JJ Abrams' CONSTANTINE HBO Max Series prepares to enter production

>HBO Max is currently hard at work on a new Constantine series under executive producer J.J. Abrams.

>Production on Constantine will begin this fall, under the working title of “Chimney.” Principal photography will run approximately through February 2023, filming in both the UK and Morocco.

>Additionally, we have further insight as to who HBO Max wants to fill the lead role of John Constantine. Reportedly, the creative team is searching for a Black British man in his late 20s.

>John Constantine made his DC Comics debut back in 1985. The character has made several jumps to the screen before, most notably in the 2005 feature film starring Keanu Reeves and across multiple animated shows, voiced by Matt Ryan.

>HBO Max’s upcoming Constantine series represents the network’s latest venture with Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions. Fans can also expect a new animated series, Batman: Caped Crusader, and a feature film centered around the character Zatanna.

>In addition to Abrams, Constantine’s executive producers include Lovecraft Country alums Rachel Rusch-Rich and Ben Stephenson. British author Guy Bolton will write the series.

Attached: conmax.jpg (1280x720, 112.75K)

Please don't be black

>Please don't be black
Did you read the OP?
>Reportedly, the creative team is searching for a Black British man in his late 20s

Reminder what they took from us.

Attached: angelica celaya Zed-constantine-you had one job-dante ross-danterants-blogspot-com.gif (245x210, 1.97M)

You've got to be kidding me. Nobody wants that. There's no way westerners can make Constantine comic-true while adhering to their strict habits of worshiping the ground blacks walk on. He'll be unfathomably bland.

Oh great another white male superhero from visionary director Hollywood Hack #84. You can just tell they want the Marvel audience

J.J. Abrams needs to fuck off from Hollywood and take Damon with him

>Oh great another white male
Nope. Blackwashed.

>Reportedly, the creative team is searching for a Black British man in his late 20s.

Attached: a point where this needs to stop but.jpg (1058x705, 117.21K)

Jj Abrams? Well if this is half as good as his Star Trek and stars wars work then I think we’re in for a treat!

At a minimum he, Lindelof, and Alex Kurtzman shouldn't be given high profile gigs for a decade. It's only a matter of time before investors realize how much money they've cost them.

>JJ Abrams'
Think i'll take a pass on that one

>Constantine

Stop pushing this character

Nice a bisexual black man. That'll go over well.

DC is blackwashing yet another fan favorite character. Don't you DCucks just get tired of it? They hate white people, DC is racist and I might have to do something to them irl.

>wants to make Superman black
>wants to make Constantine black

Did he just see how his buddy Lindelholf did with Watchmen and decide that by making any lazy script he wants if he turns the protagonist black it's automatically bulletproof to criticism? Even INTERNALLY from WB?

Let's ignore all the blackwashing at Marvel that's been going on since phase 1. This isn't just a DC issue it's happening everywhere

the buck breaking agenda is real

>a feature film centered around the character Zatanna.
no hype for a JJ Constantine but I'd like a Zatanna movie they will fuck her up too though

show was really good, sucks that they couldn't even finish the season.

Attached: Constantine_Gary_Lester_Possessed.png (1366x768, 1.37M)

>J.J. Abrams.
can'tkeepgettingawaywithit.jpg

Bet you 100 bucks they're still going to pronounce his name incorrectly

>Reportedly, the creative team is searching for a Black British man in his late 20s.
I'mma head out.

God forbid you have anything to do with the actual character from Hellblazer who is embedded deep in British culture. Nah, got to Americanise it, diversify it, then make it generic good vs evil style anti-hero instead of John being a fucking con man cunt who gets all his friends killed, nah, got to make him the monster fighter and to top it off, one or two mentions of him being bi means he now has to fuck King Shark in that cartoon as a joke or something and take nothing but dick. DC have been destroying this character since the New 52 and this is just the turd cherry on top of the pile of shit.

>129993720
>129993562
kys

Matt Ryan is still playing him in the cw shit, probably the best part about those shows, why not still use him?

I am still so fucking pissed that they didn't wrap up the Zed/Resurrection Crusade/Manny story AT ALL even when the show became Arrowverse canon.

Probably because they want to distance themselves from that shit. Same reason they don't use TV actors in big movies.

>Black
I thought the rumour was they were eyeing Riz Ahmed?

Attached: Riz_Ahmed_at_the_Rogue_One_-_A_Star_Wars_Story_-_World_Premeire_Red_Carpet_-_DSC_0437_(31547570706)_(cropped).jpg (1200x1799, 411.72K)

Not anymore. JJ wanted John EXCLUSIVELY to himself so they had to remove him from Legends

I could definitely get behind this; great choice, even with all the autistic screeching.

Constantine wouldn’t like pol tossers nor would he care what bloody race he is you tosser

Attached: 17B00C3A-18E8-43A8-A997-7BC7A2045AEB.jpg (1844x954, 71.35K)

That's why he gone? Atleast they kept the actor around

Why a black?

