What does manga have that Western comics don't?

What does manga have that Western comics don't?

Attached: 001.png (2598x3661, 1003.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhentai.net/g/147279/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 002.png (2598x3661, 1.73M)

>Consistent writer/artist
>Stories with a beginning and end
>No cross-universe status quo to maintain
>Better baseline of artistic standards

Bikers that throw away their life for underage ass

Attached: 1642202532335.png (640x238, 72.03K)

>COOMing material all the time

At least post good manga instead of something mediocre/run of the mill. If you're going to recommend Manga to Yea Forums at least make it something good, instead of this usual shit.

Attached: Dick.png (1434x1077, 1.55M)

disgusting

He never went to prison. They just canned his manga. Hopefully he starts working again under a pseudonym.

Yeah. It's not to say that the manga industry doesn't have it's own problems, but it's nice to just read a single story start to finish and not having to worry about things like "Oh shit, Greg Land is filling in for six issues."

>What does manga have that Western comics don't?
Weeb faggots stirring shit on Taiwanese Fishing Forums

Get this okay? What if both of them were black men, I'd find that incredibly funny

An audience.

Sexy lolis

Oppai loli

Attached: Screenshots_2022-04-15-13-17-18.png (535x580, 328.68K)

...You've literally just described the american graphic novel market.

They are black men. That's how black men are drawn in Japanese manga.

>a variety of genres that aren’t capeshit

This is the biggest draw for me

>At least post good manga instead of something mediocre/run of the mill.

Go to Yea Forums

Art has no standards in American comics

>indies and euros exist
Cool homie, shame 99% of the discussion here and 99.9999999999999% of comic sales a re capeshit.

Prove it.

Originality

>shame 99% of the discussion here

I mean, if we're treating posters on this board as sample size of readers, then all comics readers are 13 year old edgelords posting from their school chromebooks.

>and 99.9999999999999% of comic sales a re capeshit.

Come on man, you know full well that manga charts along side american comics and GNs.

>mfw my first Japanese comic ever was Vanity Angel

Attached: DBGT04.png (320x240, 111.15K)

Creator driven stories and series that actually end.
Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America, they'll all be learning the same lessons over and over and won't be allowed to grow. The company that owns them won't allow it.

>Creator driven stories and series that actually end.

Attached: 2o8by2upsrw31.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

I feel like Dungeon Meshi is the only series I follow anymore now that Berserk is over.

Attached: dungeon_meshi_race swap.png (1252x1800, 593.34K)

>serialized in: twitter
>hd resolution
Is that w2x upscales?

>cherrypicking a shonen long runner
Unlike capeshit, wan piss still has a planned end.

Just read creator owned
Seriously
Go to Image, Dark Horse, Boom, etc websites and browse what titles sound interesting

It's unlikely, he's basically blacklisted from the industry and everyone hates him for destroying his artist's career.

Echolands
Ghost Cage
Once and Future
Ultramega

One Piece is like 80% over now

The fuck kind of manga is that?

We had an indie thread on Wednesday that was still up yesterday

>Berserk
Too soon.

>Boom
>90+% of the catalog is woke trash
Sure, there's the occasional nugget worth reading but unless the cover really speaks to me, or I've had a decent experience with the names on it, I generally don't bother.

If the uploader is letting Twitter resize everything then you can access the full sized image by changing the URL from &name=large to &name=orig

Doh. I keep forgetting the old tumblr trick works there too. Probably because I barely ever went there in the first place, and after they miraculously managed to find a way to make it even worse I don't go there at all.

Sadly tumblr completely redid their backend specifically to cockblock full sized image access and I have no idea what the new trick is

In Asia people will tell you if your art sucks to your face and how to improve

In America artists have cult of toxic positivity

Take a wild guess

Attached: 001_MB_0001.jpg (2144x3044, 2.28M)

>>cherrypicking a shonen long runner
>Unlike capeshit, wan piss still has a planned end.

Okay, that's fair. I cherrypicked One Piece.

How about Hunter x Hunter?

And that is...?

Are there any western comics that would considered essential reading in terms of fantasy or adventure? Literally all I can think of is Bone.

