Amphibia

It's like pottery...

Attached: 6042022150019.jpg (1920x1621, 421.25K)

Now that we know Aldrich is part of The Core, this retroactively makes this moment from Froggy Little Christmas the
>Are ya winning son?
meme

Attached: images.jpg (737x416, 28.3K)

What are the odds Andrias will be redeemed

MIDSOMMAR MIDSOMMAR MIDSOMMAR HELL FUCKING YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Attached: may queen.png (1900x1100, 1.77M)

>need a light?

Attached: firebots 2.jpg (1920x1080, 255.57K)

Guaranteed, they literally foreshadow it in the episode with the "then you shall redeem yourself" line. The real question is if he's going to pull a Darth Vader sacrifice where he dies or a White Diamond copout where he lives and gets away with everything.

Attached: images (1).jpg (739x415, 21.58K)

I kinda wanna marry Anne

She is 13, nigga.

When she's 14 of course

What video game is calling yourself Dark a reference to?

Leis is so cute I hope Andrias kills her in the next flashback.

I can't believe Matt would add a reference to one of the most brutal cinematic horror films in his children's cartoon show and the episode somehow got a pass from Disney executives even after the True Color debacle. The unsettling ambiance throughout The root of evil episode still reminds me of the brutal deaths occurring in Midsommar. Now I'm imagining Anne suffering a similar fate as the casts in the film being burned alive, Marcy getting her head crushed by a sledgehammer, and Sasha's back flayed open and hanged like butchered meat.

Attached: Amphibia-Midsommar-reference.jpg (1600x900, 487.75K)

Earthbound.

Uh, a Terminator and a Midsommar reference at the beginning. Cool but I dont thinks kids are meant to get these.

Attached: midsommar.jpg (1920x1185, 422.07K)

High quality Mega Where?

Who THE FUCK is Leis?

Leif, but I made a typo.

It's for the parents watching along with their kids.

There is nothing fucking character named Leis, dipshit.

Amphibia x Mid-sommar AU when?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

duh da duh da duh da

Attached: terminator-skull.gif (498x256, 1.93M)

Cute

god DAMN Loggle looks comfy. wish i was that comfy

So whats Darla been doing during all this?

Forgot picture

Attached: midsommerdarla.png (1103x1800, 542.55K)

"We have your back. Together we can use your power for good."
Not only that, but he was also concerned where Marcy was. Sure, it could just be a exposition where "she" was. But he also questioned the core/father to pick another body before Marcy being possessed back in Olivia & Yunan episode.
Sadly, I don't think the serie will end with a Andrias/Core fight. Sure it will happen. But we got the meteor vision that will clearly be the true endgame.

Attached: SoulSearchingMuchQuestionmark.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

He's going to father Marcy's children, and he'll get away with everything.

If they did it would ruin the show, so they better not.

After True Colors we got half a season of light-hearted episodic hijinks.
Do you reallly think we'll get an impactful ending?
They'll do what the mouse tells them to.

>"My goose is getting cooked"

I'm sure there will be flaws, but redeeming him would be more than just a flaw.

Usually the impact of show happens during the finales so yeah

>If they did it would ruin the show

Ok NPC.

Shut up Andriass.

Why can't a villain just be a villain anymore? Did SU really do this much damage?

>"By interfering with other dimensions, we have created a multiverse of madness™"
A little on the nose there, eh Disney?

Attached: Screenshot_20220416-203015_VLC.jpg (1600x720, 236.11K)

I'm already surprised they got away with literally stabbing Marcy on-screen, and then leaving her fate a mystery.
How the fuck did they do it?

Believe In Steven

Escaped with Sasha after TC but vanished shortly after alongside Maddie and Valeriana instead of joining the resistance. Nobody's seen her since, but Sasha occasionally receives reports of another human showing up in destroyed villages and healing the injured before quickly leaving. Darla's season 3 is her traveling Amphibia, helping where she can while finally getting an understanding of who she is as a person, away from the BFF's. Which brings her to the realization that they're not really her friends. Not like her and Maddie are, anyway.
That's my autistic head-canon. In my story, she shows up at the final battle with full control over her magic like Gandalf at Helms Deep and then immediately gets knocked unconscious before she can do anything.

Either that, or Sasha forgets to save her in TC and Andrias just decides to hire her to keep Marcy alive until the Core's ready to possess her.

Attached: 1620539317443.png (827x1035, 313.82K)

Matt was a Thai lady boy for the executives.

Andrias imprisoned her after Sasha left her behind. It's customary to take specimens after you conquer a dimension, so he's just getting an early start.

Literally it just went unnoticed by Disney execs up until the actual day it was originally going to air

I am betting ten bucks on "dies holding up his crumbling lair to let the heroes escape as a last act of mercy".

Rent-free.

This.
Disney was so concerned that people would actually think that Marcy was dead that they Matt release a video of Marcy in a tube like, a week later.

What do you mean?
I watched Kipo recently and it really made me appreciate how one-dimensional villains are a dying breed. I'd take sympathetic antagonists over "characters" like Emilia any fucking day.

Do you think the "why son, I think I'm almost proud of you" line was actually meant to be a dig at Andrias, like they're on the cusp of recapturing their former glory but because Andrias is still displaying some doubts and sentimentally for his old friends, Aldrich just "thinks" that he's "almost" proud of Andrias?

