IIT: characters or concepts you think are underrated

I like the whole concept of the Manhunters and I know they are relevan from time to time but I think they should be treated as something more than expendable thugs or lackeys.

Attached: Manhunter.jpg (1000x844, 327.08K)

I am still waiting for her run as the new leader of the Sinestro Corps

Attached: Sonarik.jpg (900x1367, 324.49K)

Not gonna happen while Thorne is on the GL books, motherfucker only pay attention to black and minorities

I always felt like Dreadknight was an extremely underrated concept, and I’m amazed no one did more with it.
>Former top scientist in Latveria
>Has plans to rebel against Doom, so Doom grafts a helmet to his head to match Doom, then kicks him out
>Dread Knight hates Doom and wishes to one day rule Latveria

There is so much you can do with him. Right off the bat, he should’ve been a side character in the Fantastic Four world, one that helps them against Doom but ultimately serves his own agendas. You could even have him try and create a civil war inside of Latveria, or feed information to another foreign country with the promise of being placed in power.
All he got was being an obscure Iron Man enemy, yet the idea writes itself.

Pic related

Attached: 008B1FB8-5B50-437B-8EBF-326EA2C05EA7.jpg (166x304, 18.53K)

>Man uses his souped up shipping truck to go on adventures, ship product, fight a satanic trucker that'd go on to show in Ghost Rider and the series ends Steve Ditko saying "SUCK MY DICK THESE TRUCKS ARE GOING TO OUTER SPACE."
>Also gets CB radio in his head thanks to touching his metal fillings

By this point Earth must have SOMETHING worth exporting around outer space. Or the ongoing adventures of the contract workers transporting Roxxon and Beyond's latest weird shit idea through different realities. But the "psychic CB radio" could just be treated as Roxxon or Beyond's product for employees which goes wonky and lets one delivery driver hear different frequencies or machines depending on how he positions himself.

Attached: us1.jpg (416x640, 58.72K)

I liked her in Morrison SSoV but hated her on Demon Knights. New52 ruined a lot of things.

Attached: 1526772370336.png (719x486, 226.94K)

These guys, would do something in the vein of Judge Dredd with them.

Attached: Americops.jpg (1988x2868, 1.85M)

I would like to see a modern reinvention of Killer Moth as a klutzy genius on par with Batman. I think it could work if done well.

Attached: EB0E6ED9-EE08-4596-9EE5-8072ECD33132.jpg (280x596, 67.19K)

Lefties would seethe with these guys

I think his 2 first supervillains Dr Death and Mad Monk are super underrated, one is a fancy mad scientist while the other is a supernatural cultist, they could easily be part of his top 10 villains again.

Are the manhunters like space sentinels or something related?

I think Dr. Death and Hugo Strange would work great together in a story. Death could be a mad scientist who works with Strange to the find test subjects. Strange could be manipulating him for his own ends and then dispose of him when he’s no longer useful.

Attached: Five.png (754x567, 484.58K)

I think the big guy appeared on that Telos mini he got after Convergence.

I like those guys. kinda remind me of Hatchiyack

Attached: Hatchiyack concept art.jpg (1920x1080, 501.53K)

Righties would seethe at the guns
>Gee, Bill. Your gun lets you have TWO magazines?!

Righties are anti guns?

Bump

how did the Legionnaire's designs look so good but these guys look like absolute shit? Validus looks like somebody's grandpa

If taken at face value from his Golden-Silver age appearances? Sportsmaster could be fucking terrifying as he's LITERALLY is the best at any sport and if written correctly he'd be on the same tier as Deathstroke, but nowadays he's just a goon with a sports gimmick.

Attached: Sportsmaster.jpg (219x455, 134.97K)

Did Polka-Dot Man became more relevant in the comics after the release of The Suicide Squad?

Only if they can keep her costumes FUCKING CONSISTENT

Proto-Green Lanterns that, like literally everything else the Guardians do/make, fuck up.

Also why the fuck is Manhunter a title by like 4 different properties in DC

if written correctly, I could see Sideways being *the* Multiverse token character. Not going to elaborate because I have a chance at DC's writing boot camp this year and want to pitch this idea to someone who can make it happen

Attached: sideways-900x900.jpg (900x900, 109.13K)

Sideways is really fun. Your idea would work with his last-minute cameo in Metal Men not seeming contrived.

Hatchiyack's concept it cool, it's just a damn shame how botched the execution was.

Good luck user. Please use the manhunters or at least mention them.

>The execution was botched
How?

>Also why the fuck is Manhunter a title by like 4 different properties in DC
There was Paul Kirk, and then Quality Comics ripped him off. Then Paul Kirk got cloned, and DC also acquired the rights to the rip-off version.

There's the legacy from Paul Kirk in the Golden Age that continues on, and then there's the Manhunters of the OANs--who're supposed to have inspired Paul Kirk after a fashion.

My details are pretty rough, but that's about the gist of it.

Righties would fucking love anything that would let you shoot MORE bullets.

by being a DBZ character lmao--especially a DBZ movie character

It was an OVA

Did you somehow miss out on Young Justice's take on Sportsmaster?

PDM died in the film, and other than the name and costume resemblance has nothing to do with comicbook Polka-Dot Man.

same difference.

I really like the Simonson/Goodwin version.

I thought Paul Kirk was Vigilante for some reason

What about Martian Manhunter?

DC loves the “Manhunter” title. Maybe there could be a crossover involving every character and group with Manhunter in their name. All the various Manhunter vigilantes (some through time travel), J’onn, and the Manhunters.

I just want to learn more about these guys. Anyone knows some runs where the mindless ones play a major role in the plot?

Attached: Mindless_Ones_from_Nextwave_Vol_1_7_001.jpg (1280x854, 714.04K)

I am sure Rocket Red was a Manhunter too at some point. Not to mention the obscure manhunter cult that was on earth a lot of years ago.

They were actually relevant on Ewing's GotG run.

Larfleeze is a one-man lantern corps with INT 2 who you can trick into going after anyone you need distracted/dead just by telling him your target has something he doesnt. Havent hear from him in years.

Attached: Larfleeze01.jpg (258x387, 37.88K)

Give me a quick rundown

Didnt read it but was it that run about a giant space gun or something?

It was about Dormammu possesing Ego and using the planet as the head of his body and trying to destroy or conquer reality. Mindless Ones appear as Dormammu's defense and wreck shit. Also Doom and the X-Men are involved.

I liked it and it seemed to be setting up some rules with how his power worked before it ended.

Attached: Oh Mosaic.jpg (1008x1555, 734.18K)

If he can fly why not carry our friend who can't fly with you?

They completely ruined her by turning her into Sinestra though.

Kek where can I read this

Look into old Dr. Strange comics

I love this orange idiot

Isn't Mosaic intangible or something?

Shame Thorne turned pretty quickly into an insane race baiter.

when did that happen?

He'd be cool if he was 100% as smart as Batman, but had a way smaller budget and that's why he looks so flashy.

He didn't seem bad in Marvel. Maybe DC just gave him too much freedom

Americop started off as a more restrained version of the Punisher, a vigilante who only targeted ex cons who kept committing crimes, modern Marvel had him die and be replaced with a private police force of brutal bad cops for black superheroes to fight. Mistakes were made.

Honestly all the other Lanterns are underrated. Red lanterns at least got some focus with the Supergirl run but they suffer from being inconsistent as fuck.

Did they have to pay Tom of Finlandia a license?

His mask should make expressions like spider-man.

They are just a bunch of Nimrods.

Not that user, but he was insanely boring and forgettable.