren't always serious.

This is how people in their late 20s/30s are. Not miserable like you lot. She masturbated to me today and if you want to know something know this: I know other women in real life too. :3

English should be a third or fourth language at least

I T A L I A N O

Spanish, Russian, or Japanese

I dont think anyone knows what a body without organs is. If you look it up online, every forum that talks about it gives you like 10 different answers

D&G give like 10 different answers

You must understand that being into people like Deleuze and Nick Land is already a form of midwit coping

By not giving a shit you fucking homo. At least you are trying to understand shit and challenging yourself. Pencil Neck.

>tfw too dumb for masterworks but too joyless for genre fare

Attached: pepe-transparent-high-resolution-4.png (655x509, 25K)

French is a meme because "muh post-structuralism". The real choices are German, Russian or Arabic. Chinese gets a special mention if you want to peek beyond the curtain.

Any language beyond 1 helps though - just learn a little of something. You'll at least gain a broader grammatical perspective if nothing else.

French or German. Japanese or Chinese if you're an asianboo, Portuguese or Spanish if you want to be a contrarian but not really

>Jorges Luis Borges Reviews Finnegans Wake

>Work in Progress has appeared at least, now titled Finnegans Wake, and is, they tell us,the ripened and lucid fruit of sixteen energetic years of literary labor. I have examined it with some bewilderment, have unenthusiastically deciphered nine or ten calembours, and have read the terror-stricken praise […] the trenchant authors of those accolades claim they have discovered the rules of this complex verbal labyrinth, but they abstain from applying or formulating them; nor do they attempt the analysis of a single line or paragraph… I suspect that they share my essential bewilderment and my useless and partial glances at the text. I suspect that they secretly hope (as I publicly do) for an exegetical treatise from Stuart Gilbert, the official interpreter of James Joyce.
>It is unquestionable that Joyce is one of the best writers of our time. Verbally, he is perhaps the best. In Ulysses there are sentences, there are paragraphs, that are not inferior to Shakespeare or Sir Thomas Browne. In Finnegans Wake itself there are some memorable phrases. (This one, for example, which I will not attempt to translate: “Beside the rivering waters of, hither and thithering waters of, night.”) In this enormous book, however efficacy is an exception.
>Finnegans Wake is a concatenation of puns committed in a dreamlike English that is difficult not to categorize as frustrated and incompetent. I don’t think that I am exaggerating. Ameise, in German, means “ant.” Joyce, in Work in Progress, combines it with the English amazing to coin the adjective ameising, meaning wonder inspired by an ant. Here is another example, perhaps less lugubrious. Joyce fuses the English words banister and star into a single word, banistar, that combines both images.
>Jules Laforgue and Lewis Carroll have played this game with better luck.

Attached: c5c448dbece05b87f04ab3332c0586c9.jpg (250x352, 17K)

b-b-b-but muh cult of genius!11

I love Joyce but Finnegans Wake isn't for me. No problem with it.
Some writers have shit books, some writers have books aimed at a different public and I don't know which category is Finnegans Wake.

hegel is a satanist, you shouldn't want to understand him. joyce was a pederast, and deleuze is incoherent. find some better heroes, op.

just learn latin

I hate Deleuze he's completely nonsensical.

>Inb4 that's his point

>Maybe over all their literature falls behind France, but it's not far behind, and they definitely have them beat in philosophy
Lmao flat wrong, be less obviously German

>How do you cope with being a midwit?

deleuze is a performance artist on the page, singing intelligent sounding nonsense. he is not a philosopher. his words crumple like tissue paper when stepped through using an aristotelean measuring stick

Attached: wojakwithoutorgans.jpg (613x450, 28K)

Mio fratello!

Attached: 31Mu7S65imL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 7K)

Based Borges
And I say this as a fucking nogood Communist!!!

The worst is when you’re an actual idiot, but you unintentionally fool some people into believing you’re somewhat intelligent.

A real midwit would never be able to realize they're a midwit

>you will never be able to understand Kripke
results in the same problem

Attached: 1555699581858.png (645x772, 148K)

>will never become a Body Without Organs or even know what that entrails

>Arabic
literally never learn this language, it has zero literature

>Beats them in philosophy
Non

Latin

Butt but muh kneechi, mine kampf, and Marx.

FW is a literary shitpost by a genius who lived too long

lol

Attached: Ibn_Arabi.jpg (218x280, 9K)

>too stupid to pass an intro to philosophy class

this. just read a fucking intro book before getting into specifics

/thread

How do people not understand philosophial concepts i literally don't get it. You just think about it and that's it. Either this is bait or people have serious confidence problems

*whomse

Attached: 7227.jpg (1100x744, 166K)

if you just actually read those things youre ahead of 95% of the people with masters degrees, most proffessors are reading off notes from like 25 fucking years ago and have reread anything, the average slack jawed school teacher reads more

All lies. Ever since my weight climbed above 500, I've been chained to my bed. My food is delivered to me by a tiny vietnamese woman, who I'm certain gets sexual pleasure from feeding a white pig to death. My only outlet in my slow, painful and embarrassing demise has been Yea Forums. As you can guess, I'm miserable.

Please kill me. :3

oui

I wouldn't know the suffering of your class. I'm peak subgenius, therefore it is nothing for me to comprehend. the true goal i have is much loftier than mere comprehension, which shows your station different than mine in a wink. no, i want to create, to transcend. what strange purpose it must be to puzzle out Joyce's riddles, if all in good fun, to be sure, but to trudge through, joyless, i say phooey to that.

Sauce