Thoughts

Thoughts

Attached: lj46ctjfpot81.png (1080x1765, 1.05M)

I'm 100 percent onboard with this.

Something straight out of the Silver Age.

You have my support.

Sounds legit desu

If they make a revamp of Superman where it's the modern day but Superman is like 1938/1939 Superman in actions and personality this could be a running gag in it.

>can't figure out why their attempts keep failing
They would just have to burn him, Superman is weak to fire

Attached: superbitchboy.png (1756x595, 1.16M)

It's a goddamn Peter Sellers movie with the amount of inventive "dodges" Clark has to come up with.

"Looks like they poisoned my latte... Guess I have to find a way to spill this that doesn't hurt anyone..."

"That sounds like a dart gun, if I drop my hat just right it should just clip me and fly off in a harmless direction."

"... Is this just a regular mugging or- Nope recognize the cologne, definitely CIA. Gotta make this believable then."

>Bill Wilson tries to assassinate Clark Kent, keeps failing, and so he's placed on the Bane assignment

Anybody read superman American Alien?

Something similar happens

Deathstroke tries to assassinate Bruce Wayne who Clark is pretending to be because they’re pretty much identical and he wound up on his cruise ship. Deathstroke poisons him with a deadly toxin and it just makes Clark kind of tipsy, then he flicks deathstroke off the ship

Attached: EEA44BE6-E82E-4CFF-B755-CE68E55C1AF8.jpg (325x500, 52.98K)

>Clark’s giving a public address where he’s airing some of the government’s dirty laundry
>”Oh boy, I can see the sniper in that building a mile away. Should be simple enough to ‘accidentally’ stumble out of the way when he fires”

It wasn't similar at all. And Max Landis can't write for shit.

Sounds great. I want a Batman story where he's running for president as a joke to fuck with Lex Luthor who is also running for president. Bruce hams it up with no intention of winning, but the public eats it up to the point where he starts leading in the polls to his shock. He tries doubling down, thinking his playboy persona will turn people off but he ends up winning and has to become president much to his chagrin.

I think someone did a short humor comic about that during either 2016 or 2017, it had Bruce Wayne saying that people want to elect him so he needed to say the most outrageous things to be unelectable, but then ends up becoming President.

user, that happened in real life.

>Somedays you just can't get rid of a latte!

>Comic end with Amanda Waller getting brief on the situation and loosing her shit because these retards have been wasting goverment money trying to kill superman
Also that would be the FBI, CIA is for foreign affairs FBI are the domestic.

>Batman: Knight of the People

Not finding it on google.

It'd be perfect is the ending is the agents coming this close to figuring out the truth, only to have Batman burst in and give the most asinine explanations as to how he prevented all of their attempts. Just t-totally bullshiting them with nonsense they have no choice but to accept is what happened.

>I've been onto you since the very start, and I've been two steps ahead of you.
>That Polonium in the latte? I had it neutralized with bat-nano tech, they crawled in and dragged out every molecule and neatrualized it before he ever took a sip.
>That sniper shot that you swore hit? I actually distorted his lens and projected a false image right into the glass of his scope.
>Remember that time you faked a mugging and swore you stabbed him with that poisoned knife, only to have it bend? I used an extremely focused high powered magnet to bend the blade just before it struck.
>You have one chance to call off any more attempts in this part of the country, or I'm going to get really upset. If I can do all of this just to save one man's life... imagine what I can do if I decide to cut loose on your whole organization.
>Regardless, you'll keep failing. And you'll never figure out how I did it.

The CIA does domestic shit too. Illegally of course. Mk Ultra and such.

But yeah Superman's first recurring villians was the FBI

The CIA is supposed to be reserved for Foreign affairs and not fuck around with domestic affairs. But they also have a nasty habit of disregarding all policies, ethics and morals to pursue their agenda. This leads to all kinds of ridiculous bullshit like wiretapping or drugging American citizens, important tons of cocaine and heroin into the country and killing DEA Agents who attempt to investigate their efforts.
This is why they're one of the more grounded targets for conspiracy theories, the big one being the Kennedy Assassination. Though the Feds are also suspected.
Granted, just about everyone is suspected. There were theories his Wife was in on it.

