Spectacular Spider-Man

Why did it have to die?

Attached: SpectacularSpider-ManRender.png (600x1449, 377.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

remarkage.blogspot.com/2014/07/season-3.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Sony

Sony lost the TV rights to Spider-Man and Disney didn't have the rights to the show.

It therefore could not legally go on

equally important question: why haven't we gotten a good spider-man show since?

Didn't lose, gave them away to keep the film rights.

For all the good its done them.

Because Greg Weisman moved on to other things, namely Star Wars: Rebels and Young Justice.

Cartoons in general have been nosediving in quality. Nobody cares about an action show for boys with a multi season story and actual characters

Because

Attached: We love.jpg (640x360, 17.72K)

I'm honestly still surprised that marvel didn't greenlignt an ultimate spider-man adaptation when invincible came out. say what you will about USM but thatd be the perfect way to compete with amazon but I guess disney/marvel don't care that much

It almost happened in the early 00s, but honestly TSSM did everything it wanted to do better, so I don't think it'd work that much.

The good die young.

Well Jeph Loeb was the reason we had USM and I think the 2017 series. I wish Sony and Marvel would just work together to give us SSM Season 3.

Seeing YJ i dont know if that would be the best idea. But I do wish there were more fanfics that actually finish continuing it.

The Parker luck

I still don't get why they replaced Kingpin for Tombstone.

They already did a show called Ultimate Spider-Man before Invisible came and went.
Disney isn't going to shift, based on some minor flash-in-the-pan meme show. The "Think Mark" meme is all that lasted.

Wasnt their choice, back then the understanding was that Kingpin belonged to marvel due to the daredevil rights. The original outline had Kingpin in that role (still visible in the iTunes descriptions for the episodes) but had to be changed.

Disney didn’t want to fund a show produced outside its sphere of influence. It’s for the best it not get revived now though. Too much time has passed and it would undoubtedly be tainted by modern Spider-Man trappings like the Spiderverse.

ok show but pretty shit art style

I dont know the artstyle let it had the best fight scenes any spider-man show has every had.

Kingpin is officially a Daredevil villain rather than a Spidey villain and the showrunners only had rights for Spidey villains.

I liked Tombstone who funding various underground gangs leaving Parker to realize that he was simply a cog in the wheel. Too bad that the series went nowhere went this and rushed his arrest. Instead it focused on a crappy love triangle and typical villains. It was clearly trying to cater to girls, it seems. Mediocre show for the most part.

Tombstone didnt fund different organizations, what he did was distract spidey with supervillains so his crime empire could work, which is the smartest thing a kingpin like character can do.

And the love triangle is just something baked into spider-man, spidey's a soap opera superhero. As for the typical villains, they were always there dude.

no it's bad
cope

>Getting filtered by a good artsyle.
Pathetic

Attached: filtered.jpg (2082x684, 190.71K)

Why would i cope with you having no taste? That's something for you to deal with user.

You know, the show is one of my favorites of all time, but the kraven thing is still kinda a bad idea.

No its s based especially since it was gonna be connected to him

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (960x1440, 67.73K)

They were going to bring in... Mastermind, was it? That one reporter that hung around the Bugle was going to be a criminal mastermind who was behind Tombstone's arrest.

thank the lord for that, tombstone is much cooler than that fat fuck kingpin

I had a whole hypothetical episode list for how I would do a season 3 i wanted to share with you guys but i fucking forgot a lot of it

Well idk if you need kraven to be a furry for that. Warren's set up enough.
Nah, they werent doing to do foswell as the big man. They had considered crime master for s3 tho.
Share it user! I wonder how much it'll match with what we know the show would have done.

remarkage.blogspot.com/2014/07/season-3.html?m=1

Here's what was planned.

The spectacular radio stuff on the comments is the real impressive find.

alright, I'll see what I can remember. also I don't give a shit about the romance stuff so this'll just be villain plot progression
>Episode 1
pretty simple introductory episode. spider-man faces Hydroman, who has become a supervillain because he's had a hard life and these new powers are his ticket to fame, comfort, and doing whatever he wants. After all, why shouldn't a guy like him get a break?
>Episode 2
Tired of relying on Peter Parker for all of his Spider-shots, Jameson hires MacDonald Gargan, a professional reporter and photographer, to snap pics of the wall-crawler. Unfortunately, he gets caught in the crossfire of an attempt on Spider-man's life by a new villain: Hobgoblin! Gargan is seriously injured, but Spider-man manages to drive Hobgoblin off.
Towards the end of the episode, we get a monologue from Hobgoblin which tells us two things:
1. Hobgoblin is exhausted after their fight. He can't physically keep up with Spider-man because he doesn't have access to Green like Norman did.
2. Hobgoblin's motivation is to be immortalized within the pages of history as the one who killed Spider-man.
3. Spider-man meets directly with Gargan, who wants to do an interview with him and publish a piece that might help his public image. However, this meeting goes awry when both of them are attacked by Scorpion-the real MacDonald Gargan. The one Spider-man was talking with was really Chameleon, sent to gather information on him for an unknown third party. (It's Hobgoblin.) Scorpion gets away, but Chameleon is taken down by Spidey and properly arrested.
>Episode 4
With both Tombstone and Oscorp out of commission, Hammerhead enlists Spencer Smythe to help him get rid of Spider-man. Spencer builds the Spider-slayers. machines designed to track and kill any arachnid superhumans that may be out and about. The Spider-slayers mistakenly target Scorpion, and Spidey has to step in to save him while both the Spider-slayers and Scorpion himself try to kill Peter.
cont.

