buddha-vacana.org/
accesstoinsight.org/
suttacentral.net/
obo.genaud.net/backmatter/indexes/sutta/sutta_toc.htm
seeingthroughthenet.net/books/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gaysea teir

bump

We have this thread every day. We're a big pool of leftists and every second user is a Buddhist, why even post?

Buddhism by Richard Gard

Buddhism by Christmas Humphreys for history and basics

Buddhism pure and simple by Steven Hagen for understanding it and to help practice it.

If your interested in Zen, I'd recommend first Zen Flesh, Zen Bones by Paul Reps then the Fukanzazenji by Dogen, then Mumon's The Gateless Gate. .

Attached: In-the-Buddhas-Words.jpg (230x346, 22K)

buddhism is shit
taoism is based

companion to the first, who serves as an expansion to book in image

Attached: 9781928706076.jpg (400x430, 21K)

and some light reading on the side.

dont waste your time with buddhist memes and the leity's interpratations of what the Buddha taught. go stright to the source.

Attached: 159964.jpg (288x475, 18K)

For Zen read the Platform Sutra, Diamond Sutra and the Record of Linji (after getting a strong basis in the earliest foundational teachings).
For Buddhist history, read Buddhist India by TW Rhys Davids, and A History of Buddhist Philosophy: Continuities and Discontinuities by David Kalupahana.
Here's some general resources for free texts, discourses and books online:
buddha-vacana.org/
accesstoinsight.org/
suttacentral.net/
obo.genaud.net/backmatter/indexes/sutta/sutta_toc.htm
seeingthroughthenet.net/books/

Attached: 1555255699827.jpg (2712x5224, 3.67M)

Seconding this, there's no reason to read 'summaries' by 21st century laymen when the suttas are direct and straightforward, understandable by themselves. Why not go to the direct source? If you're gonna read Plato, start with reading Plato and not some guy's summarized interpretation of Plato. In the same way, if you're gonna read about Buddhism, read the earliest recorded words of the Buddha.

Read it when I was 18 (perfect age for this book). Can't recommend it enough.

forgot to iclude pic

Attached: siddharta.jpg (175x288, 8K)

contrarian no matter the cost

There was just an entire thread about how while this is a good book, it does not represent Buddhism or reflect its teachings at all.

I have issues staying focused and so I'm thinking I'd like to start meditating to combat that. What should I read?

The meditation books in this chart, particularly With Each and Every Breath, and The Mind Illuminated if you're looking for concentration:
Although, it is very hard for me to recommend starting a Buddhist meditation practice in a vacuum divorced from the rest of the teachings. If you're looking for secular McMindfulness, Headspace seems to be the go-to.

Attached: 90f391aa370f53605bd763b0f3b81d2b.jpg (800x800, 71K)

While it's admirable to encourage going straight to the source, I would recommend looking at the various sutras (e.g through the "access to insight" website) over the Dhammapada. The Dhammapada can be frustratingly terse at times.

The Suttas on accesstoinsight ARE the source. The Dhammapada comes from the same place and time as the Suttas.

Attached: non-hatred.png (650x849, 711K)

The Doctrine of Awakening by Evola
Not memeing you