Attached: Bone_Kingdok.jpg (1280x1753, 392.6K)

Greatest love story ever told
nhentai.net/g/147279/

Hellboy
Cerebus

In a hentai?

90% of Boom, DH, and Image's catalogues are generic TV pitches.

Hybrids can differ greatly in appearance depending on which parent is which species. For example, you can look up the fairly considerable difference between a liger (lion father + tiger mother) and a tigon (tiger father + lion mother). Knowing this, Marcille's "human" race "swap" here could very well be a hidden race swap of her parents. It's also interesting to read this page in hindsight and see her reaction to being put in the elf box.

NTR

>another shonen long runner except borderline perma hiatus
What about it? Plenty of western shit goes on perma hiatus too. They just call it cancellation instead, so people can't bitch about it. At least western indies are honest about it, instead of closing with a halfassed rushjob.

Obligatory Fuck You Ellis comment.

You actually bothered checking?

Figures.

I work there.

My dad works there.

>linking the improperly tagged upload
You scamp.

Attached: https _pbs.twimg.com_profile_banners_1415727728033107969_1626632027_1500x500(1).jpg (430x436, 50.37K)

Weekly Shonen Jump has a very different model from most of the industry and pushes the "series will run until they get canceled due to falling sales" idea extremely hard. Citing any series from there is cherry picking and not representative of the industry.

>Any example you give is cherry-picking!

Uh-huh.

Everyone know about DC/Marvel, but no one know what other comics there are out there.
I would place my bet on brand recognition is ruining comic market.

I like how you're tacitly admitting that the only examples you can give are shounen.

Tintin
Conan
Artesia

Yep. That's definitely what I'm doing. You are winning this discussion, user. Hopefully that will fill the void created by your Dad's perpetual disappointment in you.

This discussion start to remind me about the doujin about a boy that had a detachable penis, and it's reveal in the end he was a black person.

Affordability, availability, and variety.

Weird projection, but okay.

Indie comics are either generally unappealing trash or selfabsortbed "art"

Chris Ware as a graphic designer is probably better than most manga artists, but its boring as shit to look at. Its comics for people who want to look at this kind of comic, not trying to draw in the casual reader. The drawings are all clean and cold with no humanity in them like the pen line of manga characters.

Attached: 1021-wolk01-superJumbo-v2.jpg (1391x2048, 680.82K)

Berzerk.

Now, we'll all wait while you conveniently move the goalposts.

From one single magazine at that.

It's like complaining that all American comics are about Batman.

>Creator literally died
Is that really the example you want to go with user?

Not just any black person. His dad was Bob Sapp.

I like Chris Ware but holy shit do his comics attract the biggest fart-huffing hipster faggot cunts on the planet, my god.
I think that's part of what puts a hamper on the indie appeal, lots of annoying faggots who act like they're some kind of master of culture because they read a comic about a depressed loser or a disabled person.

Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue

Opus by Satoshi Kon

Eat My Fuck by Me

this is so fucking confusing where do i even begin to read this

Is this not a western comic? It looks like a wannabe manga

>Opus by Satoshi Kon
Huh?
Pretty sure Opus was finished.

It's one of those twitter manga.

It was, but the magazine that ran it got canceled, so it took 14 years for the ending to actually get published.

>The manga was serialized in Gakken's bi-monthly manga magazine Comic Guys starting in October 1995 until the cancellation of the magazine in June 1996. As Kon started working on Perfect Blue and focusing on his anime career, Opus was put on permanent hiatus and Kon later came to refer to it as a failure. Tokuma Shoten collected the 19 chapters into two volumes published on December 13, 2010 under its Ryu Comics imprint, adding a missing ending found after Kon's death. The final chapter, found in Kon's files, was never finished or published and was included by the publisher to help readers "understand the intent of the story".

>The manga was serialized in Gakken's bi-monthly manga magazine Comic Guys starting in October 1995 until the cancellation of the magazine in June 1996. As Kon started working on Perfect Blue and focusing on his anime career, Opus was put on permanent hiatus and Kon later came to refer to it as a failure.

>Tokuma Shoten collected the 19 chapters into two volumes published on December 13, 2010 under its Ryu Comics imprint, adding a missing ending found after Kon's death.