Attached: 20220416_203658.jpg (874x720, 75.01K)

Eh, he can go fuck himself anyways.

Attached: 1650068216176.png (1172x937, 531.58K)

Or tries to redeem himself but gets stabbed by The Core.

Who cares what a metaphorical raisin thinks? Make them into bread!

It’s a dig but more so him saying Andrias is such a failure as a son and king, him being competent only almost just makes him proud

It was a mistake. And it served no fucking purpose other than cheap shock value. It also made beginning of season 3 insufferable with the tonal whiplash and removed sense of urgency.

>Marcy has a moment of clarity.
>"Wait i remember what I need to do!" Stabs Andrias in the back. Goes back to Dorky. "Now how did that happen?"

Really interested in learning about Barrel's exploits after the events of the episode, how he went from "shamed exile" to "legendary hero".

Attached: images (2).jpg (272x176, 9.98K)

Been saying that.

He wasn't really presented as an exile to public, he was assigned on an important, but faraway duty where he fought the snake thing.

It’s an exile to everyone else, hero to his own kind deal

You should say something else.

Attached: 1615757665927.png (1497x1364, 427.48K)

Go back to watching Barney.

Kinda agree. True Colors was great.
The most ridiculous thing was Anne just concluding that "eh she's probably fine" and then going back to having mostly carefree fun in LA.
Amphibia's transition from S2 to S3 has to be one of the most insane things ever pulled in a children's show.

True Colors was great, but set unrealistic expectations for what would come next**

Matt played Shadow the Hedgehog and was feeling edgy then he made us all pay the price.

Attached: 1650067060155.png (1440x1440, 2.93M)

It's literally Tangled season 3 all over again. It follows literally the same pattern.

>Amphibia's transition from S2 to S3 has to be one of the most insane things ever pulled in a children's show.
It's hilariously bad. But at least it's so bad it's good.

I don't necessarily think so, it could have easily been resolved by just dedicating an episode segment to Anne's feelings about the events of TC plus more mentions of Sasha/Marcy throughout 3A.

amphibia feels like I'm watching 90% filler just waiting for plot breadcrumbs or interactions between sasha/marcy/anne

>I am still suppressed

Attached: FQRdwz1WUAM6Y9v.jpg (1326x780, 112.36K)

I know that feeling.

It's kind of cringe how he's regretful about marcy in season 3 when he was sadistic and gleeful when he revealed the truth about marcy's machinations in true colors

Pretty hyperbolic, Earth was the low point in Amphibia but it's still way better than the low points of other cartoon shows. It's biggest flaw was just that it lacked pathos and some pacing issues with the Mr. X subplot because of Disney mandates.

Rewrite of his character at the last minute.

So Andrias wanted to fuck Leif right?

Attached: Screenshot_20220416-010352_Firefox.jpg (1179x1274, 374.4K)

I just have less tolerance for bullshit.

He resented her for having friends like he didn't and wanted to ruin it for her, but now he realized she was his friend for real.

He only started feeling a bit of regret when Darcy kept bossing him around, the rest of the time he was either apathetic or always doubled down on Marcy's suffering after a fleeting moment of sympathy.

Then why are you watching a Disney cartoon?

>t.npcs

Got this, far might as well finish.

The root of Kino and The Core and The King episode, now that was a hell of a ride of an episode. The best week for 3B Amphibia since buff Loggle reveal. Aldrich (Andrias's dad) voice actor nailed his role very well. I was surprised that the VA has worked on voicing in the Souls game. Absolutely KINO.

Attached: and with it our legacy.jpg (1600x900, 163.5K)

Well it would certainly be better if they gave Anne an episode to deal with her grief and find some sort of optimistic resolve, and at least acknowledge that she should feel be feeling terrible.
But the S2 to S3 transition is honestly such a trainwreck that it can't realistically be fixed with an inserted segment.

Attached: 1649999649600.jpg (1440x1440, 223.01K)

Wouldn't mind Andrias showing some regret or redeeming himself, just as long as he dies. I think it'll be better if he dies a tragic figure, like he does regret siding with his father over Leif but it's too late and he dies before he could actually do anything.

Attached: images (3).jpg (739x415, 19.7K)

>I was surprised that the VA has worked on voicing in the Souls game.
He voiced King Vendrick, who Matt cited as his inspiration for Andrias in the first place.

Attached: images (5) (2).jpg (628x488, 38.71K)

is modern Disney ok with sympathetic characters dying?

>But the S2 to S3 transition is honestly such a trainwreck that it can't realistically be fixed with an inserted segment.
Yeah that's why I wrote it off as damage being done and tried to just move on.

Leif purposely and without considering anyone else decides to take away the cornerstone of their civilization not only plunging them into ruin but also cutting their access to inter dimensional travel.

Where have I heard that before?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 84.49K)

Did any of you catch the last season of Green Eggs and Ham

Nah, I don't mind the transition from the end of s2 to the beginning of s3. Anne should be happy now that she's back on Earth and has actually reunited with her parents so I don't mind that she buried her thoughts on the events of TC for that time although they should have adressed it later on in the season.

Attached: images (5) (3).jpg (751x408, 40.46K)