After watching him in Sound of Metal I really think this would be a solid choice.

He was written with a specific background in mind. Working class Brit who looks like Sting and is from Liverpool. Alan Moore has a specific image in mind and claims he "met" the character, or someone like that. Those cartoons and modern depictions of Constatine have watered down and diluted the character so much he is basically nothing like how he should be.

And beyond the /pol/ talking points, does every character have to be race bent a certain way? There are different groups out there. He is more likely to be a Pakistani-British person like Riz Ahmed than black. (He'd probably be an alright choice desu.)
Posting a picture from some shitty cartoon movie just goes to show that you don't really give a toss about the character.

>WB/DC films all over the place.
>CW shows have generally had an alright following and kept some fans going.
>WB/DC seemed to get rid of its obsession with not having shows about movie characters by allowing Superman into the CW verse proper.
>Decide to shit on this and change tactic again.

Jim Corrigan also
At least give us an animated movie...
>Constantine: The Rising Darkness
Or
>Constantine: The Holy War

And I’m telling you to piss off with your wanker nonsense it’s literally not important to the core of Constantine

Attached: 0D2520DF-AB48-4981-A7CB-563271D97D3B.jpg (4425x2490, 1.65M)

This rumor been going on for 3 years and the "credible insider" change the starring black actor 4 times. Why do we entertain Constantine rumors? He don't even get any threads discussing him like Superman.

Keep larping and posting pictures from shit adaptations that know nothing about the real constantine. You don't have any idea what the core of the character even is.

As long as he's a smarmy cunt I'm cool with it I really don't care.

>not important
Then why even call him Constantine? If this shit is all so malleable; if ethnicity, culture and the creators ideas don't matter, then why bother calling him Constantine? Rhetorical question, obviously the answer is money/name recognition. A lot of his early stories dealt with things like Thatcherite Britain etc. Just change and dilute it all eh? Why bother with any of that? None of it matters right? You just want more shitty cartoons of him running around with superheroes? Why not just have some other occult generic person who is also a bit of a cunt then? If you move so far away from the character that it is no longer the same character there is no more point in it.
>samefag

Attached: Constantine on Magic.jpg (513x1052, 115.48K)

This was the only episode of this shit show that's good, because it's the only one that actually adapts a Hellblazer comic.

>the creative team is searching for a Black British man

I have no problem with this.

>in his late 20s

Unacceptable. Give me a bitter cunt or give me nothing.

Because the name and character transcends skin color you daft bird

Attached: CBAE4184-9B2B-4DBA-B89A-32BB128EC0F7.png (807x1333, 756.31K)

Not with his history, how he was created and the stories he was in. Not every character is the same generic multiversal superhero made to be endlessly spit out and regurgitated. Hellblazer was a mostly self contained thing within Vertigo. Before the New 52 and how his character has spiralled out of control to something he isn't. Adaptations of characters can be bad, you retard.

Bugger off than twat and go consume endlessly your perfect versions

Attached: BDE93EE5-E492-4E0B-80E8-5FAE777375F9.jpg (1400x700, 55.15K)

Man you larping faggots are the worst. Saying twat and wanker won't make you British. You can't even actually address any points, you're just retarded.

Eat me you cunt

Attached: ABE5E9FB-C313-4366-BE73-8AA42F95B678.gif (450x338, 1.69M)

kys

Kill me yourself you pansy

Attached: 45CAC9B6-4119-43C6-B40E-BE500FF46B4C.jpg (910x748, 43.27K)

Let me guess. Black and gay?

It wouldn't surprise me if JJ, Bad Robot, or people close to them are seeding rumors around

The real question I have is if things are in reality really as dire as JJ's attempt to get funding for the next Star Trek movie went

I know people who were bitter before they even hit their 20s.

JJ Abrams must be the worst fucking pick to work on a Constantine project. Where are the guys that worked on Doom Patrol? Get those guys, tell them to make the tone slightly more serious and less surreal and there we go.

>Matt Ryan is still playing him in the cw shit
nope
Thanks to JJ, DC embargo'd the character and they had to kill him off in season 6.
Matt Ryan now plays an OC named Gywn Davies.
both characters like dick so nothing much changed honestly,

>Where are the guys that worked on Doom Patrol?
working on season 4 and probably the Dead Boys show

The fake title is fitting since it's as if the lead is covered in soot

But user, we aren't talking about Keanu's Constantine movie. This is a new project.

>lot of his early stories dealt with things like Thatcherite Britain etc.

And that was forty years ago, mate. Times change and characters need to change with them.

>JJ Abrams must be the worst fucking pick to work on a Constantine project

JJ has produced numerous highly successful fan favouriteTV shows, butthurt Star Wars fanboy. Grow up and learn to be objective instead of letting your seething blind you.

As long as it has long sex scenes with Constantine getting fucked in the ass by male monsters, anything else they do is fine with me.

>Pakistani-British
just curious but would they be likely to be extreme left wing line Constantine is? cause that sounds like someone that would be very conservative and that isn't Constantine.