Why can’t comics just

Go the shonen jump route and put out a magazine or avenue for young artists and writers to put out stories?
You can get the manga audience with this shit on top of this new talent and it addresses a lot of the core issues with cape shit etc

Attached: EBE22D24-90B9-4D0F-8C07-27730ADE7BCB.jpg (460x394, 53.72K)

>Your comics don't sell Clark.

Yeah......
Tokyo Pop did that and....

Yeah, we don't talk about it.

I commend your bait user, unfortunately this topic has been done already just a day or so.

Attached: Alfred.png (961x721, 706.03K)

>Shonen Jump
>addressing issues with capeshit

???

I’m really asking why don’t Marvel, DC, imaged, dark horse etc. just allow for independent writers to contribute to their line? I mean if the stories are really that dog shit you can just end up not publishing them but if they’re pretty decent to good you could just throw them on the respective apps for subscriber and give them the series based off of popularity etc.

They more or less did exactly what OP wanted, and they mistreated all the people who joined. You can't get away with that kind of treatment outside of Japan.

Ah, the classic Asian “treat your workers like ass meme” fair enough

I mean...you are talking about following the manga formula? Tell one big story with a beggining, middle and end? Basically it's divided into arca and all characters from respectives universe are part of it?

I asked a question, you're deflecting it towards me because you're fucking weak. It doesn't matter how much you work or go to school and it never will, you were born weak and you will die weak. Me, I had a period of my life I fell off, yeah. But I'm taking control. You know why? Because I can. I can surprass you with no fucking effort. Just because I chose to live the way I have doesn't mean I'm stuck there forever. I made those choices and I'm making the choice to stop letting other people run away with whatever illusion of power I've instilled upon them. I am greater than you and always will be. So don't come at me sideways thinking you're fucking sweet or something. Taking shorts cause I'm in Florida when you couldn't say a word to me when I was home. It is my concern and it will be my concern. Fall Back.

Because Marvel and DC don't care.
The comics are just an excuse to push out different kinds of merch and to adapt stories into games, shows, movies, etc/

Yeah yeah and will this be your final post on Yea Forums?

Because it wouldnt sell... most people prefer to buy self contained stories.

>You can get the manga audience with this shit
You know that the western manga audience buys only tankobons and not shonen jump style magazines, right?
If that would sell the market would be already flooded with those type of magazines.

I mean the idea is to get more self contained stories and sell them as tankobons

We call those TPBs and they are made from single chapter books/magazines or floppies. There are a lot of self contained stories in western comic if people just look for them rather than concentrate on what Marvel and DC does. If anything we need more animation based on these creator owned comics to promote the comics more like they do in Japan rather than shove it into live action shit.

Attached: 70F17567-3A9D-49A8-B711-D70B5BFC6F86.jpg (2390x3320, 1005.18K)

It's not a meme if it happened. Look it up.

That's how people outside of America buy their American comics anyway retard

Its strange that East vs West threads are way more common on Yea Forums than on Yea Forums

Jannies aren't lazy fucking retards on Yea Forums
Too many titles, the model isn't geared anymore toward cheap disposable monthlies, Jump itself flopped in the US with people pirating instead, and has had more success digitally, superhero characters are made for the the next generation of the same demographic, not to end while having complete garbage everywhere between the first arc and ending like Naruto or Bleach

They did. Nobody bought 'em.

Because Yea Forums actually has new, good content worth discussing.

Because Yea Forums prunes this shit on sight unlike lazy Yea Forums jannies

Fine, I'll take the bait.

They did this thing in the 90's with the Ultimate Marvel stuff. I got them at a bookstore I used to buy my floppies at. You got all that month's Ultimate comics in the magazine. It would probably be twice as expensive these days.

This was twenty plus years ago. The experiment ran its course, and has concluded before the manga stopped even being flipped on our shores. And no one remembers.

Attached: Ultimate Marvel Magazine 4.jpg (600x905, 100.6K)

Do young independent writers want to write manga~esque comics? And can they do it properly? The one that write in a somewhat manga style are the ones in webtoons and those are awful cheap highschool romance 90% of the time

>ending to that long running Manga series with lots of spinning plates and lose ends to tie up was bad...again

Older comics remind me more of manga than newer comics, maybe its the dynamic posing, bright color choices and narration, but something about the old stuff that manga was able to have despite the mediums being quite different.

Didn't they fail because it was westerners trying to ape manga style.

The issue is that it was the 90s and by that time echhhh.

What I would like at least for Marvel (outside of the usual SJW complaints although i'm not even sure if they're still around since I don't read modern comics anymore) is to STOP having so many on going runs, maybe limit it to 2 MAYBE 3 big hitters then have a rotation of self contained mini arc stories (think Punisher Circle of Blood) of differing heroes based on what readers would actually want so they can have nice short but well written and well drawn stories that don't overstay their welcome

Attached: RCO013_1582345363.jpg (1332x2048, 689.09K)

Because they don't want to, and they don't think it'd sell.

>unfortunately this topic has been done already just a day or so.
What was the overall take besides "goddamn, i hate japan so fucking much!"?

Most writers now can barely even write a regular plot and they happen to be sardonic at best and vapid at worst. Capeshits closest manga counter part would be Shounen but Shounen is able to take the strange world they build up and play it straight when its needed and often have hopeful humanist messages, meanwhile at Marvel you get shit like this

Attached: Muh white privelege.jpg (1023x517, 82.7K)

>what is webtoon

Yeah

Yeah, what this panel is missing is a bunch of ink scratches, a bunch of negative space where no effort is put into, and stilted art designed solely to work as an anime storyboard.

