The Heroic Honey-Bee/Spectacular Honey-Bee

Somewhere in the infinite Multiverse, there exists a version of the Marvel Universe where, instead of a Peter Parker who was bitten by a radioactive spider, there exists a Petra Parker who was stung by a radioactive honey bee, becoming the heroine: The Heroic Honey-Bee!

Previous Thread: desuarchive.org/co/thread/129717025/

Attached: HHB-Sinister 6 3.png (1280x1600, 773.32K)

here's a rundown of the rules of this universe:
>Only Peter Parker and his costumed friends and enemies (be them hero or villain) are changed, except for Dr. Connors, because it's funny
>Non-costumed folks (i.e. JJJ, Aunt May and Uncle Ben, MJ, Gwen Stacy, Harry, etc.) are unchanged
>The outside Marvel Universe (Avengers, F4, X-men, Daredevil and Hell's Kitchen group) are unchanged
>Swaps are more than just gender, but also in concept (i.e. Instead of a proficient illusionist, we have an incompetent witch. Instead of a villain themed to an aquatic creature with multiple limbs, we have a villain themed to a land animal with multiple legs, etc.)

Attached: HHB-100.png (1320x2078, 657.85K)

Here are the mappings for those that are changed:
>Spider-man ->Honey-Bee
>Scarlet Spider ->Bumblebee
>Green Goblin -> Purple Pixie
>Doc Ock -> The Centipede
>Mysterio ->Dazzla (formerly Mysteri and Enigma)
>Chameleon and a bit of Screwball -> Toxic
>The Vulture -> Black Swan
>Rhino -> The Doe
>Shocker -> Quake
>Silver Sable -> Bronze Bear
>Black Cat -> Red Fox
>Grizzly -> The Ring Leader
>Kraven the Hunter -> Saeoris Craven: The Bug Catcher (name pending)
>Hobgoblin -> Red Cap
>Venom (and a bit of Scorpion) -> Dragonfly
>Carnage -> Tarantula Hawk
>Kaine -> Lilith
>Scorpion -> Hornet
>Molten Man -> Maddie Raxton (no super villain name)
>Beetle -> Mantis
>White Rabbit -> Cheshire
>Mr. Negative -> Alternates between Miss Positive and Mistress Negative
>Prowler -> The Lurker
>Morbius -> Ghulia the Living Mummy
>Spot -> The Line
>Overdrive -> Override
>Tombstone -> Sculpture (or Monolith)
>Silk -> Drone
>Electro -> Radia
>Sand-man ->Glass Lass

And the story arcs we already have adaptations of:
>Origin Story
>Clone Saga
>Superior
>Sinister Six...kind of
>Petra/Honey-Bee Mutation arc
and original arcs:
>Petra and Peter swap bodies
>Quinn's depression arc, leading to her redemption and becoming an ally
>Quinn accidentally unleashes a horde of Yokai on NYC
>Toxic finds out her birth father is Dr. Doom

Attached: Honey-Bee_Centipede_1_colored_v2.png (1200x1920, 1.15M)

Best ship coming through

Attached: 83186D1F-C17E-4958-B09E-F533D76B7D57.jpg (4493x2710, 2.7M)

>Molten Man -> Maddie Raxton (no super villain name)
Just go with Winter Woman. She doesn't have to like it, especially since the media is usually the one to name these people.

Also we still need art for Ghulia, Lurker, Glass Lass, and Radia.

Hey can we give Dazzla crystal ball earrings?

Sure! But what type are you thinking? Like this or more pearl like

Attached: 1E187F32-4CB2-48D6-86E5-7495F1D6407A.jpg (666x666, 138.42K)

Pearl to invoke Mysterio's big head

BEES

Attached: 351DAA31-F6F9-4D4D-AF1A-3E30233A806E.png (660x1146, 523.84K)

Alright that seems good, there’s also the gag of her getting a bowl stuck on her head. There’s also the question of giving Quinn more designs and focusing more on her showmanship
Dazzla wants nothing more than to entertain people and to share the wonder of magic with the world. Even if she’s gullible and a bit dumb, I’d still like to see her make some progress to her ultimate goal

It’s also kind of funny how Petra tends to attract frenemies who aren’t the smartest despite her own intelligence

The clones are CUTE! CUTE!

Attached: Honey-Bee Clones.png (1182x1184, 941.35K)

I mean, the obvious route would to model her design off of Zatanna? Leotard and fishnets galore!