I'd be down with this only if it ended with Bruce and Clark having a laugh about it afterwards and Clark suggesting he do the same next time someone tries to kill Bruce.

Smashcut to a week later and Superrman is explaining to the Joker that he uses super-vibration to keep the gas out of Bruce's lungs, while Batman just stares from behind a hidden gasmask.

They wouldn't make it the CIA but some gangsters trying to would work.

CIA and Daily Planet are on same (((team)) you stupid goy.

Attached: Kam Kam Gonna Blam Blam Whitey.png (588x340, 293.62K)

That sounds like a great book. Have some attempts be realistic and something you'd hear about, but maybe a few get cartoonish because the assassins are losing their shit over the constant failures. Not sure how what to think of for an ending, since you'd probably want to avoid something like "and then Supes beats up Lex because he was the one who orchestrated the hit"

Attached: Joker laugh.jpg (658x695, 66.14K)

I like the idea of either Batman or Clark as Superman catching them at the end and scaring them off by giving horseshit explanations as to how they stopped the assassinations, making it seem like any further attempts would be pointless. It's that kind of non-violent but funny ending that would work with a comedy story like this.

To be fair he should have shot Clark before throwing him out of that plane.

>it ends with the CIA agents strapping Clark to a table with a slow-ass laser moving to cut his head off
>"just to be sure"
>Clark can't break out because he's blow cover
>Lois and Jimmy end up saving the day

What's wrong with shooting AFTER he's been thrown out?

Attached: Lady Une badass.webm (960x720, 2.41M)

Yea, that could work. It's not a super climatic ending, but still entertaining with the assassin just throwing in the towel after Superman decides he's had enough fun watching the man lose their mind over every attempt.

Kind of a tossup, because it wouldn't lead to a lot of action but it would give a much easier venue to deliver some comedy from their reactions and whatever explanation they were given, or just have it be a cap-off after a full on all out final "We're fucking done" assault where they try to kill Clark and fail ala the ending to the Blue's Brothers.

CIA is heavily involved in the American drug trade. They use it to fund their off-the-books ops.

The latter half would be the best, escalate the attempted assassinations from small time stuff until by the end of the story the CIA/FBI whoever just have had enough and decide to throw everything and the kitchen sink at him and try to make it look like an accident or he got caught in the crossfire, only to have Clark tricking and slighting his way out of essentially a warzone. Then at the end he decides he let it go on far enough and just as the head agent is asking how the utter fuck he survived all of that, Superman swoops in, styles on him and makes him look like an idiot, and he walks off to hand in his resignation.

His final line is saying he's going to pitch to Warner Brothers, he's got an amazing idea for some new Looney Tunes cartoons.

I could see that, they just try something so catastrophic that they figure Clark will die, but instead "survives", while in actuality, Superman speeds about and saves every bystander and mitigates the damage as much as possible without outright stopping it and exposing himself. That way, you got some action as the ending, without it just being shoehorned in like and being unrelated to the main plot.

cia assasinations can get pretty bugs bunny like. look up the many attempts they made on Castro.

Are we talking like dynamite cigars and full on anvils?

I like the idea, but one change.

Clark actually gets temporarily de-powered right before it due an ill timed exposure to Kryptonite, so his surviving the all out assault really is just done by wits, guile and a little bit of luck just to make it all the better when Superman acts like he used some kind of Super Magnitism or some shit to save the day.

>weak to fire

Attached: Stupid Is As Stupid Does.jpg (1536x2048, 597.88K)

>Are we talking like dynamite cigars
Unironically yes

Sounds like a great idea. Could even have some heroes like Flash and maybe Martian Manhunter to masquerade as Superman so that if the assassin was starting to catch on, his theory is shattered because his target is still in his line of sight.

Well we are talking about Superman, a character who has has been depowered/powered up more times than the most broken anime protagonists combined.

No need, just bring back the Superbots.

Reminds me of that thread from years ago about how far Superman would go to keep his identity secret which devolved into a discussion of what he'd do if an alien appeared in Metropolis determined to ass rape the largest male he saw to assert dominance

Attached: 1243482894735.png (1105x229, 39.7K)

Attached: Superman-Batman 87.jpg (1280x1979, 692.97K)

Now that I love, Superman just powers through all the leadin but when it goes all out he's got to survive as Clark, the one who got them pissed off in the first place. Really drive home Clark isn't a persona and even if he wasn't Superman he'd be out there helping the world.