Hmm its solid, but Tombstone is still out there, just under surveillance. And this seems to ignore the Florida trip thing that was confirmed as the starter for season 3.

Another thing to note is that Alistair Smythe helped Peter invent his web shooters, and thus knows Peter Parker is Spider-man. He also doesn't know anything about what his father is doing until after the Spider-slayers have wreaked havoc on the city.
The episode ends with Spider-man leaving Gargan at the hospital with Jameson. Jameson admits that he created Scorpion, expresses guilt over what happened to him, and thanks Spider-man for his help.
>Episode 5: "Reputation"
A one-off story about Sandman and Black Cat teaming up for a heist. They talk about many things, and Spider-man does come up. Black Cat hates him, obviously, while Sandman thinks he seems like decent guy, minus the whole part about them constantly fighting.
Also, Black Cat has started carrying a gun since last season's prison break incident.

That's as far as I got before I sort of lost the plan entirely, so I'll just summarize the rest of the season.
>this season's sinister six would be entirely new, and at least include Hobgoblin, Hydroman, and the Spider-Slayers. Chameleon and Carnage are maaaaaayyybe included. Scorpion would definitely not be included.
>Oh yeah, Carnage. The symbiote would attach itself to John Jameson at some point, and he would...well, become Carnage.
>Spencer Smythe would die during the sinister six conflict. Alistair, in retaliation, would become Big Wheel, something so big that Spider-man can't web it up. He fails, because of his weight.
>oh and uhh Hobgoblin is Roderick Kingsley. Daniel Kingsley is actually the face of their fashion company, with Roderick being a better businessman but a walking PR nightmare for reasons I can't be assed to explain right now. So his entire identity was basically scrubbed from records, leaving him an Unperson. This is why he's so determined to be remembered.

and that's about it.

Why would Jon become carnage when Cletus actually showed up in the show. And the Alistair thing seems like an asspull ngl.

that was supposed to be a movie, and I'm ignoring it purposefully because we don't know what would have happened it.
also when I say Tombstone is out of the picture I mean Tombstone's gang is out of the picture, or at least everyone thinks it is, because of Tombstone being under surveillance.
also also, I should admit I don't really know that much about Spider-man. Or writing.

>Why would Jon become carnage when Cletus actually showed up in the show.
I just think he would fit better. And John Jameson was Carnage at one point.
>And the Alistair thing seems like an asspull ngl.
yeah probably.

For a first effort its still pretty solid. I had one somewhere that I want to polish and do something with one day.
Greg had Cletus as Carnage in the gargoyles crossover thing after all so I assume he would have been in the show.

Is this streaming anywhere? I know for certain this isn't on Disney Plus

LIVING ON THE EDGE

Attached: eddfd0279f94247ec6b9035fc34ef12f.gif (480x320, 719.34K)

Your only options are pay-to-watch like Google and Amazon

Or netflix if you're from anywhere but the US.

user, I don't think this is a reilable source

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (170x125, 3.28K)

Weisman mentioned some of the ideas he wanted to explore in later seasons of Spectacular, and it sounded pretty fun.

I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I re watched this last year on Netflix.
This series really is fucked legally, huh.

have you tried thepiratebay

Part of a bigger arc. Greg wanted Manwolf vs Mancat Kraven before reverting him.

Its all linked to interviews...
Oh for sure. And its focused.
You can use a VPN for sure.
Would be fun ngl

I already re watched it.

He was bland as hell

Some of the villains already seeded on the show or later mentioned by Greg:

Jackal
Hydroman
Manwolf
Carnage
Scorpion
Hobgoblin
Crime Master
Sin-eater
Morbius

Every season would also have a new Sinister Six lineup

uh huh

>Jackal
>Hydroman
>Manwolf
>Carnage
>Hobgoblin

Well, technically they all appeared as civilians..

Sin Eater too

Who is Sin Eater Too?

I mean that he was a civilian in the show too. Stan Carter, alongside Jean Dewolffe.

>its done them
Whose done them?

I think we all know if we got a season 3, Peter would get a new classmate and friend in Miles Morales then he and Gwen would also get powers like Peter