Why can’t the Simpsons staff take criticism?

Why can’t the Simpsons staff take criticism?

Attached: CFB713AF-1046-4854-9138-BBD7D206EECF.jpg (720x734, 80.41K)

Why do they care?

Why do fools fall in love?

biggest coping mechanism in a living being

Someone tweet them about the sub 1 million views for their ratings.

Nobody is going to shit talk the gig paying them $50k per session.

>Anything beyond season 7

Attached: 1599846021529.jpg (616x699, 36.27K)

Why do they care suddenly? Critiscism has existed for many years and they never gave a shit.

Season 8 is excellent.
If you watch anything after Homer vs. New York, then you're in for a lot more misses than hits.

They've lost to Family Guy and they know it

Stop posting this

>worst character's opinion

I’m watching it all in order and I’m on like episode 3 of season 5

>Yeardley Smith.
She knows she's fucked in the moment she can't voice Lisa anymore.

They could have just not say anything.

Yeardley Smith is a special case because the Simpsons is the ONLY thing she can do, she's not a very good actress
I found it weird I never heard of her in anything else until I got an anthology audiobook that had several different narrators for the stories, and when one started about an old man recounting a story to his grandson, it was just Lisa fucking Simpson talking at me, even when she tried to put on a voice for the old man it just sounded like Lisa, she has ZERO range whatsoever

I think Julie Kavner is too old to care and was probably smart with her money, Nancy Cartwright has enough skill to get other roles (for instance she is Chuckie on the new Rugrats series), and Dan Castellaneta is modern VA royalty who has been in so many famous series over the years that can can probably live off royalties alone
this is why Yeardly is the most vocal about defending modern Simpsons, because once it ends she is just over

Why do you care?

To be fair I don't.

There was a recent episode that dropped below a million viewers, they're spouting bullshit for attention.

That's a bingo. This is a cry for views, nothing more.

But surely even voicing a single character over the course of 30 years would net her enough royalties that she wouldn’t be out in the streets. It’s not a worry over cash, it has to be ego.

Word is the staff hate her because the network tells them to write more Lisa stories since she's the only va that does a single character. They need to justify paying her so much so the writers are compelled. I can imagine if the staff where you work hate you, and the public say your product is shit it could be demoralizing.
Then again she could probably buy an island in Dubai so she can eat my ass.

Isn't she also balls deep into Scientology, that can't be cheap

oh shit that explains a lot

Depends on her expenses, she could be living way beyond the means of what she'd have on just royalties. While rich people could live the neet life, few want to.

No, Nancy Cartwright is

Sunk cost fallacy

Attached: Lisa_the_Iconoclast_101.JPG.jpg (504x384, 88.29K)

>months old bait post
>Yea Forums still falls for it

Attached: aaf.png (680x709, 243.33K)

Why can't ANY modern animation worker take criticism?

what do you mean by modern exactly

That hasn't stopped Marge's voice actress

>Dan Castellaneta is modern VA royalty
He is legitimately a very funny man

or comic, really
no wonder everything is fucked

It's not just animation and comic. Extend that to Hollywood, too.

Because then they'd have to improve through hard work. If they're already famous and have a job and connections and possibly wealth, then why would they do that?

Yeardley Smith is a whiny wuss who the other Simpsons voice actors hate

WE NEED TO BELT THEM ALL. WE NEED TO SYSTEMATICALLY KNOCK AT THEIR HOUSES, SHOVE THEM ON THEIR BEDS AND BELT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THEM TILL THESE LITTLE ARROGANT GEN-ZER SHITS KNOW THEIR PLACE.

>Why do they care suddenly? Critiscism has existed for many years and they never gave a shit.
They used to have Comic Book Guy repeat online criticism just so they could mock it all the way back in the single-digits seasons.

Yeah, but that was it. They never made their minds public regarding criticism specially when criticism of the series isn't recent.

yeah this
thats why I asked this guy what he meant by modern because Simpsons workers have never been known to take criticism. This isnt anything new

Ah, so you're just shifting goalposts. Got it.

How? It's what it is, suddenly they give a shit about criticism that they come out to say anything about it, like why?

>Why do they care suddenly?

They've had the same line for like 15 years.

FYI this is an old article from a few months ago

And people point out to you they DID give a shit before and you make up a reason why that doesn't count. That's how you're shifting the goal posts.

>fucked
>making fucking $500k an episode
>$1.3m a season
I think she'll be fine.

I'll lead with a different question.

Why now they decided to bitch on the internet as opposed to just using Comic Book Guy again?

Because they made him a family man.

>Why now they decided to bitch on the internet as opposed to just using Comic Book Guy again?
The writers are not the same as Yeardley Smith.

You know people just clarify their statements sometimes, right? That doesn't make it goalpost moving. Not everyone is trying to swindle you out of winning an imaginary argument.

Yeardley makes hundreds of thousands of dollars per episode, and unlike Nancy Cartwright she's not a Scientologist. I think she'll be fine.

Attached: YeardleySmith_5_LisaSimpson.jpg (1143x1600, 80.84K)

Your show is bad and you should feel bad

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16.33K)

Futurama is going to be SHIT

>Cartwright was raised a Roman Catholic but joined the Church of Scientology in 1991. She was awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after donating $10,000,000, almost twice her annual salary, to the Church in 2007.
holy FUCK

Attached: 1631057393912.jpg (776x1216, 189.99K)

Why bother giving criticism? Just stop watching the shit

>two days ago

Attached: 1318614058872.jpg (407x379, 16.56K)

I really, really, really hope not. There are so many stories it could do especially now that you can have serialized shows.
It sounds like religious extortion. They guilt people into joining them, place value on people dependent on how much they give to the church, and withhold information from the public.

I think the CULgbT took a page out of Scientology...

Because it's full of full of SJWs

Funnily enough, Principal and the Pauper was produced in S8, and held over.

which episode?

Like her character, the voice actress seems like a bitch.

this new world of everything being critique free is retarded. Creators in all mediums need to hear when their shit stinks, but everything is so insular and made to keep people in their own comfy bubbles that any dissenting opinions are just met with hostility