That’s possible. Though I feel like that would more so be one of her stage outfits. Sort of like how Toxic has multiple costumes, Quinn should eventually get a few more too for various performances
Agreed. Though the middle one deserves a name too. Piper and Patty are already named

If the left is Bubble, and right is Buttercup, the middle one seems like the Blossom of the three

Well, people in the last thread seemed committed to giving the clones "p" names, how about Petunia?

Attached: Toxic HB Clones 1.png (1052x1500, 2.91M)

I like Petunia, it fits the flower theme and her personality

Posting some new art from the last thread, starting with Agent Dragonfly

Attached: Agent_Dragonfly_1.png (1920x1200, 493.64K)

Honey bee looks like an orange Skitter. Just an outsider's observer ro this whole little mini-fandom you've crafted.

Iron Bee. I think we decided that Piper would be the techie of the three clones here, , so maybe she wears the Iron Bee suit full time?

Attached: Honey-Bee_Iron_Bee1.jpg (1214x2287, 2.67M)

Swarm, the Nazi spider that Quinn accidentally summoned

Attached: Swarm1.png (1600x1600, 561.98K)

Honey-Bee and one of her clones

Attached: Honey-Bee_Clone.jpg (1180x1180, 132.79K)

Penny?

Attached: 656067BB-A0EA-41C1-A20F-1AC43C7E728A.gif (456x338, 1.06M)

K-pop Drone, who all the girls, except Toxic, simp over

Attached: Honey-Bee_Drone_Toxic_1.png (1920x1200, 1.04M)

That could be another clone. Would she be an individualist or part of the hive?

Perhaps. Thought I recently saw a pic of Spider-Gwen’s MJ using her Iron Spider suit and it made me wonder if Petra would occasionally loan out her iron suit to Gwen so that she could help

Well Piper obviously has her own suit and bee powers, so maybe Piper builds her own, and Petra lets Gwen use the original?

That could work. I’d imagine it looks a bit more sleek and cute if Piper is the one making it. And of all the all the clones Piper’s probably one who tries to have at least regular communication with Petra
If they have a name that’s not numbers, they’re an individual

Anyone got ideas for interactions?

Attached: Toxic Bronze Bear Doe 1.png (672x1500, 1.65M)

This, but with the clones?

Attached: D321C7CB-988E-4877-9E72-AD8A8009DF72.png (1024x569, 1.05M)

>Toxic decides that random kisses and sexual situation aren’t enough to win Petra’s heart
>instead she will spend some time learning everything she can about Petra’s interests to prove that she’s the perfect girlfriend

Doe being terrified of Sculpture because Quinn introduced her to doctor who

Absolutely adorable

Do you think that Petra and MJ were childhood friends in this universe?

Attached: 8EB3A2C2-1670-4261-8C9B-D5A264A11FD3.png (448x448, 333.99K)

>Ghulia, Lurker, Glass Lass, and Radia
Does anyone have reference sheets for these? I might draw them if I have time

Maybe? We kind of established that MJ is kind of envious of Petra's popularity and as the "fashion coordinator" assigned to Honey-Bee from the Bugle, but that also doesn't mean they couldn't have met as kids

Well, I’m pretty sure MJ is still a model here too, so maybe the jealously subsides as the two do some shoots together
Honestly it’s kind of touching that two childhood friends could rekindle that friendship later in life after some jealousy

>Connor's latest experiment has turned Petra fairy sized

No references for any of them as far as I know, though Glass Lass might look a lot like Diamondhead from Ben 10

Fun fan project, but i'm suprised noone apparently seems to have done anything with the Kingpin yet. Maybe my memory is skewed thanks to the 90s cartoon, but I always thought he was one of spidey's major rogues. Then again, the obvious flip for Kingpin here- "Queen Bee"- would seem to be a little too close in concept to Honeybee.

The reason we didn't do anything with Kingpin is because we came to the consensus that he's more of a Daredevil villain than a Spider-man villain (Even though Kingpin debut in a Spider-man comic)

We decided a while back that Kingpin has evolved to become more of a Daredevil villain and thus is immune to the au swap. However, his relationship with Honey-Bee is still there and different as he likes her since she’s easy to manipulate his telling a tragic backstory. But he’s wary of her as a reporter

He put a hit out on Toxic once

I admit, the idea of regular baldie Kingpin telling one of his "I am the killing intent" style stories to a nonplussed Honeybee is pretty hillarious in of itself. Thanks for the clarification though. Is there any characters in particular that need more focus or brainstorming on? Would be glad to help out if there's anything in particular.