I don't see how you are looking at that panel thinking "YUP Manga definitely looks worse than this" one not even addressing my point instead focusing on your manga hate boner. 2 this art looks like muddy shit with terrible composition both in posing and color palate.

Attached: Punisher.jpg (831x527, 112.67K)

>Didn't they fail because it was westerners trying to ape manga style.
Tokypop ostly localised existing manga, retard. You might be thinking of Marvel Mangaverse.
>then have a rotation of self contained mini arc stories
This is just called a "story arc". Until the 80s, most big 2 comics would have maybe 4 issue arcs at most, Steranko's 9-issue Shield arc with Yellow Claw notwithstanding.
>bright color choices
>manga
>famous of course for its colour pages
What you're really describing is that older comics looked good but usually more flat.

this would really help. idk why we don't get more animation based on that stuff. do the creators not want cartoons

Color palate, posing and composition are all separate concepts.

Superman?

You know what I would like to see a manga s getting the comic-book continuity treatment. I might manga I think it would probably be easiest to do a video One Piece or Fairy Tail which has a whole bunch of different ( significantly sorter)spinoffs already .

>What you're really describing is that older comics looked good but usually more flat.
Pretty much I always preferred the the pop art style of older comics to what I perceive as the muddier style of newer ones. I guess its because manga has a flat style that I find the 2 so similar.

Attached: Beast.jpg (943x749, 157.2K)

Manga is ugly and cheap. Cope, weeb.

Nah Punisher, namely the mini arc Color of Blood, this thread has me reading through it once more.

Attached: Demon Back.jpg (883x443, 80.93K)

Why can’t (You) just stop making these threads?

There's no such thing as a "pop art style". That was a movement made to mock working artists that around the 50s and 60s that faded by the 80s. Marvel used it as a branding term in the late 60s to try to drive sales but that's about it. You seem like you have a lot of half-formed ideas you're basing your perceptions around.

Because he's underinformed about the industry, its differences from manga, the financial ins and outs, artistry, storytelling etc, but still thinks he has an idea about what would improve sales.

He strikes me as someone who reads certain things just to brag about reading them.

I call it pop art style so its pop art style nuff said.

Attached: RCO043_1582345363.jpg (1332x2048, 614.17K)

This ia a good idea. I want to see new stories and characters but not blindly choosing anything but having an overview

user didn't say that the tokyopop thing didn't happen, he said that Japanese workers being treated like slaves isn't as common as people think it is.

80s comics had massive differences from the Silver Age. You're in no position to make any such statement or even be on the board.

Without me this shitty thread would've been dead by now, newer comics suck ass, manga will continue to outsale and out perform. I love you all also act like you have some sort of leg to stand on despite not having any solutions of your own. But do go on, I think I'll just go and finish reading circle of blood

Attached: Me love you long time.jpg (647x355, 67.41K)

>le epic frank fucks a whore!!!!!
End your existence, please.

>OP thinks it's a good thing he keeps desperately trying to bump his woefully clueless diabtribe
I'm not here to offer solutions, I'm here to mock your crossboarding dumb ass.

>ou're in no position to make any such statement or even be on the board.
>Hurr durr guy who reads actual comics shouldn't be on comics board hurr durr.

You're right I guess I should go and suck off the latest Captain Marvel comic or lap up the semen of the Basednematic Universe to be a part of this board

Attached: Find a way.jpg (205x657, 32.46K)

This. It's not meant to be a badass sequence. Weebs can't appreciate the actual story or characters present in these old comics they're pretending to like

So you're not here to talk about comics I see.

Damn dude is just having se

>weeb reading a single comic he read about on the internet pretending he has a genuine interest in old comics while completely missing the point of them narratively
kys

because the internet exists. social media exists. media has evolved.

That wasn’t me

I do think it would be smart to condense related series into a magazine format. For example putting all the bat titles or at least all the bruce bat titles in one magazine, maybe you have a batfamily magazine with all their ongoing stuff, all the superman titles in one magazine etc

>They did this thing in the 90's with the Ultimate Marvel stuff.
>The issue is that it was the 90s
Ultimate began in 2000

I misspoke or didn’t explain properly; so here’s what I mean:

>Let’s say I have a really cool concept for a series I want to write for marvel (alternate universe that’s self contained of course)
> I then approach a marvel rep talk to them about the idea for them but I want to write
> The representative looks over my idea, drafts, concepts etc and gives me the ok
> then me and a bunch of other people like myself like writers, colorists, artists etc are then put on a digital “magazine”
> this magazine is pretty much the combination of the writers etc to produce stories under an imprint or alternate universe
> and whoever has the most viewership gets a collected release etc

This would be a great avenue for writers to get their foot in the door

It’s not gonna happen because unlike Shonen Jump, which has been around for over 50 years and is heavily respected by the manga industry. Trying to bring a similar model now in the western comics world is less likely to be positively received, especially since webcomics are already a viable avenue for comic creators to create what they want without editors or a risk of cancellation.

Also, if your manga ends up canned by the magazine. You CAN’T continue it anywhere else, the company owns your story and IP which they’ll hold onto but never use.