Why don’t they care about 9/11?

Why don’t they care about 9/11?

Attached: 1D6BDAD2-1990-47E2-8D0A-F6B571B7AB77.jpg (640x480, 173.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CocoaFox023/status/1514914937625518082
chan.nuni.jp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1) They're Canadian, not American, you fucking idiot
2) Tragedies happen everyday, and if no one they personally knew died, it doesn't make since for them to lament over something that had happened over 3 years at the point of the film. While 9/11 was a big one, life didn't completely stop after it happened.

Canadians.

>Rarely anyone outside of America cared deeply about 9/11 outside of "oh, that's sad" and carried on
>I didn't care about 9/11, granted that might have been because I was a baby

Her mom did the Canadian equivalent of 9/11 at that concert
I wonder why she’s not in jail

Did anyone actually die? Seems the worst she did was a few mil in proptery damage, 9/11 was hundreds of times that plus 3000 dead

Turning Red is set in Spring 2002. 9/11 happened just a few months prior in the same school year.

you fucking zoomer, not even Americans were talking about 9/11 every day in April/May 2002

For context.
twitter.com/CocoaFox023/status/1514914937625518082
>inb4 twitter.

Attached: Screenshot_20220415-152304_Twitter.jpg (1080x452, 146.43K)

Oh fuck for real. God damn it Mr Enter.

Why did it have to be fucking Enter?

Attached: nervous cheetah.jpg (354x387, 149.55K)

Why would they? Did you think everyone across the world had daily mourning routine, or something?

Mei is Chinese. Buildings collapsing is like a normal Tuesday for her.

it was on the TV like constantly tho. I mean I remember it. I thought it was overdone but I was like 7. Like why are they still showing planes crashing at Christmas time?

>it was on the TV like constantly tho.
It wasn't.

if you watched the news, which I guess my dad was watching. Cable news I guess. And nightly news.

OP, did you ever stop to think about how stupid this question was?

>Why don't they care about 9/11?

Because they Canadians, you retard.

That'll be like asking why doesn't the Japanese care about Columbine or the Americans why they don't care about Princess Diana's death.

>tragedies happen every day
bro, if you think tragedies that influence the world consciousness on the scale of that of 9/11 happen every day then you are seriously delusional.

>Japanese care about Columbine

funny enough there was a journalist who walked around the streets of some Japanese city asking what they thought of Columbine. I'm a freak who remembers things like that.

and if you think 9/11 is relevant to Turning Red at all, then you're kind of not barking up the right tree either.

I just checked the review out, it sounds funnier on paper than it actually is. He made a fairly decent point.

CANADA, user. CANADA.

was it in context of mass destruction at the concert? Still stupid.

oh I don't think it's relevant at all, it's a movie made for kids that weren't even born yet when 9/11 happened.
it's just the argument for why it wasn't included being that "tragedies happen everyday" is ridiculous.

true enough, not on the news in Canada in Christmas time 2001. For all I know.

Canada is a US territory.

Mr. Enter's autism is legendary. Holy shit. Imagine becoming a cartoon reviewer just to bitch about shit you don't understand in cartoons. Like parental love and having a social life. Amazing.

No one cares at 9/11, you stupid American

People die all the time. Get the fuck over it.

See

I wish they made a 9/11refernce. Would've been funny if Kaiju mom took down the twin towers.

Ah yes, I remember growing up as a kid during that time period, all we talked about 9/11

Do we know how 9/11 occurred in the TRCU? Maybe a giant Eagle kaiju appeared and carried the planes to safety.

>Why didn't a fantasy movie about a voodoo doctor and talking animal care about Jim crow?

Do autist want realism in cartoons?

Attached: The-Princess-And-The-Frog-poster.jpg (2000x3000, 1.52M)

It's pretty common for autistics raised on cartoons to have trouble discerning fiction and reality. It's why they tend to 'learn' social cues by imitating what they see in cartoons. Most autists keep it one sided. As in, they expect real life to be just like their cartoons. Enter seems to want cartoons to be just like his miserable, lonely, tragedy filled real life.

But mostly I think Mr. Enter is just a socially stunted faggot that can't seem to recognize fun when he sees it.

I mean yeah, why not? Hunchback dealt with some heavy themes relevant to the time period.

I was born in 1993, we bullied some muslim kids after 911 but didn't really care about the event itself.

I'm not gonna watch beanmouth movie user.

Attached: 175598423085.png (831x637, 312.55K)

By dealt with, you mean danced around?

The only Disney movie where the heroine spent the majority of the movie cursed as a frog.

It's amazing seeing how much hate Mr. Enter gets when most if not all of his criticisms of cartoons were echoed on Yea Forums years ago.

because it's a shitty movie

Attached: 1637913813092.jpg (780x469, 91.08K)

>fun
Define it

because it's a Pixar movie you dumbass nigga

Attached: hayleysmith.png (204x204, 7.3K)

fun is when you
fun is- it's like- it's kinda- sorta like a
what is fun? i-
let me spell it for you!
F is for friends who do stuff together!
U is for you and me!
N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!