There's a classic

Attached: Kryptofuck.jpg (1200x1537, 598.74K)

That’s pretty funny, I’d watch it.

In general I wish Clark Kent returned to his more detective routes. In the Adventures of Superman radio show, Clark is a straight up detective most of the time, using the identity to get information Superman can’t. The George Reeves show too goes way more that route than later versions. I miss that angle.

With that idea I'd kind of prefer that instead of the Superman part, it just has him see Clark survive all of it, Clark march up to the guy and ask for a comment on the destruction he just caused for the upcoming article.

Head agent then gets dragged off and Clark just goes to his desk like nothing happened. "Weather's acting crazy this week, eh, Jimmy?"

Yea, I'm liking the idea of him confronting the guy in some innocent manner and just spooking the guy off rather than threatening him or anything serious. The poor guy's just frazzled at the end of it and almost a bit loopy from this cartoon-level bullshit that's shredded his reputation like a cat on curtains.

I'm also liking the idea of it being Clark who confronts him in the end, and doing it in a very reporter fashion. No anger, no threats, he just holds out the microphone that somehow survived a hellish onslaught and asks if he can get a comment and if this is the best way to be spending taxpayer money.

I genuinely don't know what would be funnier, having the guy snap and go full coocoo crazy from being shamed so hard, or having him calmly sit down and give an interview after that amidst the burning wreckage.

Yeah
>130003942
Fag

Though should Clark "know" the guy is really CIA? Or just question another apparent survivor of the last attack, acting totally innocent of the matter while secretly going "Okay, it was fun while it lasted, better get this guy off my back before he goes nuclear"

I knew there was a bigger screen cap out there.

Thank you, glad some of the old ones aren't lost for good

Absolutely he should "know" it's the CIA guy just to show off his investigative skills, even call him by his full name and everything.

You know, really drive home why the CIA guy was willing to kill him in the first place, just show off why Reporter Clark can be just as unsettling as Superman in the right circumstances.

yeah ok go pitch your trump fanfic to Image

Yea, I guess that makes sense, and part of the reasons he's finally confronting the guy is to get the CIA to knock their shit off before they pull something that will hurt bystanders.

>I genuinely don't know what would be funnier, having the guy snap and go full coocoo crazy from being shamed so hard, or having him calmly sit down and give an interview after that amidst the burning wreckage.
Option 3, he hits his knees and begs Clark to teach him how to do his job better.

It's a perfect story idea. It could hold well for an entire movie, especially if they break out the silver age and like user said, go full Peter Sellers. Anons may want to watch the Pink Panther movies to understand that, especially The Pink Panther strikes again- which has a bunch of assassins trying to kill Clouseau for awhile.
But how would DC screw it up like they always do now? Send in the Suicide Squad? The plot works best if they use CIA normal people. Make it entirely them trying to kill Superman? Because to current DC there is no Clark Kent and friends, so that's the main "the hero can be sneaky too" fun out of the story. Even if they manage to kill Jimmy Olson to make it look serious, that's another thing that they shouldn't do, because that's like killing Alfred Pennyworth- oh, right,that! What do you do when the people who make the comic books are too stupid to do it right, but can get away with it because they're the replacing generation after the people who did it right?

Don't know about a movie, but I could totally see this being done in any of the animated shows that have had Superman. Either his original DCAU show, Justice League, Brave and the Bold, or whatever they're doing these days. Though If I had pick, it'd probably be DCAU Superman or BATB, since either would be great as a self-contained episode.

I like the idea that Clark has to use his powers subtly so he doesn’t blow his secret identity. Reminds me a little of Kirbys Jimmy Olsen run where the new head of the daily planet tries and have Clark run over by a car but fails for obvious reasons.

There's definitely room for something so whimsical since it has the potential to be both lighthearted, but also have some black comedy elements as the CIA hitman gets more and desperate to rub out Clark, and having his failures feel more and more like he's being mocked by the very universe itself.