WOW

WOW
They really do!

Attached: EXCELLENT.jpg (1080x1519, 379.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtuJQEBJTcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No wonder why it looks like shit.

>someone has excellent taste!

Why do modern American creators who try and look cool by citing weebshit as a supposed influence only ever mention the most entry-level basic shit? Whatever happened to stuff like Miller going on about LW&C years before it ever got properly localized

Because when they rip off weeb shit, they only rip the superficial aspects, not the writing or the direction behind it.

These niggas only watched entry level shit when they were 12 and never touched anime after.

Was Earthbound always so popular? The game flopped in America.

maybe they aren't trying to look cool, and they were just inspired by some surface level weeb shit.

maybe they aren't hopeless losers like you, user.

They want to look cooler in comparison to older animators and creators but don't want to look like a weeb who lives in their mother's basement and thinks because they watched an obscure anime from the 70s that they're better than other people.

Can someone do a redraw of Ness with that ugly smile?

If you mention ANY seasonal anime, you’re gonna be labeled a filthy weeb. So they stay away from something like Jigoku Shoujo or even something like Konosuba no matter how good.
Meanwhile the classics like Fist Of the North Star, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and a lot of stuff basically filter the fuck out of them. They don’t like moving that far past magical girls and silly faces

Many millennial Yea Forums creators grew up with the SNES game which is why you see them try to pull off the lore serialization mystery shit in current cartoons you see now.
So basically you can say Earthobund influenced a whole generation.

Attached: 3E0B1476-41CE-4649-9D7B-8AEE53089ED1.jpg (1280x842, 170.57K)

Smashfags

I expect to see SOME modern equivalent of Fred Perry or Adam Warren come up through the ranks.

The closest thing I can think of to a modern one like that is Tradd Moore.

that doesn't make any fucking sense at all

Amazing how it could do that yet never pull sales prior nor get these smucks to learn Japanese amd import Mother 3 during it's sale.

>not the writing or the direction
which is completely absent in most shit anyway which explains why no one cares about either anymore and what does have both is usually ignored.

more like

In what way exactly.

>what does have both
like?

To make things worse, the Zelda game that inspired them isn't even a older favorite.

Attached: breath of the wild.jpg (1080x1222, 377.6K)

Why wouldn’t the director want to go for a Sam Viviano or Ron Barrett-esque feel for the films style?

Here’s an example of Sam’s art style.

Attached: 7A80638C-59D7-40FC-95FB-80AA4941C7E3.jpg (960x646, 141.74K)

An another example right here.

Attached: DFEEB6DA-1B12-428D-91B2-5F746B8F83ED.jpg (1024x681, 234.88K)

Example of Ron Barrett’s art style.

Attached: 63DBD665-9F5B-4DF5-B89C-F0E90493E79A.jpg (1170x1600, 564.99K)

>import Mother 3
That's more because of the gay stuff in and the cultural divide between American and Japanese LGBTQ stuff.

Missing link
Isle of Dogs
Lu Over the Wall
The Red Turtle
Song of the Sea
The Wind Rises
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
normally its a balancing act and if done properly people dont really think about it but people can easily see good direction just from unique scene compositions that you cant find in anything else. in an animated medium its much easier to skip on writing in favor of better direction. Primal is pure direction and has no writing at all.

Attached: DA0B021C-D967-4069-8F15-45FB13BE92D0.jpg (640x506, 145.92K)

And another example on Barrett’s style.

Attached: 01FE15DE-A954-4A4B-B00E-2476CE8F2121.jpg (500x428, 133.46K)

I don't think most of those examples were ignored fwir.

they want to appeal to zoomers

American animation rips off japan? Imagine my shock!

Attached: 1347407915171.jpg (283x323, 48.75K)

oldfag here

Earthbound was not popular at all until like 2006ish when the meme or fad of the final boss being fucked up started spreading around.

Everyone acting like they knew all about it especially after undertale made it popular too .

>Many millennial Yea Forums creators grew up with the SNES game
no they fucking didn't, people only knew about earthbound because of smash bros.

What would be the influences behind your film, Yea Forums?

cultured references only like jojo and touho.

Of Mice and Men, Maniac Magee, and a shitload of psychedelia.

:^)

>Not Gegege no Kitarou

What's it like being an insufferable hipster?

Because that's what they grew up with. Teens and tweens in the early 2000s were watching what aired on TV and maybe what they could buy at a store. In a nostalgia-themed movie, of course that's what they're going to reference. And besides, most good anime were what was brought over to the west in the first place.

Okay, but why didn't the movie mention 9/11?

>Earthbound

Attached: when.png (637x475, 74.18K)

Americans don't even know what that is.

It's true that plenty of millennials played Earthbound on an emulator a bit later after Smash, but they still were playing it as young teenagers/preteens and it still was part of their experience growing up. If you think about it, Smash only came out like 5 years after Earthbound.

>beanmouth movie

I thought it was inspired by the original Dragon Ball?

Attached: Get help.png (864x646, 431.6K)

I thought it was inspired by Dragon Ball?

Hilda, Drowned God, Hobbes’ The Leviathan and Highlander

What's wrong with Earthbound?
The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that Mother 3 still hasn't had an official release despite Earthbound's popularity over the years.

oh now my post shows up.

Attached: Nah (Joke).png (302x383, 114.29K)

I guess an official release would be cool so more people would play it, but the fan translation was so good I don't really mind personally.

>Referencing anime and games 20 years old instead anything modern
>appeal to zoomers
user...

anime and video games.
and by that I mean Baccano! and Punch Out!
you figure out what that looks like, 'cause I sure as hell don't know.

It’s more inspired by Ghibli and 90s/early 00s shoujo anime

Attached: 88EC90E7-37B0-4240-8FFE-55C6A41F297F.jpg (2047x1152, 195.05K)

Depends on what I'm making.

They hate anime, they just like the aesthetic. Look at the creator of she ra for an example.

>but the fan translation was so good I don't really mind personally.
You're right. Some people don't even want an official release because they're worried about censorship over the Magypsies or the more mature themes.

My dream project would be something Sentai/toku related. Not entirely sure what but If I ever hat the chance to pitch something it will be like that

Attached: A92D14E1-08FA-4D9F-A96F-624E7AE4115A.jpg (3306x1255, 1.65M)

If I was a showrunner I would reference lots of vidya and anime i like in the background for the fun of itincluding hentai

Attached: 1499191743277.jpg (640x463, 33.26K)

Transformers, Digimon, Passion of the Christ.

What has she said about anime?

Because not everyone was a snob their whole life. They played and watched mainstream shit because that was the most easily accessible shit. People tend to have fond memories of stuff they played as a kid. I don't know why we don't respect the appeal of something unless it's some obscure weird shit that only 4 people watched. Also in what world is Earthbound Entry level. If it wasn't for smash I doubt most people would even know that game exists.

>Also in what world is Earthbound Entry level.
It is a fairly documented and reviewed Nintendo JRPG.

Translation:
>here's a bunch of shit I wasn't into when the film takes place, but I'm going to name-drop it in this interview for nerd cred

Touch grass.

Attached: 683E26B7-A614-471D-A883-AFDFB2A87663.jpg (828x436, 60.35K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qtuJQEBJTcg

I'll be the first to accuse "nerd girls" of being full of shit, but I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth, user.