Imagine asking people who live on an entirely different continent their thoughts about a school shooting that happened in a midwestern town.

Is there an article or video that you could give a link to?

>world consciousness
Only americans give a fuck about 9/11

9/11 was fucking huge in Canada. Everyone was freaked out. I remember the school was just so quiet. No one did any class work. Each teacher talked about what it could mean for world politics, kids asked questions. I mean, how could you possibly get anything done that day?
By the next spring/summer life had returned to basically normal. People went to concerts and movies and such. But there was still a feeling of dread in the background. Not knowing if another attack was coming. Where and when?

Wasn't it 2004?
9/11 only seems big to us because we as Americans were personally affected. The African boy in Nigeria does not give two fucks about 9/11 and probably doesn't know it even happened.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town!
U is for uranium... bombs!
N is for no surviiiivooors when you-

>9/11 was fucking huge in Canada. Everyone was freaked out. I remember the school was just so quiet. No one did any class work. Each teacher talked about what it could mean for world politics, kids asked questions. I mean, how could you possibly get anything done that day?
>But there was still a feeling of dread in the background. Not knowing if another attack was coming. Where and when?

1) Oh please, Islamist extremists don't give a fuck about the random country above the US with fake french people in it.

2) You're speaking about the very day it happened. Turning Red does not take place even in the same YEAR as 9/11. Stop listening to Mr. Enter.

t. people who were too young to know what was going on during 9/11

I was in my teens. We stopped caring about it a few months after it happened. The only reason it's still in the "world consciousness" is because america dragged us into a war that killed millions afterwards

Because this is a kids movie

chan.nuni.jp

Attached: Hunter-pipe.jpg (2000x3553, 1.97M)

Did a person you loved died? If so, I'm sorry, but for everyone else who doesn't have a personal connection beyond being alive when the event happened and seeing it on the news, they have moved on. It's been over 20 years, it's time to start healing.

>Rarely anyone outside of America cared deeply about 9/11 outside of "oh, that's sad" and carried on
Except that that's not fucking true. It was the World Trade Center, you absolute dingus

Attached: image19.jpg (604x529, 107.08K)

Why not? The news is flooded with the opinions of Americans about America. Might be interesting to hear thoughts from an outside perspective. Especially since gun violence is WWAAAYYY lower in Japan. They might not understand the full scope of US gun politics, but at least it won't be the same "man on the street" opinions we get here.
"I luv guns NRA4ever!! Cold dead hands!"
"Guns are like, bad man. We gotta ban them...hold on while I smoke this kale."

Oh wow, 14 cows. Sure makes up for the over 2000 human lives lost.

I get the idea, but it falls flat.

Also, a fucking building being lost isn't as tragic as the lives that were in that building.

I think there's a communication mix up, I'm not arguing that it should have been included in turning red. I'm just saying that the idea that it was just an everyday tragedy to the rest of the world and only america ever thought it was a big deal is crazy and only those not aware of the world during 9/11 could possibly think that.

I wasn't making comparisons about what was more tragic or not. I was just invalidating your silly statement of "Rarely anyone outside of America cared deeply about 9/11 outside of "oh, that's sad" and carried on". Your comprehension and attention span are out of this world

>The news is flooded with the opinions of Americans about America.
Yes, Americans speaking about AMERICA, the country they live in. Makes sense. The average salaryman in Japan has more to worry about then the tragedies of an entirely different country that they hate anyway

Who TRULY cared? Besides international news stations having things to use to shit on America and have a huge pity party, did the average citizen outside the US was as affected as people in the US or even cared?

Can't say I'm surprised, and all of his criticisms boil down to "MUH REALISM", in a fucking cartoon movie. I also like how he gets Mei's name wrong, and calls her "Miley". It's incredible he hasn't changed one bit, the "much realism" criticisms, the bad grammar, it's all still there

Attached: Autism.gif (537x585, 34K)

Is this the new WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE VEGAS?

Attached: HERCULES-19.07.png (683x1024, 1.19M)

Yes, although, unlike Doug, Enter has nowhere near the amount of personality to make for a funny meme, he is a bland man, whose antics are fun to laugh at

Attached: What_a_Cunt.jpg (1112x945, 63.06K)

>I'm just saying that the idea that it was just an everyday tragedy to the rest of the world
But that's exactly what is was.

Why was he so mean?
Why are people in Discord so anal about pinging? It's a built-in feature that's really useful? I don't get the big deal.

for a child who was unable to comprehend the significance or gravity of what had happened, yes.

No, we didn't. If it hadn't sparked the war on terror you'd struggle to find people outside of america knowing about it

Autism that's the answer. I could be wrong tho and Enter is just a cunt, I heard he treated the "staff" in his cartoon "production" very poorly

Attached: Growing_pain.png (629x1600, 429.89K)