Personally I’d like to develop a bit of Petra’s friendship with MJ and Gwen as well as JJJ and Ben since he’s still alive
We could also focus a bit on the Thousand and some newer spider foes if we want

But why? How does that serve science?

>Is there any characters in particular that need more focus or brainstorming on?
We spent a lot of time on the frenemy squad (i.e. Dazzla, Toxic, Doe, and Maddie, along with MJ, Gwen, Harry, and Liz), and a bunch on the clones (Belle/Bumblebee, Lilith, and the others), and a few story lines for some more dangerous folk (Black Swan, Purple Pixie, Override), plus we fleshed out the symbiotes a bit, but we only have baselines for the below:
>Radia
>Lurker
>Ghulia
>The Line
>Glass Lass
If there are any other major Spidey Character we haven't changed yet, you can suggest changes for them, too!

There’s a ref sheet for Override

We better hope anyone besides Toxic finds her first

Funny thing is that Toxic would treat her very well and Doe is the worst case scenario

Are you sure Toxic isn't going to put Petra in...The Jar?

The Door, butch woman who wears a heavy security door she slams people with.

All joking aside, I think its worth getting more creative with these remaining ones as I personally don't remember any of them having a particularly strong personality or hook beyond their powers.

True, Ghulia could probably have some fun gothic chick vibes or something, but I'm leaning more towards maybe doing something with Glass Lass.

OG Sandman was a pretty regular mob mook type character, of which there's already quite a few in the Spidey/Honeybee-verse.

I kinda want to steal some of Hydro Man's shtick and make Glass Lass an obsessive stalker of Honey Bee. Glassy can kinda always be watching her from every window in Manhattan. Make her some kind of jealous Yandere voyeur, maybe. Won't help Honeybee
but will definitely seek to fight/dominate her. Maybe she gets jealous of her hanging out all the time with MJ or others. Could also get creative with her glass powers- maybe when Honeybee's flying from skyscraper to skyscraper Glassy could try changing
the surface tension of the glass surfaces she lands on, making it harder to avoid falling.

Plus the reflectivity could be used to magnify any beam attacks, or absorb them. Glass isn't always just something to break into shards.

Not sure if Glass Lass already has a set appearance but im imagining her as very vain, a blonde coiffeured bitch who is extremely obsessed. More subtle and varied in her attacks rather than being something of a hulking brute like Sand Man.

Just some spitballs to get rolling.

Besides the potential for a scenario, that's right. Doe would endanger her just because of her cuddliness, and if she realized that, I could see her trying to keep Petra safe by putting her in a dollhouse or hamster cage until Connors could be found

but what about the others? How would JJJ react if he came into his office and saw Fairybee

Which are an actual type of bee btw, Fairy Bees. They're tiny

#GHULIASWEEP

ITS GHULIN TIME

JJJ would probably crack some jokes and then immediately get on finding a solution from anyone who isn’t Connors
He probably suggests she call Reed for help
If Quinn finds her, Petra will probably get accidentally turned into an actual fairy

Poppy?

I think that’ll be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for Wasp. HB would look too much like her.

Who’s that?

>Quinn pleads to the points of tears that Petra turns her into a fairy to

YES! YES!

Also, I assume if JJJ sought out Reed, Pym would offer his assistance before he could

>I think that'll be straw that breaks the camel’s back for Wasp. HB would look too much like her.

Oooh, I didn't even think of that!

You know I’ve always wondered. Last thread mentioned that Petra might be susceptible to powers that control animals. Since Wasp can control bees, I wonder if she can also control Petra

Since when can Wasp control bees? Thought Hank’s tech only affects ants species?

Avenger Level Threat: Lawsuits

Huh, I thought I read somewhere that Hank has tech fit multiple bugs but maybe I’m wrong. Probably just thinking of how he controlled cockroaches in EMH
Yeah probably. It might be fun to see Hank helping out Petra while Janet seethes in her inability to realize that Honey-Bee is just a kid

>If Quinn finds her, Petra will probably get accidentally turned into an actual fairy

I need to see this drawn! But I am a talentless hack!

Override is a yandere stalker for Toxic, I think? Too lazy to check the last thread

You're correct

>Janet angrily googling bee mating behaviors while seething in the corner while Hank and Petra make Nerd jokes

I had a really dumb idea. So dumb, in fact, that I had to draw it

Attached: Toxic_Kermit.png (1200x1920, 445.18K)

>Silver age era costume